• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think that if Capcom made a game just about Vergil, would it sell well?

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
This is my very first post..hope that it's not a stupid one or has already been said.

Anyways, I know that Capcom is never going to make a game just about Vergil. But if they did, do you think that it would be as popular as Devil May Cry 3? To be honest I was hoping that the Special Edition would be more about Vergil. But instead he had an awesome intro and was able to be playable. To me that wasn't enough, but whatever. I mean there was so little known about him. Yeah yeah yeah, your the son of Sparda and you had a twin brother named Dante that's it..oh and was corrupted by the Devil King Mundus thus became Nelo Angelo and becomes his puppet, then Dante killed him in Devil May Cry 1, the end..

I don't know..he was the coolest character ever in any game, my opinion. They shouldn't have just killed him off. I guess that he was just not so important to be kept in the series.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I would love a Vergil (or Sparda) game and I’m sure quite a few people here would too. Dante will always be my favourite but Vergil was defiantly the best dressed twin ^_^ It would be interesting to learn more about him and it would be nice to have different fighting style too.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergil & Sparda's air of mysterious-ness make the fans really eager to get to know about them. Or to play with them. Vergil was half-made compared to Dante since he was the /extra/ character in DMC3:SE, and Sparda doesn't even have his own moves. So it would be awesome for so many reasons:D

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
If they made a game about him during the time he was enslaved, how would it work out? he rarely speaks in Nelo form. We not even sure if he's completely dead.

Asmodaius

To have a game where Vergil is the main protagonist, telling his side of the story...
Yeah, I'd buy it. It would be an interesting change which in the same time would give Capcom the opportunity to give us some more inside info on some loose ends and plot holes, e.g. Nero's origins and such.

Vergillicious

sure why not? vergil deserves his own tidbit of storyline. but dan southworth better be the voice actor behind it.

No **** right

If they made a game about him during the time he was enslaved, how would it work out? he rarely speaks in Nelo form. We not even sure if he's completely dead.

I was going more towards the 3rd's Special edition. That they should have made it focus on Vergil more. And at the end it should have shown the fight between Vergil and Mundus. Then show Vergil getting corrupted and becomes Nelo Angelo. That's how the special edition should have ended.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
On another part, it could continue the story after the fight with Mundus. Maybe Mundus didn't change him in one day. Maybe he beat him, then offered to give him the so called power he always craved. And we could play a whole new game in which in the end Vergil loses himself completely and can't turn the Nelo DT off etc. being positioned as a guard in Mallet Island.

There's a tons of posibilities to go on withXD

The DMC3 manga story would be ok as well.

Vergillicious

On another part, it could continue the story after the fight with Mundus. Maybe Mundus didn't change him in one day. Maybe he beat him, then offered to give him the so called power he always craved. And we could play a whole new game in which in the end Vergil loses himself completely and can't turn the Nelo DT off etc. being positioned as a guard in Mallet Island.

There's a tons of posibilities to go on withXD

The DMC3 manga story would be ok as well.

True, but they are so focused on the new Devil May Cry. And if they do continue the other series it's all going to be on Dante and Nero. I feel for Vergil, so sad :( I feel that he wasn't loved as much as Dante was when they were children. And that's why was so messed up in the head. Haha, sorry I could really go all day talking about Vergil and my thoughts on him. So was his intentions to get the power to enslave the human race and rule over the demon world, that's why he wanted to kill Mundus?

I just think that Vergil's character was very short lived. There was so much that could have been done with him. He was awesome as Vergil..ok as Nelo Angel, but I mean why discard something that people liked so much to begin with.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think in regard of fighting he's the same as Dante. He loves it. So when he saw a worthy opponent, Mundus, he couldn't stop himselfXD

Maybe Vergil will appear in the new DmC as well..

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Having Vergil star in his own game is a fantastic idea, as long he gets to use Yamato and some other new weapons. A spin-off, a prequel, or whatever would work since Vergil only appears in two game so far, and he is only playable in DMC3: SE.

Here are the things I want to be implemented if there is a stand-alone game that features Vergil.

1. Use improved MT Framework engine instead of Unreal Engine 3.
2. Must have great story.
3. Should have intense gameplay.
4. Must have challenging difficulty.
5. Should have awesome graphics like Resident Evil 5.
6. Vergil gets to use a variety of weapons and DT forms like Dante.
7. Reduce backtracking to previous areas. All DMC games suffer this common problem.
8. Hire great voice actors. I don't want the game to be spoiled by sucky voice actors even though it has great gameplay.
9. Should have good motion capture for both action scenes and cutscenes.
10. Should have various types of demons, both creative and unique.
11. Boss fights should be challenging.
12. Long replay value.

Here are the things I don't want to be implemented if there is a stand-alone game that features Vergil.

1. Do not use art and graphics style from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Street Fighter IV. I simply don't like that kind of graphics, even though the gameplay for MVC3 is awesome.
2. Do not replace Vergil's voice actor from DMC3 and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Daniel Southworth is great at voicing Vergil.
3. Do not let Ninja Theory handle this game. Let Capcom's in-house developers handle it. In the worst case scenario that DmC: Devil May Cry fails and flops, I don't want to see Ninja Theory screw up another DMC game.

Vergillicious

Having Vergil star in his own game is a fantastic idea, as long he gets to use Yamato and some other new weapons. A spin-off, a prequel, or whatever would work since Vergil only appears in two game so far, and he is only playable in DMC3: SE.

Here are the things I want to be implemented if there is a stand-alone game that features Vergil.

1. Use improved MT Framework engine instead of Unreal Engine 3.
2. Must have great story.
3. Should have intense gameplay.
4. Must have challenging difficulty.
5. Should have awesome graphics like Resident Evil 5.
6. Vergil gets to use a variety of weapons and DT forms like Dante.
7. Reduce backtracking to previous areas. All DMC games suffer this common problem.
8. Hire great voice actors. I don't want the game to be spoiled by sucky voice actors even though it has great gameplay.
9. Should have good motion capture for both action scenes and cutscenes.
10. Should have various types of demons, both creative and unique.
11. Boss fights should be challenging.
12. Long replay value.

Here are the things I don't want to be implemented if there is a stand-alone game that features Vergil.

1. Do not use art and graphics style from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Street Fighter IV. I simply don't like that kind of graphics, even though the gameplay for MVC3 is awesome.
2. Do not replace Vergil's voice actor from DMC3 and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Daniel Southworth is great at voicing Vergil.
3. Do not let Ninja Theory handle this game. Let Capcom's in-house developers handle it. In the worst case scenario that DmC: Devil May Cry fails and flops, I don't want to see Ninja Theory screw up another DMC game.

I like your thinking!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
it would be cool but risky as vergil thrives on having a air of mystery on him. You might not like what you find.

Vergillicious

it would be cool but risky as vergil thrives on having a air of mystery on him. You might not like what you find.

And why is that?
I think that if they put Vergil in the new game it would ruin how he looked. Would make people hate him, to some maybe more.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
hey, im the guy who wanted to do a anime on vergil's adventures after one and it got shot done for the same reason. i guess something keep a character mysterious is better than the chance of having him ruined. You might not like what answers capcom gives you on his past. For all we know, he went thru an awkward teen phase.

Top Bottom