• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

you guys do realize this is not a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Smaller words. XD
Ironic.

But yes, what I meant was that because your question was based on your own personal opinion about Street Fighter, then I couldn't really give you an answer. Or rather, I could, but I didn't really want to answer it, because your question seemed mocking, intentional or not.

... Intentional means if you wanted it to seem mockingly.

... and mocking means as if you were making fun of me by asking such a question.

... Oh, and ironic means that the fact you write in bigger text than I did, and then you ask me to write with smaller words, was kinda a funny coincedence.

Small enough for you? ;)
By the way, this was intentional mocking, but all in good fun. ^^

Asmodaius

It is a re-interpretention of Dante's origin. So far we have no idea if that means it is a reboot or a prequal. All we can do is guess.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
^lol! I'm 100% with ya'! I forgot all about Ninja Theory's version of Devil May Cry, and even though the character design lacks resemblance to the original Dante, I have high hopes for the storyline at least.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Out of all the DMC games I thought they might have done that do 3 would have been the last one on the list. It's like they are pushing away a massive chunk of their remaining fanbase to see if they will come back after. Doesn't seem like a very smart marketing decicion but you have to admire how venturous it is.

I was expecting a DMC3 remake but in a sequel where Vergil comes back to life through some rediculous means and Nero would be quietly brushed aside because he isn't popular enough.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Darth Angelo;290507 said:
Out of all the DMC games I thought they might have done that do 3 would have been the last one on the list. It's like they are pushing away a massive chunk of their remaining fanbase to see if they will come back after. Doesn't seem like a very smart marketing decicion but you have to admire how venturous it is.

I was expecting a DMC3 remake but in a sequel where Vergil comes back to life through some rediculous means and Nero would be quietly brushed aside because he isn't popular enough.
Why do everyone want Vergil back alive? Thats like wanting Liquid Snake to come back to life in a future MGS game (Liquid Ocelot is NOT Liquid Snake). He's cool and all, but its best just keeping him dead and make another cooler character or something. Trust me, Vergil will come back in a sequel, and be lamer than what he was (they will Donte-fy him)...and fanboys will be mad. :lol:

Also, I'm curious on if Vergil going to be in DmC since its a prequel to DMC3.

Asmodaius

MGS SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

No, Ocelot merely changed his psyche, developing some sort of split personality to convince people that Liquid Snake had indeed taken over his body. It was all intentional.

Dominus

Esura;290624 said:
Why do everyone want Vergil back alive? Thats like wanting Liquid Snake to come back to life in a future MGS game (Liquid Ocelot is NOT Liquid Snake). He's cool and all, but its best just keeping him dead and make another cooler character or something. Trust me, Vergil will come back in a sequel, and be lamer than what he was (they will Donte-fy him)...and fanboys will be mad. :lol:

TBH I would like Vergil to be in DmC just to add some continuity to the DmC series. I liked Vergil a lot in DMC3 and not because of his typical 1-D bad guy persona, but the 1 on 1 fighting (which is much more fun than fighting bigger enemies). Just look at God Hand. Having an evil protagonist who is kind of similar, and 1-D made some of the best fights I have ever had in an action game (Ninja Theory take notes on that game).

Vampi

Esura;290624 said:

Just read this thread and you'll get why http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=20287

Darth Angelo

Esura;290624 said:

I agree 100% I have been against the idea from the start I was running the idea down.

UZUDAE

highly misconception that this is a reboot, taking place in a new timeline...

this is part of the original canon.. The original universe, tge original timeline.. the game takes place before DMC 3.. and will basically be about him accepting his demon heritage.. why is hair is black.. well he died it black.. you can see a patch of white hair on his head.. he doesn't want to accept his demon heritage.. thats why he dyes his hair black..........

I've been hearing buzz about this myself? Is this just a rumor or are there any sources to confirm it? Not bashing it, just curious.

Its tough to say what NT is doing, we're got nothing to go on but a 2 minute teaser trailer. What's tricky is that Limbo city is a place that could or could not exist in the DMC universe. The fact that they aren't using the same voice actor for this new Dante poses other questions too- is this a completely different Dante? Or did they just want a younger voice actor for him?

Chrysander

Do people really think that there will be no Devil Trigger in this game? Because if you think it's not a reboot, that is what you're saying.

Dominus

I think it ultimately depends on how capcom feels about the potential of the DMC series. A reboot opens way more options than trying to stick another prequel into a series that already has a prequel, and personally I would like this idea if they staid pretty true to the DMC series, character wise and setting wise. But if Capcom is planning DMC5 a long the road or is unsure of Ninja Theory's ability to provide they might make it a prequel (and possible retcon some stuff)...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Honestly...I need a DMC-effing-5 that starts AFTER DMC2. In a day and age of continuously pumping out sequels after sequels...why wont they make a DMC5 is beyond me man...

Darth Angelo

Devil Hunter John Joko;294667 said:
Hope it is just another prequel and not a reboot

Obviously bear in mind that if it is...no devil trigger...at all. It would be not so much DmC as HmC all the way through and playing as just a human Dante up to mission 7 (?) in DMC3 was not one of it's pros imo.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Esura;291284 said:
Honestly...I need a DMC-effing-5 that starts AFTER DMC2. In a day and age of continuously pumping out sequels after sequels...why wont they make a DMC5 is beyond me man...

It's because the people at Capcom seem to all religiously follow the belief that DMC2 and anything that would be a sequel to it is sacrilegious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom