• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NT hiring for a new AAA game using UE4.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I feel maybe taking the ten member team who did "fightback" and trying to do an indie game for Sony's PS4 would be ideal as it would give them room to show their skills.

their goal is to "make games as a credible medium to tell stories like film or literature" or so their website says is admirable but they could achieve it better by using the gameplay to tell the story and show how it can be used to do that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I feel maybe taking the ten member team who did "fightback" and trying to do an indie game for Sony's PS4 would be ideal as it would give them room to show their skills.

their goal is to "make games as a credible medium to tell stories like film or literature" or so their website says is admirable but they could achieve it better by using the gameplay to tell the story and show how it can be used to do that.

They have a pretty blinded goal as your right. Its admirable but if I want to read a book I'll read a book or watch a move watch a movie and not all forms of film and literature are actually good, some are pretty crap (Twilight, Micheal Bay films, etc).

They want to tell stories like film and literature not be good or of high quality like film and literature.

Being like film and literature doesn't guarantee quality writing it just means you created an experience that feels like reading a book or watching a film.

Regardless there has been plenty of games that came before any of NT's game that has long accomplished that goal and much better too and even game today that far exceed any story telling skills NT can muster (Last of Us, Walking Dead, MGS, Mass Effect, etc).

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I can see a trend now with NT next gen.

This gen all their games had characters with red hair.

1. Heavenly Sword (the main protagonist had red hair)
2. Enslaved (the main side kick had red hair)
3. DmC (a support/key character you don't see often has red hair....Eva's role in DmC is basically the same as her role in DMC1).

So it seems this new chick with the blue hair is probably the main hero. So if history repeats their next game after this the sidekick will have blue hair too maybe and their next game will have a key character who has blue hair or just another character with blue hair....so if that is the case DmC2 will be their third/last game for next gen starring a character with blue hair or another controversial reboot of a popular franchise that features a chick with blue hair.
I think maybe the game with the blue haired girl could have a character with red hair still [I mean if there's blue, what's stopping green or pink or red?]. And if it was DmC2. I know one certain character who's got red hair XD
267358.jpeg

Luciaaaaaa

IncarnatedDemon

This so much.
I view a game that uses gameplay to tell a story in a much higher regard than i view game that uses cutscenes to tell one.

Exejpgwmv

I'm not offended by your comment, just confused as to why everybody seems to think that it's acceptable to feel sorry for people who have brought it on themselves, if they want to avoid it then actually make something that'll sell instead of making something that clearly will not.
So you want them to become EA? Yeah, no.

Exejpgwmv

I joined this forum just to talk to you.
I wouldn't be so damn spiteful at the game and Ninja Theory if they weren't such smug arseholes about it.
I.E Saying that Dante was gay, Saying that the old fans disliked it because of his hair (Not because you dumbed it down and made the main character who was once a loveable carefree guy into an edgy poorly written Orwellian ****) That their game was going to be better than bayonetta, and when It finally all came down to it, they called us "entitled" that we didn't eat up the trash that they shat out.
So yeah I don't want incompetent Game devs to stay afloat when there might be much better indie/smaller devs struggling to get in to the AAA world, Much less incompetent game devs that will take one of the most beloved Hack n Slashes and turn it into a steaming pile of ****.
Wow, half of this comment Is just you shouting your own biased opinions like there facts and the other half is just factually wrong

The Final Offer

Man, I'm not reading all of this MADNESS!

NT is awesome and they've been praising Naughty Dog for a while now.

http://n4g.com/news/532379/ninja-theory-naughty-dog-best-console-developers-in-the-world

In short, they're learning and taking their experience to mold their next projects. It's not like they're some arrogant team composed of head shakes. They take in the feedback and since DmC was getting such approval from critics like Capcom wanted the game to, they're more capable of creating a game on par with Last of Us.

Top Bottom