• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would Old Vergil have killed Lilith?

Would old Vergil kill Lilith?

• hell yeah.

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • No, he's too honorable.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Kamiya being Japanese Michael Bay is so true it physically hurts :lol:

It's kinda sad that it's rather true :/ He says he misses the character (Dante) he hasn't done something with since the first game (for twelve years), and people make it see like he hates DmC's Dante. Then people praise him again for saying Playstation All-Stars is just a rip-off of Smash Bros when the games have many differences, and everything is derivative of something these days. Plus, he "ripped off" the Divine Comedy for the game that pretty much made him famous, sooooo...

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
It's kinda sad that it's rather true :/ He says he misses the character (Dante) he hasn't done something with since the first game (for twelve years), and people make it see like he hates DmC's Dante. Then people praise him again for saying Playstation All-Stars is just a rip-off of Smash Bros when the games have many differences, and everything is derivative of something these days. Plus, he "ripped off" the Divine Comedy for the game that pretty much made him famous, sooooo...

I think DMC1 is his best work, he went completely Michael Bay after that...I can only Imagine how will Bayonetta 2 will turn out for the 7 people buying it for WiiU

Also I love PSASBR, It actually made me even more interested in DMC's world and to whoever says it's just like Smash...lol wat r u smokin? Game's are pretty different aside from genre

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
DMC1 is really his only work, that's the funny thing. Hideaki Itsuno made the majority of them, and DMC3 just had Kamiya as a "Creative Consultant," whatever that actually means :/

Bayonetta is...well, it's certainly over-the-top. I just wish I liked the character more so I could enjoy all the cool stuff :(

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
She's a demon. If she stood in the way of his plans she's as good as dead. But in that situation where they were making a trade for Kat? Hell no. If he truly felt she had little us to him then he'd just do things the harder way and go in charging himself. As a matter of fact he wouldn't even associate himself with Kat to begin with.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Also I love PSASBR, It actually made me even more interested in DMC's world and to whoever says it's just like Smash...lol wat r u smokin? Game's are pretty different aside from genre

I prefer Smash any day of the week. PSAS was really just a glorified commercial.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC1 is really his only work, that's the funny thing. Hideaki Itsuno made the majority of them, and DMC3 just had Kamiya as a "Creative Consultant," whatever that actually means :/

Bayonetta is...well, it's certainly over-the-top. I just wish I liked the character more so I could enjoy all the cool stuff :(

He's just a d0uche and little b!tch as far as I'm concerned. I mean I like some of the stuff he's worked on as well but, he doesn't deserve half of the praise he gets. I don't get where half of it even comes from.

And yea, you can have some hack n slashy fun with Bayonetta but the character is ugly as f#ck and just not really likable. Bayonetta is basically Kamiya's wet dream in video game form.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And yea, you can have some hack n slashy fun with Bayonetta but the character is ugly as f#ck and just not really likable. Bayonetta is basically Kamiya's wet dream in video game form.

I find her Bayonetta 2 design muuuuch more enjoyable, but that's because I really don't like the up-do thing she had going on in the first. I also just hate how every time something cool happened, it was undercut with her doing something "sexy." Over-the-top sexy just does not work like over-the-top cool did with DMC T_T

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It was fun for me. I know what it was, obviously, but it's still fun :p

I was able to have some fun with it too but, after a while my friends and I were still popping in some Smash Bros. Melee instead.

I really don't like how you need to hit specials to win. It's the ONLY way to win. I mean, it just throws a crap load of strategy out the window and it's not like your opponent will suffer any real consequences if he's lucky enough to avoid the special attack (which some characters are undeniably broken with)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I was able to have some fun with it too but, after a while my friends and I were still popping in some Smash Bros. Melee instead.

I really don't like how you need to hit specials to win. It's the ONLY way to win. I mean, it just throws a crap load of strategy out the window and it's not like your opponent will suffer any real consequences if he's lucky enough to avoid the special attack (which some characters are undeniably broken with)

Yeah, I do look forward to the last patch, since it's both balance and the DLC skin for Isaac that I've wanted forever. I do feel there's a fair bit of strategy involved since you need to hit with Supers, so you have to get really creative and time stuff well. But, like Smash, it's really just for fun, and beating the p!ss out of each other :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yeah, I do look forward to the last patch, since it's both balance and the DLC skin for Isaac that I've wanted forever. I do feel there's a fair bit of strategy involved since you need to hit with Supers, so you have to get really creative and time stuff well. But, like Smash, it's really just for fun, and beating the p!ss out of each other :p

Well, I'll just stick to my Smash. I'm actually one of those tournament players who can get super cereal with Smash. It kind of annoys me how people try to knock Smash around acting like it isn't a good fighter with depth. Just makes me know they obviously haven't played with people like us.

Can't wait for the next game because MEGA MEGA MEGAMAN! :w00t:

Fran0823

I prefer Smash any day of the week. PSAS was really just a glorified commercial.

And Smash isn't?

Seriously the same can be said for pretty much any game with mascots in it, yet nobody complained about Lucario replacing Mewtwo just to advertise Pokemon Gen 4, right?

And mechanically, All-Stars has a lot more combo options and strategies than Brawl...now Melee...that´s another story XD

On-Topic: Vergil is a cold-blooded killer, so yes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And Smash isn't?

Seriously the same can be said for pretty much any game with mascots in it, yet nobody complained about Lucario replacing Mewtwo just to advertise Pokemon Gen 4, right?

And mechanically, All-Stars has a lot more combo options and strategies than Brawl...now Melee...that´s another story XD

On-Topic: Vergil is a cold-blooded killer, so yes.

No Smash isn't and I'll explain why. Thing is with Nintendo's characters it's that they have characters that are legitimate gaming icons that are timeless. Legends that will live on through gaming history forever. Seeing all those Nintendo characters come together in Smash is kind of like knowing your favorite bands are like the best of friends. Or like a giant love letter to fans. See what I mean?

All Stars on the other hand is missing a lot of characters that are seriously considered All Stars. Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, and Cloud Strife for example deserve a spot on a Sony All Stars list.

Instead it's filled with a lot of characters that had games that were just about to come out or recently came out and even characters who've only had ONE freaking game and definitely people you wouldn't consider gaming icons. Nathan Drake even. He's only been out for a few years. He doesn't have some masterful legacy built up.

Seriously, Raiden gets a spot and NOT Snake? The face and real star of the Metal Gear franchise. Oh well, MGR was on the horizon so that's why.

Nariko from Heavenly Sword? How is she an All Star? She had ONE game on the CURRENT gen.

Even the new Dante is an example of this because DmC was on the way at the time. Dante has every right to be on the roster but, not his new look even though I'm one of the people who actually doesn't hate it. And who the hell knows the Killzone guy? Even the stages of Bioshock Infinite are clear evidence of just the clear and shamless promotion platform PS All Stars is.

Your best example was Lucario from Pokemon but, Pokemon doesn't have a set character or Pokemon really. Pikachu is still there and the legacy of Pokemon are the Pokemon.

That's the difference.

Fran0823

No Smash isn't and I'll explain why. Thing is with Nintendo's characters it's that they have characters that are legitimate gaming icons that are timeless. Legends that will live on through gaming history forever. Seeing all those Nintendo characters come together in Smash is kind of like knowing your favorite bands are like the best of friends. See what I mean?

All Stars on the other hand is missing a lot of characters that are seriously considered All Stars. Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, and Cloud Strife for example deserve a spot on a Sony All Stars list.

Instead it's filled with a lot of characters that had games that were just about to come out or recently came out and even characters who've only had ONE freaking game and definitely people you wouldn't consider gaming icons. Nathan Drake even. He's only been out for a few years. He doesn't have some masterful legacy built up.

Seriously, Raiden gets a spot and NOT Snake? The face and real star of the Metal Gear franchise. Oh well, MGR was on the horizon so that's why.

Nariko from Heavenly Sword? How is she an All Star? She had ONE game on the CURRENT gen.

Even the new Dante is an example of this because DmC was on the way at the time. Dante has every right to be on the roster but, not his new look even though I'm one of the people who actually doesn't hate it. And who the hell knows the Killzone guy? Even the stages of Bioshock Infinite are clear evidence of just the clear and shamless promotion platform PS All Stars is.

Your best example was Lucario from Pokemon but, Pokemon doesn't have a set character or Pokemon really. Pikachu is still there and the legacy of Pokemon are the Pokemon.

That's the difference.

The real difference is that Nintendo OWNS 98% of their roster and is a popular established franchise, being in Smash is kind of an honor.

AllStars was a completely new project, they pretty much had to bend over to get permission for those characters, characters they didn't own.
Crash is owned by Ubisoft for example, not Sony.
Nariko was in a pretty hyped Launch game with great sales
And Dante was DmC version because of Capcom...
Nothing related to the "They are not AllStars!!" apply if you don´t own them, its no rocket science, 3rd parties decided to use the game as free advertisment because they were a small studio and a new IP, if they could do the same for Smash...you could be sure they'd do it. But Nintendo has money and respect from 3rd parties (Though the WiiU is quickly killing that last one)

Also Nintendo put Roy and Marth in Meele and nobody in America knew who they were at the time, and Lucas too...same thing....Also Captain Falcon man...he's the driver of a car in a racing game with a completely made-up moveset...and nobody complains!!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The real difference is that Nintendo OWNS 98% of their roster and is a popular established franchise

AllStars was a completely new project, they pretty much had to bend over to get permission for those characters.
Crash is owned by Ubisoft for example, not Sony.
Nariko was in a pretty hyped Launch game with great sales
And Dante was DmC version because of Capcom...
Nothing related to the "They are not AllStars!!" apply if you don´t own them, its no rocket science

Also Nintendo put Roy and Marth in Meele and nobody in America knew who they were at the time, and Lucas too...same thing.

Fire Emblem and Earthbound are pretty popular here. And even if it's a rights issue then, how do you explain Raiden and not Snake?

Raiden should have never even been considered. Ever. A villain from MGS should be considered before him. And I'm not just saying this because I hate Raiden.

Fran0823

Fire Emblem and Earthbound are pretty popular here. And even if it's a rights issue then, how do you explain Raiden and not Snake?

Raiden should have never even been considered. Ever. A villain from MGS should be considered before him. And I'm not just saying this because I hate Raiden.

They are, but Fire Emblem wasn't released in America until AFTER Meele was a hit, and people wanted to know more about those guys.
And Lucas is from Mother3 IIRC...and that one has never been localized

And Raiden was not considered, Konami forced them to use him.Just picture it

"Hey can we use Snake?"
"**** no, we want to advertise Raiden! Use him!"
What are you going to say? No? Burn the birdge with Konami for future projects and losing one character for your game instead of adding the one they are offering you?...yeah no.

They did what they could and the game was pretty fun, and even for Dante they showed that they remember the classic, Dante has Vergil's coat as a costume, and most of his unlockables are DMC related.

You're calling the game bad just because5 Guest Characters?

Ether101

Seeker of Pi

Because Kojima either thinks people hate Snake, wants people to hate him or the fact that Snake is all ready in Smash.

Top Bottom