• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NT hiring for a new AAA game using UE4.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
This post isn't being made in defense of NT, it's to just clear a few things up.

The game industry is, and almost always has been, a cutthroat business. Even before the crash of 2008.

I believe that it is actually very hard not only for game developers, but for almost everyone else as well to find a job.

However, I don't think I'll really get anywhere by saying this. Whenever I bring it up, someone else just brings up the fact that RE sold 4 million and Tomb Raider sold 3 million.

But, believe it or not, there's a huge economic problem out there. And it's only going to get worse.

When it hits you (when, not if), just try to remember what I said. And that I tried to warn everyone else ahead of time.

I say this with no malice, and am really trying to post this in the calmest tone possible.

Fair enough. But if they have some skills and are social enough, they will find a new job, even if it takes some time and causes problems. Of course, I hope they will find new jobs, and I can't say I'm sure my opinion is correct, either.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
This was waaay back before we cleared things up. I don't know why you feel the need to start another argument.

I don't want to get into one. And this guy's motives are indeed suspect. If you join a forum just to harass another member, then something is seriously wrong here.

Please, can we not get into this?

Fine, I'll leave it at '' don't agree with you'. I don't know if he's here to harass another member. Maybe he's trying his best to make a point. Anyway, let's just leave it at that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Another argument between two people who feel the opposite way, without presenting actual logical, cogent arguments for both their views. In this case, if it goes on like this, maybe this thread should be closed.
Well, I just left to go watch cartoons. It doesn't matter what I say. It's not like people like demon here would actually listen. She's relentless with her views and opinions and will just keep on arguing. You can't have any kind of discussion with a person who will just plug up their ears on any counter.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I didn't see a very big marketing campaign for DmC at all. There was like no TV spots and I think the most public eye that game had was the CG trailer that premiered before that latest Resident Evil movie. I didn't go see it but, my friend said that's where he saw it.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
char_56165.jpg

tumblr_m6d8ogXp5B1r8uo3io1_500.png

Kingdom-Hearts-Birth-by-Sleep-Awakens-On-PSP-This-Summer.jpg

tumblr_static_saix.png

download.jpg

ghost_in_the_shell_25.jpg

Boom! Blue hair power! :lol:

I feel like going on a full scale blue hair search now *_* and getting some hairdye.

DragonMaster2010

I don't take DmC's gameplay seriously. On one side i hear it's spectacular gameplay thats pushed forward the gameplay of DMC.

But then i watch videos and reflect on whats not in DmC. I don't think its necessary to list whats not in DmC.
Anyway i consider DmC "Capcom teaching Ninja theory how to make a DMC game" or "Ninja theory producing a DMC game". And note by producing i do not mean inventing or creating, but making something that has been done before.
If you had put NT to make a completely new IP (new attacks, character, story etc) with "DMC DNA" where DMC DNA treshold is roughly same level of good gameplay as what you see in DmC, then they would have serious issue. They would have to come up with new concepts and do more work.

Anyway whether DMC's gameplay is good or not, DmC's gameplay is certainly not better than it. I would say that its worse and to a certain degree my opinion is a fact.

And yet I still play it over the old ones. It's all a matter of what the player wants, and I wanted something new over an HD collection of the same old 3 games.

IncarnatedDemon

And yet I still play it over the old ones. It's all a matter of what the player wants, and I wanted something new over an HD collection of the same old 3 games.
I am aware of that.

But lets look at some statistics

Heavenly Sword sold 1.5m
Enslaved sold 700K
DMC 4 sold 2.7m
DmC sold 1.1m
DMC 3 sold 1.3m
DMC 1 sold 2.16m
DMC 2 sold 1.7m
SOURCE

Lets assume 300K of the 700K to 1.5M people who bought Enslaved and Heavenly, went on to buy DmC.
And lets also assume 100K people who bought DmC were not Ninja theory or DMC fans.

So if 400K of the people who bought DmC were not DMC fans, then that leaves 700K who were fans.
And average of all the DMC games sales is 1.965m
Thats alot of DMC fans who didnt buy DMC.

Anyway, if you like DmC story and character, its easier for you or others to ignore its flaws.
I was talking about DmCs gameplay only though, i wasnt adressing its story or characters. Because as i have said many times, its the gameplay that is the core of a video game.
Hence i dont put much weight on story or character.

DragonMaster2010

I am aware of that.

But lets look at some statistics

Heavenly Sword sold 1.5m
Enslaved sold 700K
DMC 4 sold 2.7m
DmC sold 1.1m
DMC 3 sold 1.3m
DMC 1 sold 2.16m
DMC 2 sold 1.7m

Lets assume 300K of the 700K to 1.5M people who bought Enslaved and Heavenly, went on to buy DmC.
And lets also assume 100K people who bought DmC were not Ninja theory or DMC fans.

So if 400K of the people who bought DmC were not DMC fans, then that leaves 700K who were fans.
And average of all the DMC games sales is 1.965m
Thats alot of DMC fans who didnt buy DMC.

