• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think that if Capcom made a game just about Vergil, would it sell well?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The problem is not Vergil himself, but more the choice he made to acquire power. The consequences surrounding the rise of Temen-ni-gru caused bloodshed of innocents. I am not saying that the Dark Slayer wanted them to die, but I am sure he knew full well, thanks to Arkham's knowledge, what would happen if he chose this option. In other words, he was amoral about the whole situation.

He is still a cool guy, though.
Dante didn't care much either lol xD

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I would say he is lawful evil.
I can see some perspective of Lawful Evil in Vergil.

Do you know any web site that already placed video games characters in alignment that suit them the most and that is viewed as fact? If such web site exists, many debates on this subject in the past could of been ended in a few seconds.

Dante didn't care much either lol xD
True, but a few hostile encounters with Lady set him on the right path.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Pretty sure I already said this, but I don't think making an entire game revolve around Vergil would be a good idea. It wouldn't sell according to expectations, since Vergil isn't nearly as popular as we'd like to think he is. Not protagonist material unless he were reimagined to be more like Dante, but that would defeat the whole point of the game. Like somebody here said, making a game with a Dante story as well as a Vergil story would be a good idea. Kind of like DMC4, sans the backtracking. But please do it in DMC style, not DmC. Such a shame to throw away the original series like this, not to mention offensive to the people who grew up with it. A whole unique personality, thrown away and westernized. But this is not about my gripes with DmC :p

It would be nice to see a DMC game that followed Sparda. I'd say he makes for a very interesting protagonist. The conflict between his demonic side plus relatives and his superiors, and his love for (a) human(s). It's a wonder they never did that story properly, save for the Sparda-like Nero in DMC4. I say lose the gimmicks and create a game that builds on DMC3's strengths. He's Dante and Vergil combined, and it would be interesting to see how things play out in that respect.

Top Bottom