• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think that if Capcom made a game just about Vergil, would it sell well?

Nelo The Great

not really given that people might not want to play too much as vergil that is a brainwashed butt monkey of mundus.

no reason to prolong it.
ook then maybe something after 1 and before 4. Maybe after mundus was defeated the spirit of Nelo Angelo somehow absorbed enough of his demon escence to regain some sort of embodiment, and he goes on a journey for full embodiment, and he finds out at the end he lost his embodiment when he lost his humanity, and that no matter how much power he has he will never be whole again.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ook then maybe something after 1 and before 4. Maybe after mundus was defeated the spirit of Nelo Angelo somehow absorbed enough of his demon escence to regain some sort of embodiment, and he goes on a journey for full embodiment, and he finds out at the end he lost his embodiment when he lost his humanity, and that no matter how much power he has he will never be whole again.
that works and he stays in hell to do his thing and support Dante from the shadows.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If they made it in between 3 and 1 then i still see alot of room for creativity. remember in DMC 4 how dante hat the dreadnought DT form? well what if they employed some type of armor system where on vergil's quest for power or whatever, he collects different sets of armor.

So your saying Dante's Dreadnaught form has a connection to Vergil's Nelo Angelo appearance.....I always figured it was Vergil's lvl 2 DT & DMC4 Nero's DT phantom was a close resemblane to Vergil's lvl 3 DT.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Naaah, there's really not much to be told about Vergil, I think. Besides, he doesn't have the personality that fits a protagonist; not quite likeable enough, at least not for everyone.

I'd rather see a DMC game that revolves around Sparda and his rebellion. Think of the awesome Devil Arms there could be, the ones of the foremost demons that had to be defeated :O
The game would be created by Capcom, of course, not Ninja Theory. NT is just... meh.

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
gamers like Dante because of his style, badass, confindent, cocky,...and it's fun to see Dante taunting other demons. Unlike Vergil who is so damn cold. Just my opinion

Nelo The Great

gamers like Dante because of his style, badass, confindent, cocky,...and it's fun to see Dante taunting other demons. Unlike Vergil who is so damn cold. Just my opinion
yeah

Naaah, there's really not much to be told about Vergil, I think. Besides, he doesn't have the personality that fits a protagonist; not quite likeable enough, at least not for everyone.

I'd rather see a DMC game that revolves around Sparda and his rebellion. Think of the awesome Devil Arms there could be, the ones of the foremost demons that had to be defeated :O
The game would be created by Capcom, of course, not Ninja Theory. NT is just... meh.
y facepalmed when i read the first sentance

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
yeah

y facepalmed when i read the first sentance

Really? Y facepalmed, and 'sentance' no less? Now I facepalmed, and with good reason.

And no, Vergil's story was already told in DMC3. The rest you might come up with is bound to be pure fan fiction. I suppose you could think of a way to explain how Vergil got his Devil Trigger, since that was never shown in DMC3, but the thing he strived to achieve was to open the hell gate using the amulets, so everything besides that is unimpressive.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ideally it could work and it could sell but the key moment to pitch this to the fan-base was after DMC3 when the character's popularity went through the roof and people trusted Capcom but after 4 and the anime, the trust is diminished and people would be skeptical of Capcom's attempt at doing it.

NoctisLee

now i actually hate capcom.. my favor capcom character Vergil and Jill now what they do left out in RE6 put a lot of useless character and about Vergil story are incomplete left many unknown even with DMC3 manga,DMC3(games),DMC1 and also his gameplay in dmc3 is half done.. i been waiting his games since dmc3 now capcom give **** with NT
RIP vergil and jill valentine...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
now i actually hate capcom.. my favor capcom character Vergil and Jill now what they do left out in RE6 put a lot of useless character and about Vergil story are incomplete left many unknown even with DMC3 manga,DMC3(games),DMC1 and also his gameplay in dmc3 is half done.. i been waiting his games since dmc3 now capcom give **** with NT
RIP vergil and jill valentine...

I know, right?

They either screw up or change various things, all for the sake of selling a few more game copies. To appeal to the lowest common denominator. RE6 was terrible, but it was long enough, and featured a naked Deborah Harper zombie, of course. XD

They should really go back to their roots, like they said they would with Resident Evil. But I heard Capcom doesn't want to reboot any more games. After that, I heard they wanted to go back to their roots with Resident Evil (rebooting it). WTF? Capcom obviously doesn't know what to do, and they need to get their s*** together.

Top Bottom