Anyway, if you like DmC story and character, its easier for you or others to ignore its flaws.
I was talking about DmCs gameplay only though, i wasnt adressing its story or characters. Because as i have said many times, its the gameplay that is the core of a video game.
Hence i dont put much weight on story or character.

I said nothing about story. I said I prefere it over the same old 3 games with less then better graphics and nothing new added to the gameplay, because its an HD collection.

ANd unlike a lot of DmC fanbaoys, I actually can see the constant flaws of DmC, but does that stop me from enjoying DmC? no. If flaws stopped me from enjoying a game, I'd stop playing the Devil May Cry series a long time ago.

IncarnatedDemon

I said nothing about story. I said I prefere it over the same old 3 games with less then better graphics and nothing new added to the gameplay, because its an HD collection.

ANd unlike a lot of DmC fanbaoys, I actually can see the constant flaws of DmC, but does that stop me from enjoying DmC? no. If flaws stopped me from enjoying a game, I'd stop playing the Devil May Cry series a long time ago.
I agree with your points. Its points that i adhere to. But arent you fooling me and yourself? We are argumenting for DmCs gameplay, and your using graphics argument.

As for flaws, its not as easy as> This game has flaws and thats it.
The situation is, why pick DmC when it has flaws when there is DMC that is less flawed?
When i played Darksiders i didnt drop the controll when i realized its combat was pretty weak. Probably weaker than DmCs.

But Darksider isnt competiting with DMC by being a reboot of it.
And thats what DmC is.
Therefor the flaws can not be ignored like i do with a new ip. DmCs gameplay is taken straight of DMC.

Anyway if you like to play DmC more, thats fine. I can accept it. But i just replied to your point that you still play it despite its flaws. And i did that by showing to the sales of DmC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

DragonMaster, what are you doing?! You can't say DmC is fun to play! It's taboo! Heresy! Cease or you will suffer the wrath!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Anyway if you like to play DmC more, thats fine. I can accept it.
Well... now that our Lord and Master has accepted it... :ermm:

... Your relatives wouldn't happen to work at Microsoft, would they?

But i just replied to your point that you still play it despite its flaws. And i did that by showing to the sales of DmC.
Ah, the old fallback. Every time someone says something nice about DmC, you feel the need to post its sales.

Yet again.

It went platinum. Deal with it.

And people said it would never sell a million. Now they're saying it will never sell 1.2 million.

What'll happen once it reaches that mark? That it'll never sell more than DMC3? This line of logic is getting really old, really fast.

DragonMaster2010

I agree with your points. Its points that i adhere to. But arent you fooling me and yourself? We are argumenting for DmCs gameplay, and your using graphics argument.

I didn't say ANYTHING about graphics. I said I prefer DmC to a game that's just the same old 3 games WITH prettier graphics. I didn't make graphics the big issue, I meant the gameplay in general.

As for flaws, its not as easy as> This game has flaws and thats it.
The situation is, why pick DmC when it has flaws when there is DMC that is less flawed?

Again, a flaw here and there isn't going to stop me from enjoying the game I want to play. Otherwise I'd quit the DMC series a long time ago.

When i played Darksiders i didnt drop the controll when i realized its combat was pretty weak. Probably weaker than DmCs.

But Darksider isnt competiting with DMC by being a reboot of it.

Oh, so now it's a competition? Why can't I just prefer DmC? Why is it always "DMC vs DmC" with you?
And thats what DmC is.
Therefor the flaws can not be ignored like i do with a new ip. DmCs gameplay is taken straight of DMC.

So is Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, God of War, and a whole lot of other games. That doesn't make it flawed even if it's a reboot and trying to copy DMC, because millions of other hack n' slashers have been doing that for years.

Anyway if you like to play DmC more, thats fine. I can accept it. But i just replied to your point that you still play it despite its flaws. And i did that by showing to the sales of DmC.

If you know this, then why bother share sales with a game someone favors? Sales wouldn't matter in that case as this a game someone loves.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
It's been years since I've played Final Fantasy X, and I still can't get over that man's gravity defying, weird, blue, hair antlers. >_<
Me too. I think it was because he was part human, part tree person thing. XP heavens know how he got around brushing his hair.

And I just remembered two other blue haired characters =D
Persona3.jpg

Minato from Persona 3
rumblenaoto.png

And Naoto from Persona 4. I need to get around to playing that one sometime.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Naoto will now and forever be my waifu.

If anyone else on this forum is thinking the same thing --

DIBS. :mad:

And yes, I will hold a P4G Vita wedding like those desperate DS guys in Japan. I honestly could not give a damn. She's mine. :cool:

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
You remember one of the concept arts for when they were designing Kat had blue hair? The idea of a blue haired character in one of their games must've been going around for a while. Still I hope there's a red haired character, They should keep the redhead tradition going :p along with having Andy Serkis and Richard Ridings on team. It's cool Andy's daughter is taking part.

Top Bottom