• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think that if Capcom made a game just about Vergil, would it sell well?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Vergils should be a side story not his own story because we pretty much know all about him but not like in 3 were it was going through dante's story with Vergil and pretty much no changes. Though the only way i could see a side story is if they find Vergil in hell or something

nephlim god

Vergils should be a side story not his own story because we pretty much know all about him but not like in 3 were it was going through dante's story with Vergil and pretty much no changes. Though the only way i could see a side story is if they find Vergil in hell or something

We barely no anything about vergil. His own game would be awsome and ill gladly pay 50 60 quid for it x)

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
We barely no anything about vergil. His own game would be awsome and ill gladly pay 50 60 quid for it x)
-mother died when he was around 9 or 10
-during the time between he was 10-20 he was training himself
-teamed up with Arkham to raise the Teminigru
-meets up with Dante for the first time since their mothers death (DMC3 manga)
-1yr passes the Teminigru has risen and Dante and Vergil fight
-Vergil is defeated and stays in hell
-Vergil tries to fight Mundas but is defeated thus corrupted and becomes Nelo Angelo
- around 7 to 8 years later Dante arrives to Mallet Island where he confronts Nelo Angelo unaware he is Vergil
-Nelo Angelo is defeated and is either killed/thrown back into hell/ or goes into Nero's DB
please tell me somewhere in that timeline where we can get a full game as Vergil

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
please tell me somewhere in that timeline where we can get a full game as Vergil

1. Pre-Temen-ni-gru Vergil slicing demonic entities left and right for the hell of it.

2. Post-Temen-ni-gru Vergil rushes towards Mundus, but legions of demons stand in his way. After finally reaching him, Mundus gives him either the Griffon treatment(electrocuted to death) or Dante treament(red spears capable of causing him pain) to end his life.

3. A devilish faction from a section of the underworld, has the foolish idea of contesting Mundus' authority and plans to overthrow him. Since Mundus feels so comfortable in his royal chair to move his lazy arse, he will send Nelo Angelo to dispatch them, thus fulfilling his bidding.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
1. Pre-Temen-ni-gru Vergil slicing demonic entities left and right for the hell of it.

2. Post-Temen-ni-gru Vergil rushes towards Mundus, but legions of demons stand in his way. After finally reaching him, Mundus gives him either the Griffon treatment(electrocuted to death) or Dante treament(red spears capable of causing him pain) to end his life.

3. A devilish faction from a section of the underworld, has the foolish idea of contesting Mundus' authority and plans to overthrow him. Since Mundus feels so comfortable in his royal chair to move his lazy arse, he will send Nelo Angelo to dispatch them, thus fulfilling his bidding.
From the manga pre Temenigru wouldn't be much fun in the underworld Vergil immediately fights Mundas thats why he's still weak and wasn't much of a challenge and for the 3rd idea we'd be fighting as a silent protagonist which isn't a bad thing but playing as Nelo Angelo wouldn't be very fun

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Vergil was actually supposed to have been 'dead' from the age of eight, when he was taken by demons. That's why Dante gets this flashback of Vergil and him as kids after he defeats Nero Angelo. The whole DMC series is messed up.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Vergil was actually supposed to have been 'dead' from the age of eight, when he was taken by demons. That's why Dante gets this flashback of Vergil and him as kids after he defeats Nero Angelo. The whole DMC series is messed up.
Well it happens while sequels are made by other than creator of first one.

Game with Vergil as protagonist? I would love it if it was done good! Imagine Vergil with such variety of weapons and abilities like Dante in dmc3, yummy!

nephlim god

Well it happens while sequels are made by other than creator of first one.

Game with Vergil as protagonist? I would love it if it was done good! Imagine Vergil with such variety of weapons and abilities like Dante in dmc3, yummy!

Would be so sweet. Ease somebody make a vergil game

D-Sparda

From the manga pre Temenigru wouldn't be much fun in the underworld Vergil immediately fights Mundas thats why he's still weak and wasn't much of a challenge and for the 3rd idea we'd be fighting as a silent protagonist which isn't a bad thing but playing as Nelo Angelo wouldn't be very fun
I already know that.

I just took advantage of the fact that after the Cambion decided to charge towards the Prince of Darkness, the camera moved up to gaze on Mundus' avatar. At that moment, Vergil's path was out of sight and the cutscene ends. Living space for anything to spawn out of the ground or thin air.

Personally, I am sure there were no enemies to stand in his way. Just a good old one on one between him and Mundus that probably ended in a few seconds.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I already know that.

I just took advantage of the fact that after the Cambion decided to charge towards the Prince of Darkness, the camera moved up to gaze on Mundus' avatar. At that moment, Vergil's path was out of sight and the cutscene ends. Living space for anything to spawn out of the ground or thin air.

Personally, I am sure there were no enemies to stand in his way. Just a good old one on one between him and Mundus that probably ended in a few seconds.
It made me sad :( Vergil knowing he's probably not going to survive this then corrupted by Mundas and wasting the next 7 years of his life as a puppet

D-Sparda

It made me sad :( Vergil knowing he's probably not going to survive this then corrupted by Mundas and wasting the next 7 years of his life as a puppet
At least, he went out as a true warrior. A proud son of Sparda till the end.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
What character alignment would you place Vergil?
More of an Anti Hero he's not particularly a hero or a villain he has a noble intention but does things that would be considered evil like raising a tower used to connect the demon world and the human world while in the process killing lots of civilians, Vergil never really cared about them and neither did Dante really, or "killing" his brother but to be fair Vergil probably knew Dante wouldn't die from being stabbed and thats why he left Rebellion with Dante instead of taking it with him. But in the end Vergil chose for his brother to escape instead of him staying in hell with him.

D-Sparda

More of an Anti Hero he's not particularly a hero or a villain he has a noble intention but does things that would be considered evil like raising a tower used to connect the demon world and the human world while in the process killing lots of civilians, Vergil never really cared about them and neither did Dante really, or "killing" his brother but to be fair Vergil probably knew Dante wouldn't die from being stabbed and thats why he left Rebellion with Dante instead of taking it with him. But in the end Vergil chose for his brother to escape instead of him staying in hell with him.
For now, I am more thinking of the likes of Neutral Evil alignment.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
For now, I am more thinking of the likes of Neutral Evil alignment.
Well Vergil DID care for his brother and all I never thought of Vergil as being evil he just wanted one thing and that was his fathers power and the only way he found to get was the temnigru if Vergil had found a simpler way he probably would have done that. The most efficient way possible

D-Sparda

Well Vergil DID care for his brother and all I never thought of Vergil as being evil he just wanted one thing and that was his fathers power and the only way he found to get was the temnigru if Vergil had found a simpler way he probably would have done that. The most efficient way possible
The problem is not Vergil himself, but more the choice he made to acquire power. The consequences surrounding the rise of Temen-ni-gru caused bloodshed of innocents. I am not saying that the Dark Slayer wanted them to die, but I am sure he knew full well, thanks to Arkham's knowledge, what would happen if he chose this option. In other words, he was amoral about the whole situation.

He is still a cool guy, though.

Top Bottom