• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NT hiring for a new AAA game using UE4.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Nothing nor DMC5, a DmC2, or NT's demise or even if they make a great game can break the chains of hatred. Only time can heal the scars unless if NT does something stupid again.
Which they will probably do again. Negative attention is attention.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Gotta love the fact that some of you seem to want NT to vanish off the face of the earth,
which is pretty terrible considering that many of these people probably have families to feed and bills to pay.

But that aside, WOO! Let it be DmC2! (Probably won't, but we can hope!)

c'mon dude. DmC is relatively fresh. we need some of the classic NT to come out. we need enslaved 2. heavenly sword seems like one of those games that is great as a stand-alone.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
wanting someone who knows their way around shooting and stealth mechanics doesn't necessarily mean they want those mechanics in their next game. Those are interesting mechanics to design around and balance, so knowledge of them means you've got experience working in particularly tricky game designs and wouldn't be scared off if you were asked to design something a little unconventional

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope through some miracle, they do a [PROTOTYPE] game. Since Radical entertainment closed it, NT would pick it up and do a third game. I don't know why, but I feel like NT would do an amazing job on it in terms of environment, and their gameplay improving thanks to Capcom could do some good as well.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well its a good chance it isn't DMC related....sooooooooooooo....if that is the case they might be working on this new game for like 2-3 years since its AAA meaning....yeah if that is the case what will Capcom with DMC/DmC during that time?

Since they said they wanted a new DMC game out by 2015 they could always continue without them.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I think NT would have to be out of their minds to do DmC2. Especially after the backlash of the first and the 'butthurt' which still floats around on FB when someone posts a pic of the new Dante.

Someone posted a pic of a tattoo they had done of the new Dante... most of the comments were ridiculous. The most used comment "Wrong Dante"? It's not your arm! Why do you give a s**t?!

Sorry... it's just... some people are idiots.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I think NT would have to be out of their minds to do DmC2. Especially after the backlash of the first and the 'butthurt' which still floats around on FB when someone posts a pic of the new Dante.

Someone posted a pic of a tattoo they had done of the new Dante... most of the comments were ridiculous. The most used comment "Wrong Dante"? It's not your arm! Why do you give a s**t?!

Sorry... it's just... some people are idiots.
Not idiots, I just think it's gotten out of hand. You get angry for long enough the world becomes a storm and you struggle to see the light on the horizon. Trust me, I tried let off some steam last year, after a couple days, I was so stressed and ****ed off, I can't imagine anybody doing it for 2 and half years.

With the way the fandom is, Devil May Cry shouldn't have any sequels, not for a long time. As much as I'd love a DmC2, it's possible they could be out of their minds if they attempted it right now. The whole series needs a hiatus.

EllDawn

Not idiots, I just think it's gotten out of hand. You get angry for long enough the world becomes a storm and you struggle to see the light on the horizon. Trust me, I tried let off some steam last year, after a couple days, I was so stressed and ****ed off, I can't imagine anybody doing it for 2 and half years.

With the way the fandom is, Devil May Cry shouldn't have any sequels, not for a long time. As much as I'd love a DmC2, it's possible they could be out of their minds if they attempted it right now. The whole series needs a hiatus.
I agree with you. With how the fandom is acting about it they should just give it a break and work on something else.

Whatever it is that NT will be working on next, I'm interested in seeing what it is. I'd hate to see them go.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

I can understand DmC but why DMC (the original series) if the fanbase is up at arms about DmC why should DMC get canned or shelved?

The way I see it Capcom should release a new DMC game and continue with the franchise and over time when everyone is DMCed-out or I say in lke 5-10 years release a DmC sequel.....but its not really DmC's the problem but rather NT. I mean fans have been known to forgive DMC in the past.

