• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

you guys do realize this is not a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantenevercries

highly misconception that this is a reboot, taking place in a new timeline...

this is part of the original canon.. The original universe, tge original timeline.. the game takes place before DMC 3.. and will basically be about him accepting his demon heritage.. why is hair is black.. well he died it black.. you can see a patch of white hair on his head.. he doesn't want to accept his demon heritage.. thats why he dyes his hair black..........

but anyways this is not a reboot.. it takes place in the same timeline as DMC 1,2,3,4..

so it basically goes... timeline.........

DmC
DMC 3
DMC 1
DMC 4
DMC 2

moseslmpg

No, it is a reboot. Your remedial logic doesn't change any facts about the actual situation.

Nice try presenting your opinion as authoritative and final though. Next time, consider adding a link for at least an appearance of confirmation.

Dantenevercries

moseslmpg;289245 said:
No, it is a reboot. Your remedial logic doesn't change any facts about the actual situation.

Nice try presenting your opinion as authoritative and final though. Next time, consider adding a link for at least an appearance of confirmation.

ok.....

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/DmC

The initial trailer had an overwhelmingly negative reception, primarily for the character Dante's drastic redesign. Apart from alterred clothes, weapons, and a sadistic streak, the new 'Dante' featured in the TGS 2010 trailer had primarily black hair with a tuft of white on top, red eyes, and a leaner, gaunter build as compared to the classic Dante. Concerns were also voiced about this version of Dante apparently having acquired a smoking habit, in contrast to the old Dante who its creator deemed "too cool to smoke". The new 'Dante' in fact looked so different from the previous games that fans are still divided as to whether to consider this the real Dante or just another character who thinks he is Dante. - - In recent interviews with Ninja Theory lead developer Tameem Antoniades and Capcom USA's Alex Jones, it has been stated that the game currently in development would be a 'reboot' or 'retelling' of Dante's original story, implying that this would be settled in a new universe/series, and has no influence on the main Devil May Cry series. - - In another recent interview, Capcom revealed that they knew Dante's new look would be met with negative backlash and that they pressed forward with this in mind; they also explained that DmC is not a "reboot" as it was believed to be, but an origin story taking place before the events of Devil May Cry 3 and that the new Dante is, in fact, the Dante of the original series at a younger age who is just beginning to accept his demonic nature. - - Ninja Theory confirmed the Unreal Engine as a engine of the new game and not the MT Framework of Capcom (used for Devil May Cry 4).

now what is that thing you said about my logic again.. read the bold buddy.. you lose

yet you will deny this information, and claim it as false.. cause you are to stubborn to admit defeat

moseslmpg

Wikis are not valid sources of confirmation. If anything, they merely represent the solidified confusion of the fanbase.

Your second link is hardly authoritative either.

The fact of the matter is that not even NT and Capcom have been consistent with describing the nature of the game. They have said prequel at some times and reboot at other times, indicating that they don't understand the implications and connotations of those terms relative to the actual series. (Alex Jones, the producer, actually believed that DMC1 was first released 12 years ago, when in fact it has only been 9 years, so they aren't on the top of their game in terms of facts).

Logically, it cannot be a prequel because it would severely limit the gameplay due to Dante not having any DT, and because it is in total contradiction to the Dante of the DMC3 manga, which is set one year before DMC3. This would also mean that the new "Dante" would have to be at most 17 years old, which he doesn't look to be at all. Factor in drastically different physiognomy, behavior, setting, and style and the most logical conclusion is that this a reboot origin story.

There is no evidence that it is a prequel aside from the vague hearsay of confused fans and developers. It makes no sense to have an origin story prequel that takes place before the origin story prequel. If you want to push the inane prequel theory, you better present something to back that up.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Seems it's a little tough to be entitled to an opinion nowadays, without being belittled. I'm totally with you on this one Dantenevercries, due to the fact that I still have hope and optimism for all of this.

And I know I'm not confused. So what am I now?

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Dantenevercries;289243 said:

this is part of the original canon.. The original universe, tge original timeline.. the game takes place before DMC 3.. and will basically be about him accepting his demon heritage.. why is hair is black.. well he died it black.. you can see a patch of white hair on his head.. he doesn't want to accept his demon heritage.. thats why he dyes his hair black..........

but anyways this is not a reboot.. it takes place in the same timeline as DMC 1,2,3,4..

DmC
DMC 3
DMC 1
DMC 4
DMC 2

I thought the same too..
And hope that it's not a reboot. But from now on we just have to wait for more news about if it's a reboot or not.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dantenevercries;289246 said:
now what is that thing you said about my logic again.. read the bold buddy.. you lose

yet you will deny this information, and claim it as false.. cause you are to stubborn to admit defeat

There is no losing or defeat when peoples opinions differ and also no need for the snide sarcasm either. Make a point by all means but do so in a mature and adult manner.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dantenevercries;289243 said:

DmC
DMC 3
DMC 1
DMC 4
DMC 2

So... lack of facts. The added wikipedia source is just... no. It's wikipedia. You can't state everything as facts over wikipedia when everything over there is heavily biased

"You guys do realize this is not a reboot."

The hell do you think you are? Taking us for stupid with no facts, waltzing in and saying that many are wrong and point blank stupid? Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion and theory, but don't come in with your lackluster theory saying we are wrong.

That is basically trolling, are you a troll?

Lol... first sentence in the article of your second link:
The reaction to Dante's new look for the Devil May Cry reboot had Capcom asking, "Why so serious?"

Read the bold, underlined, italic part. I'm sorry dude, until you find more confirmation, all you got now just works against your argument.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
aka958;289281 said:
"You guys do realize this is not a reboot."

The hell do you think you are? Taking us for stupid with no facts, waltzing in and saying that many are wrong and point blank stupid? Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion and theory, but don't come in with your lackluster theory saying we are wrong.

That is basically trolling, are you a troll?

seriously. you aren't a coalition against the newer members, no matter how much they may be wrong about what they know. you seem to have a nasty habit of getting rowdy. i'd recommend you scroll up and read moses' posts so you can learn to point out someones mistakes without lashing out at them.

the irony of your post is that you're the one baiting him.
:dry:

Chrysander

Eh. When the game is out it will be obvious that it's a reboot because it will have DT in it, as well as many other changes to character and story which make it impossible for it to be part of the original story. I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong. But of course I could be. Not worth arguing about.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Actually, from research I've been doing on this travesty called "DmC" its not only been confirmed as a origin story, but it will retcon quite a bit from DMC3.

Meg

Esura;289338 said:
Actually, from research I've been doing on this travesty called "DmC" its not only been confirmed as a origin story, but it will retcon quite a bit from DMC3.

Really? :O Could you share some of this please? If you've already posted it in the forums somewhere could you please post the link?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chrysander has it right. This is nothing to argue about as it gets nowhere no matter what anyway. We should just wait, not pout.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;289338 said:

Hey! You are that cool guy! I remember you!

Anyways, like Meg said, but with a more begging voice.

Links please please please? Pretty please with sugar on? :unsure:
I would love to see that, might even get me reconsider actually picking it up when it's price goes downhill a couple of years later.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Meg;289339 said:
Really? :O Could you share some of this please? If you've already posted it in the forums somewhere could you please post the link?

aka958;289350 said:
Hey! You are that cool guy! I remember you!

Anyways, like Meg said, but with a more begging voice.

Links please please please? Pretty please with sugar on? :unsure:
I would love to see that, might even get me reconsider actually picking it up when it's price goes downhill a couple of years later.

http://doesnotcompute.org/devil-may-cry-dmc/

Take it with a grain of salt or not, but so far every article, whether its from GameSpot, IGN, Kotaku, Capcom-Unity, whatever...it all seems to lead to this one fact, it'll be an origin story that will retcon stuff from previous DMC games.

Reboot, origin story...at this point its one in the same and if this does good, will be the point where all other future DMC games' story will follow.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;289355 said:
http://doesnotcompute.org/devil-may-cry-dmc/

Take it with a grain of salt or not, but so far every article, whether its from GameSpot, IGN, Kotaku, Capcom-Unity, whatever...it all seems to lead to this one fact, it'll be an origin story that will retcon stuff from previous DMC games.

Reboot, origin story...at this point its one in the same and if this does good, will be the point where all other future DMC games' story will follow.

I feel so facepalm worthy right now. ._.

I've read that in so many articles already. XD

Meg

So in other words, regardless of terminology, this game is an experiment. Kinda like testing the waters to see what the future of the series will be like. *crosses fingers that it bombs* XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom