• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

you guys do realize this is not a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't care which way it goes. DmC or DMC, so long as the gameplay is still over the top and fun, I'll buy it.

Meg

^Well you can take your wrong opinion and go to Disney World! I am a TRUE fan of DMC I'm not gonna just accept this train wreck DINO and blah blah blah flame flame flame! XDDD

Sorry I had to. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I had a feeling that'd happen. Why is it always YOU!? Troll troll flame flame gargefriggety.

Sorry. I had to get that out of my system.

Meg

Storm Silves;289372 said:
It's that word that I made up way back when in the WAYT thread. I recall you laughing at it then, too. :p

I think I remember that! XD

Anyway, we should probably get back on topic.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Meg;289363 said:
So in other words, regardless of terminology, this game is an experiment. Kinda like testing the waters to see what the future of the series will be like. *crosses fingers that it bombs* XD

Actually, if this bombs....expect no DMC games for awhile...if ever.

Meg

Or they'll just drop the new style and go back to the original games. Maybe. O_O

Esura

Meg;289376 said:
Or they'll just drop the new style and go back to the original games. Maybe. O_O
For them to even attempt another style with DMC means that they dont feel old DMC can stand on its own without some new style or character (Nero).

If it bombs, they wont see DMC as a viable IP and will shelve it, only to come out when they think it is right, *cough* Street Fighter 4 *cough*. Companies only see one thing...profit. Why do you think Valkyria Chronicles 3 isnt on PS3 even though the second one sold well?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Meg;289363 said:
So in other words, regardless of terminology, this game is an experiment. Kinda like testing the waters to see what the future of the series will be like. *crosses fingers that it bombs* XD

*crosses every limb imaginable*
(whispers)...ow

Meg

Esura;289378 said:
For them to even attempt another style with DMC means that they dont feel old DMC can stand on its own without some new style or character (Nero).

If it bombs, they wont see DMC as a viable IP and will shelve it, only to come out when they think it is right, *cough* Street Fighter 4 *cough*. Companies only see one thing...profit. Why do you think Valkyria Chronicles 3 isnt on PS3 even though the second one sold well?

How about we compromise and say Capcom doesn't know what to do with DMC? :lol:

Esura

Meg;289403 said:
How about we compromise and say Capcom doesn't know what to do with DMC? :lol:

Well, its not a compromise...its fact. You speaking the truth. They DONT know what to do with DMC lmao. Why they dont come here and listen to us I dont know.

Then again...that might not be a good idea considering how many hardcore Vergil fanboys be up in here, but I haven't been here in awhile so I don't know if this changed or not lmao. Capcom might make DMC5 based around Vergil...with no Dante in the damn game listening to this community :lol:.

Asmodaius

I love it when people say something as if they actually know it when in fact they don't. XD
Esura, you are cracking me up.

Capcom is pretty tough when it comes to keeping a franchise alive. That you compare DMC with Street Fighter only proves that. SF4 wasn't unsuccesful, they even made Super SF4 later and they keep making downloadable content to it. They are even working on making new characters to an arcade version of SSF4 which might become downloadable content some time in the future. So your point is invalid.

If DMC bombs, as you express it, then I am sure Capcom will find a way to make a comeback with the series. Devil May Cry have been a beloved series for a very long time and the upcoming DmC is an experiment more or less. If it becomes a success, then that's just fantastic. If not, then they will try something else. They did the same with the Megaman series - Megaman Legends 1 and 2 became rather unpopular, and so they went back to the original and the X-series. They even made a new series that became quite popular, the Megaman Zero series for GBA.

As to the main topic - they stated that this would be a reboot. They stated that this will not be directly linked to the original series. However, it will share some elements from the original series. An origin story told in a different way. And I wish them good luck with it. ^^

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Asmodaius;289430 said:
Capcom is pretty tough when it comes to keeping a franchise alive. That you compare DMC with Street Fighter only proves that. SF4 wasn't unsuccessful, they even made Super SF4 later and they keep making downloadable content to it. They are even working on making new characters to an arcade version of SSF4 which might become downloadable content some time in the future. So your point is invalid.

oh yeah, bout it that...isn't it funny how thats the ONLY thing they haven't ruined yet? (only one i know of so far)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Esura;289375 said:
Actually, if this bombs....expect no DMC games for awhile...if ever.

These days if a successful film premise flops in a remake, they just shelve it for a few years till everyone forgets, then come back to cash in again. Expect another Godzilla movie on the anniversary for example, but long enough after the last Hollywood Godzilla movie to have been wiped from our minds.

As long as the rights exist to make DMC games, I'd expect this to happen with any games series as well, even if DmC is a total failure. They wouldn't leave a popular franchise like DMC alone, even after the reception DMC2 got. They'll just go ahead and make another I reckon, bringing back old tried and tested/much-loved elements of the series, if people don't end up liking DmC.:cool:

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Lexy;289506 said:
These days if a successful film premise flops in a remake, they just shelve it for a few years till everyone forgets, then come back to cash in again. Expect another Godzilla movie on the anniversary for example, but long enough after the last Hollywood Godzilla movie to have been wiped from our minds.

i miss Godzilla...

Asmodaius

D.E.Mortal;289436 said:
oh yeah, bout it that...isn't it funny how thats the ONLY thing they haven't ruined yet? (only one i know of so far)

What you state is a subjective point of view entirely. So I can't really answer that, nor do I wish to.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Asmodaius;289512 said:
What you state is a subjective point of view entirely. So I can't really answer that, nor do I wish to.

o_O huh? a favor to all who see this, PLEASE use smaller words (i'm not that smart) :unsure:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
D.E.Mortal;289520 said:
o_O huh? a favor to all who see this, PLEASE use smaller words (i'm not that smart) :unsure:

He's basically saying everything you said is just your opinion, not fact.

aka958

Don't trust people
D.E.Mortal;289520 said:

Smaller words. :lol:
I just couldn't help to notice that you have bigger text size and see the irony even though that is not what you meant. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom