• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your fave anti-hero

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well this is kind of tricky, there are certain criterias wether a character can be considered as anti-hero or not, so i hope i'm doing this right, not really certain myself, like somewhere i read batman is an anti-hero, which i kinda fail to see that..

here's mine btw

1.Vegeta
vegeta_enfadado.jpg

2.Sidney Losstarot of vagrant story
latest

3.Vergil of DMC3, the DmC one can't be considered as anti-hero i think
Demon-in-Blue-vergil-31591697-1440-900.jpg

4. Riddick
Riddick--Gallery-5.jpg

5. Nuada, not really sure about him, but i'm leaning more that he is an anti-hero
large.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
blade
Vegeta
the red hood
The punisher
Green arrow

vigilantes are classed sometimes anti heros so maybe that is why you heard that about batman

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The concept of the "Anti-Hero" is an interesting one. To paraphrase someone much smarter than I...

"Traditionally, in literary analysis, the meaning of antihero was effectively the opposite of the now common usage, lacking the elements that make a hero "cool" rather than the elements that make them "good". Willy Loman, Bilbo Baggins and Peter Parker are examples of the former while The Punisher and Alucard (Hellsing) demonstrate the latter."

My favourite "Traditional" Anti-Hero would be Spider-Man, more so his earlier appearances where this was more prevalent. As for the modern anti-hero, Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam, well when he's working with the heroes anyway.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
vigilantes are classed sometimes anti heros so maybe that is why you heard that about batman

oh, i see, and green arrow being your fave, is he depicted as vigilante too? this is the first time i know green arrow as an anti-hero

The concept of the "Anti-Hero" is an interesting one. To paraphrase someone much smarter than I...

"Traditionally, in literary analysis, the meaning of antihero was effectively the opposite of the now common usage, lacking the elements that make a hero "cool" rather than the elements that make them "good". Willy Loman, Bilbo Baggins and Peter Parker are examples of the former while The Punisher and Alucard (Hellsing) demonstrate the latter."

My favourite "Traditional" Anti-Hero would be Spider-Man, more so his earlier appearances where this was more prevalent. As for the modern anti-hero, Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam, well when he's working with the heroes anyway.

wow, it is interesting, and at the same time it is also a common thing where terms expand or even evolve thru time.. the current understanding of anti-hero would've never crossed someone's mind with bilbo as one..

Meg

This is surprisingly difficult for me. When I first clicked the thread, I figured "oh there must be tons of anti-heroes I like." Well as it turns out, not really. Sooo.......I guess these are my favorites by default.

1. Jessica Jones
10-010008-jessica_jones_trailer_drinking_guide.jpg

I love the Netflix show. I thought, much like Daredevil, it was really interesting to watch and totally sucks you in. I also really enjoyed Jessica's character. I love my morally upstanding Captain America, but sometimes you just need a good "I don't give a f*ck" character like Jessica. Also look at that smug-ass face up there. What a freaking jerk.

2. Ratchet

latest

He counts as an anti-hero in the original game right?

Umm......

Does Lightning count? What about Dante? Yeah I got nothing else. If I think of anymore later, I'll post them.

EDIT:

Deadpool

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This is surprisingly difficult for me. When I first clicked the thread, I figured "oh there must be tons of anti-heroes I like." Well as it turns out, not really. Sooo.......I guess these are my favorites by default.

1. Jessica Jones
10-010008-jessica_jones_trailer_drinking_guide.jpg

I love the Netflix show. I thought, much like Daredevil, it was really interesting to watch and totally sucks you in. I also really enjoyed Jessica's character. I love my morally upstanding Captain America, but sometimes you just need a good "I don't give a f*ck" character like Jessica. Also look at that smug-ass face up there. What a freaking jerk.

2. Ratchet

latest

He counts as an anti-hero in the original game right?

Umm......

Does Lightning count? What about Dante? Yeah I got nothing else. If I think of anymore later, I'll post them.
Jessica Jones was fantastic. Krysten Ritter did great as Jessica and David Tennant just killed it as Kilgrave. Season 2 has already been greenlit too so get hype!

Reactions: Meg

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Propably only mine favourite Anti hero for now would be Vergil, since most of mine liked chars if are not heroes then i have some whose are viliains. So sad that i hard find now ones who would be in type of Anti hero.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hm. I've always perceived anti-heroes as characters who have ambiguous morality, on the line between good and bad, but not necessarily pursuing a heroic goal, or any goal at all, even.

I'm guessing an antihero is pretty much just a hero with a bad attitude, and someone that lacks the kind of behavior expected of a hero. They aren't perfect, or even necessarily good in nature, but they aren't ultimately evil either. Least that's how I view it.

Top Bottom