DMC2FrontCover.jpg

scionicspectre

If Ninja Theory is making money and getting good critical reviews from the press, I hardly see how any sour fans could keep them doing their thing. I'm sure they're aware of a lot of fans' reactions, but if you let the opinions of others dictate your life, you'll never do what's right for you. Ninja Theory needs to follow its creative vision despite naysayers, and I'm sure they'll give those who hate or love them something good to chew on.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
If Ninja Theory is making money and getting good critical reviews from the press, I hardly see how any sour fans could keep them doing their thing. I'm sure they're aware of a lot of fans' reactions, but if you let the opinions of others dictate your life, you'll never do what's right for you. Ninja Theory needs to follow its creative vision despite naysayers, and I'm sure they'll give those who hate or love them something good to chew on.

same with the amazing spider-man

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm not offended by your comment, just confused as to why everybody seems to think that it's acceptable to feel sorry for people who have brought it on themselves, if they want to avoid it then actually make something that'll sell instead of making something that clearly will not.
It isn't like every single person in NT was responsible for Tameems (Is that how it's spelt?) dumb comments. Like some of the devs and art designers, not everyone had a hand in the press releases of the game, nor the story script. Some of these people were just doing their jobs.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3

>making money

That's probably the problem here, i suspect. If the game was a success i think that Capcom and NT would be more optimistic and "open" to give new information after all the ****storm that ruled in the internet by the release of the game; mainly considering that Capcom was optimistic in the beggining and talking about a DMC game comming at least in each 2.5 years. I think that Capcom will just bury the series or come up with something related to the old series (i don't know exactly what they can try, but up to this point, could be really anything, even a new reboot but in the same universe, with the same characters).

I prefer to just wait instead of discussing the DMC future right now given that it's purely speculation anything we can talk right now, i think that if we don't get any information about it at least in 2014, then i think that we can fear a little about the future of the franchise.

And about NT: i think that the guy behind all the **** with DMC fans is Tameem, he seems to be a very arrogant person, i don't like him. But i have nothing agains't NT team itself and i think that here are some creative people there that deserve credit, still they are new to the industry and don't seem to know how to make a good action game properly just yet; but they are developing over time, DmC was a great leap compared to Heavenly Sword gameplay.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
A Website Introduction Video with a (probably) first look at their next game: (0:47 - 2:00 - 2:40)
;)
tumblr_mpqgmqvB841ryfipvo2_r1_1280.jpg

sdiowhrjoiehrwohewo I LOVE BLUE HAAAAIR! I loved the color so much I even thought about dyeing my hair blue once.

Dammit I need to see a trailer on this thing NOOOOOOW! It's giving me Mcgee's Alice butterflies! And I mean that term literally.

How long did Capcom take between DMC3 and DMC4 announcements? I"m just curious. I just think its sort of like this with any big game, you don't normally announce a sequel only months after release. I think as gamers we should be happy that more companies aren't able to follow the release schedules of activision and ubisoft, because they're the only ones that seem to immediately start selling a sequel for a game before its even released. It's like they're saying "what you didn't like what we did with the last version of this game? Doesn't matter Part 2, 3, 4 and 5, and 6 are already in production, PRE-order now!"

As for Tameem, I really don't think he's worth the amount of hatred some people give him. I have to see more stuff from him to really see if he's worth defending, but I think he did bring some interesting design choices into DmC, but then again, its hard to know what kind of influence he has over design decisions. IS he someone like Kojima, Levine, or Miyamato, someone who really determines the final quality and overall vision of the game, or is he just a good manager with some programming experience? (btw, I"m not implying he's anywhere near their level of pedigree or skill, just saying, in order for him to deserve the amount of vitriol he gets, it would require him to be that influential and significant over the games he designs).

Anyway, he seems like a nice dude, from someone who had no idea who he was before DmC was released (Me). Here's a recent clip I found of him, you have to go to 3:52 to see the infamous Tameem talking about QTE events and where he feels they are appropriate and not appropriate, his views on this issue definitely make me admire him.

The infamous TAMEEM talking about QTE's on some British show. (move to 3:52)

I think the worst part about Ninja Theory not doing a future DmC is the loss of their distinct visual style. After DmC, I expect all my world design to be just as creative and eye popping. I know Capcom can nail the gameplay for any future DMC game themselves, but the art style, I'm just not sure Capcom can maintain the same kind of wow factor that DmC brought, I know they have the talent, but a lot of their recent games have been trying too hard to show simply technical prowess over good art design. In DMC4, one of my biggest frustrations was the generic nature of most levels, it was like HD CASTLE, HD FOREST, HD CITY AREA, HD SHANTY TOWN, and really felt like a demo for the various environments that MT framework can render instead of a fully realized world by a passionate art team. Again, before people start seeing blood red, I'm only talking about levels in DMC4, not character and enemy design, those showed some great detail and love, especially the regular enemies (they are actually higher quality models than DmC if you zoom in and look at them closely).

Top Bottom