• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think that if Capcom made a game just about Vergil, would it sell well?

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
hey, im the guy who wanted to do a anime on vergil's adventures after one and it got shot done for the same reason. i guess something keep a character mysterious is better than the chance of having him ruined. You might not like what answers capcom gives you on his past. For all we know, he went thru an awkward teen phase.

I wouldn't mind knowing his past, I would like to know what made Vergil act the way that he did

DARKsparda12

Definitely the game would sell but there has to be reference on Dante or the game wouldn't be acknowledged that much. however Vergil is the type of character with a personality that can hold a full game as a primary character. furthermore if capcom ever miraculously reads those posts and decide to make a game with Vergil as the main antagonist then they will need to add more gameplay mechanics than the stuff applied in dmc3, innovate a new fresh plot with a background story in relevance to the dmc3 game background of Vergil and hopefully stay loyal to the series and create a great game.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Definitely the game would sell but there has to be reference on Dante or the game wouldn't be acknowledged that much. however Vergil is the type of character with a personality that can hold a full game as a primary character. furthermore if capcom ever miraculously reads those posts and decide to make a game with Vergil as the main antagonist then they will need to add more gameplay mechanics than the stuff applied in dmc3, innovate a new fresh plot with a background story in relevance to the dmc3 game background of Vergil and hopefully stay loyal to the series and create a great game.

You have a great point

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
A Vergil's game would sell well with me.

Since Sparda was mentioned on this thread, I will give my opinion on the matter.
All I request about him is a badass moveset(if possible, do not give him the random kick he displayed in DMC1 intro) and three cutscenes.
1- A cutscene for when he destroys a legion of demons.
2- A cutscene for when he makes an epic speech.(He better have a great voice actor)
3- A cutscene for when he is with Eva and the children.

ZeroLove

He always was chosen to be the antagonist.

And Dante was chosen to be the protagonist, but he was considered the bad guy in Devil May Cry 4 until you find out that he really isn't. Vergil's role could be turned around like that as well. I know I enjoyed playing as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition and I think a game with him as the main character would be cool! ^^
They don't even have to make him a hero. He could still be the evil, manipulative, powerhungry halfdemon he is. I actually miss a game where you get to be the bad guy who doesn't all of a sudden feel the need to do heroic acts.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It will sell good if the story of the game is told from Vergil's side of what has happened in the past and future.

Railazel

I would play a Vergil game under two conditions:
1) Make Yamato a better moveset because the dude has no versatility whatsoever and takes practice just to be able to link combos together.

2) Give the dude some humanity. I mean, the dude's nothing but power- hungry in DMC3 and we don't see some caring in him until DMC1.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think a game about Vergil would sell well just among the fans. (Vergil's Bit@h comes to mind) But normal folks may not like it because Vergil's game play is not as "wild" and fast as Dante's and Nero's is. But who knows I could be wrong.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I would like a game with him as the main character, but only if certain ex-Capcom people handled the production which will probably never happen, and if Vergil himself isn't changed too radically.

ZeroLove

I would like a game with him as the main character, but only if certain ex-Capcom people handled the production which will probably never happen, and if Vergil himself isn't changed too radically.

By ex-Capcom members, do you mean that guy (I can't remember his name :( ) who made the first Devil May Cry and then made Bayonetta along with Platinum Games?

ZeroLove

I've stated before that the perfect team to make the future Devil May Cry games would be Ninja Theory dealing with the storyline part and Platinum Games dealing with the gameplay part and then Capcom should do nothing else than fund the projects. That way we would be able to get an awesome game about Vergil!

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Platinum games and NT collaboration? I wonder how that would go.
All i know is if NT makes a game about Vergil - i will place bombs on myself, go to NT studio in Cambridge and say:
"DO YOU FEEEL LUCKY PUNKs?!!!"

BOOOOOM.

Joking- that describes only my reaction lol.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Platinum games and NT collaboration? I wonder how that would go.
All i know is if NT makes a game about Vergil - i will place bombs on myself, go to NT studio in Cambridge and say:
"DO YOU FEEEL LUCKY PUNKs?!!!"

BOOOOOM.

Joking- that describes only my reaction lol.
Yup same thing for me.hedeaki kamiya would never work with nt cuz they would and have F**ked up his character.but i seem to like it :D

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

why? the ex-Capcom employees who now work at Platinum games only worked on the first game. Vergil wasn't defined as a character until the third. it would be very unlikely both of your conditions would be met.
if Platinum games made a game focusing on Vergil it would probably be about the Vergil Hideki Kamiya would have made if he had continued the series not the Vergil we all know and love.

Top Bottom