• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NT hiring for a new AAA game using UE4.

Dominus

https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/statuses/352405275552137217
http://www.ninjatheory.com/wp/?page_id=646
Senior Designer being hired for this project..
  • Knowledge of the game design development process gained from working on multiple shipped titles, ideally of a recognised AAA standard.
  • Ability to generate innovative and creative game systems and/or level designs typically gained from at least four years relevant experience.
  • Ability to accurately communicate designs through documentation with the use of written English, visual aids and other supporting material (such as 3d mock-ups, graphs, diagrams, spreadsheets, etc).
  • Strong prototyping skills
  • Excellent verbal communication skills (English).
  • Solid understanding of practical mathematics.
  • Practical experience with 3D game editing tools (e.g. Unreal, CryENGINE, Unity)
  • Excellent self organisation and analytical skills
  • Leadership skills, and ability to organise and task other team members, including those in design AND in other disciplines.
  • Strong technical and creative problem solving skills
  • Passion for video games and design
  • Scripting experience (text based or visual – e.g. kismet)
  • Experience working on a product featuring shooting, melee combat or stealth mechanics
  • Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of team work is paramount at Ninja Theory.
So may or may not be DmC2, noting the bolded section makes it hard to tell..

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i don't see devil may cry in the stealth business

Well its mainly asking for people who can specialize in making an action game generally and if your good at making stealth game an aspect.....however if this is a notice to hire new workers for a game and if they're looking people well versed in shooting (1st or 3rd person shooters), melee combat (I really wouldn't consider DMC melee combat based...would you?), and stealth....meaning they must be assembling a team to make a game that uses these gameplay elements.

If my hunch is correct then either DmC2 will have stealth and 3rd/1st person shooter elements or this is a new IP (might be another game for another IP like an Enslaved sequel....that game had 3rd person shooter elements and some stealth elements).

By the looks of it they could be making a stealth based shooter.

252px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

IncarnatedDemon

Aren't they asking for superman to apply for the job :p?
Edit:
I bet its a new game or a sequal to Enslaved or HS, and it will be a PS4 development.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
How many flops will it take to get rid of these guys?
They'll go away on their own soon enough.

Edit:

Experience in shooting, combat, and stealth mechanics.

This would be the perfect game for me if it weren't being made by Ninja Theory. And Unreal 4chan. And Tam Tam.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
[Experience working on a product featuring shooting, melee combat or stealth mechanics]

I wonder if it's a Heavenly Sword 2 or Enslaved 2. Stealth doesn't sound like something Devil May Cry has, but I'm pretty sure Enslaved had some stealth moments from what I remember, and Heavenly Sword is the type of game where you could have that. Although who knows, perhaps it's a new title altogether...or Dante's putting on a sneaking suit :p

I call dips on Dante using a cardboard box!

Anchorboy7

Gotta love the fact that some of you seem to want NT to vanish off the face of the earth,
which is pretty terrible considering that many of these people probably have families to feed and bills to pay.

But that aside, WOO! Let it be DmC2! (Probably won't, but we can hope!)
I joined this forum just to talk to you.
I wouldn't be so damn spiteful at the game and Ninja Theory if they weren't such smug arseholes about it.
I.E Saying that Dante was gay, Saying that the old fans disliked it because of his hair (Not because you dumbed it down and made the main character who was once a loveable carefree guy into an edgy poorly written Orwellian ****) That their game was going to be better than bayonetta, and when It finally all came down to it, they called us "entitled" that we didn't eat up the trash that they shat out.
So yeah I don't want incompetent Game devs to stay afloat when there might be much better indie/smaller devs struggling to get in to the AAA world, Much less incompetent game devs that will take one of the most beloved Hack n Slashes and turn it into a steaming pile of ****.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Gotta love the fact that some of you seem to want NT to vanish off the face of the earth,
which is pretty terrible considering that many of these people probably have families to feed and bills to pay.

But that aside, WOO! Let it be DmC2! (Probably won't, but we can hope!)

Why does everybody seem to default to the "Oh they have families to feed" argument all the time? Since when has that excused mediocrity? If they were to ever lose their jobs then maybe they should have put out better work instead of say, oh i don't know, a ****ty looking mobile game, hmm?

That aside though, who knows? Maybe their hiring because they've realised that, maybe they need somebody who can actually help them put out something that resembles a decent game.

And hey, maybe THEN they can get around to feeding all of those families that everybody keeps talking about!

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Why does everybody seem to default to the "Oh they have families to feed" argument all the time? Since when has that excused mediocrity? If they were to ever lose their jobs then maybe they should have put out better work instead of say, oh i don't know, a ****ty looking mobile game, hmm?

That aside though, who knows? Maybe their hiring because they've realised that, maybe they need somebody who can actually help them put out something that resembles a decent game.

And hey, maybe THEN they can get around to feeding all of those families that everybody keeps talking about!
It was just a comment, nothing to take offense too. And regardless of who they are, it's still pretty damn awful that people should lose their jobs. I've seen first hand just how difficult it can be to find a new job.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
It was just a comment, nothing to take offense too. And regardless of who they are, it's still pretty damn awful that people should lose their jobs. I've seen first hand just how difficult it can be to find a new job.

I'm not offended by your comment, just confused as to why everybody seems to think that it's acceptable to feel sorry for people who have brought it on themselves, if they want to avoid it then actually make something that'll sell instead of making something that clearly will not.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I joined this forum just to talk to you.
Looks like someone has a stalker.

Dark Drakan, would you mind looking into this? This person's motives seem suspect at best.

Personally, I think this thread should be closed before this gets out of hand.

IncarnatedDemon

Enslaved 2 is my guess. I recall Monkey making noise to attract attention so that Trip could get to point B from point A. Plus it's kinda shooter with melee combat. Monkey has a pole.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Looks like someone has a stalker.

Dark Drakan, would you mind looking into this? This person's motives seem suspect at best.

Personally, I think this thread should be closed before this gets out of hand.
Yes, it's getting tiring hearing people break out into fights, and all because they're making a new game. Nothing's even been announced on what it is.

I do hope it's a Enslaved 2 though, I really did love that game even though the gameplay wasn't deep as DmC. But from what they'd learned they could do a lot with it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yes, it's getting tiring hearing people break out into fights, and all because they're making a new game. Nothing's even been announced on what it is.

And if its not DmC(2) and something else people will find way to get into fights about that.

Ninja Theory left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths and thus created an endless cycle of hate.

Nothing nor DMC5, a DmC2, or NT's demise or even if they make a great game can break the chains of hatred. Only time can heal the scars unless if NT does something stupid again.

Top Bottom