• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would Old Vergil have killed Lilith?

Would old Vergil kill Lilith?

• hell yeah.

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • No, he's too honorable.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
who here would like to see vergil use another projectile besdies summoned swords? not a gun but what about throwing knives?
Wasn't that in DmC? Sorry to bring that up, but still...

Fanfiction territory:

Also, Dante's throwing swords kind of count. It almost makes me think that it was originally Vergil's weapon when he went to hell. When Dante danced around with it, he was probably making fun of Vergil because he knew it was his weapon first.

All that is speculation of course, but in my honest opinion, it would make a lot more sense than to have Dante flamenco dancing for nothing.

Oh you know something?

People talk about how Vergil hates using guns, but...uh...he used the sh!t out of Coyote-A as Gilver in the DMC1 novel :p

EDIT: And now I suddenly realize Vergil giving Dante the Revenant shotgun in DmC maybe be a nod to the DMC1 novel...HA!

Well-played. Also, that's not a bad illustration.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I guess the problem here is that with these bonus materials (comics, mangas, novels, etc) they're letting writers and stuff not associated with the company or the games write them and not paying much attention and add stuff that seems to contradict their works or later works (such as in DMC1 and DMC4 Dante preaching about humanity and the value of humans despite he is shown casually killing them in the DMC1 and DMC2 novels even if he has his reasons). Then materials are applied that either contradict a fact in the series or the actual writers of the series don't pay attention to the material present in these off work materials and they put something that contradicts these works. This problem also applies to DmC.

Not really because DmC isn't part of DMC so it doesn't do anything to the original series. Plus DmC is only one game and two comics so there's not much to louche up.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yep. Women traditionally were expected to be home, have babies and that was it. Even now some women are still expected to give up work when they are married. Surely a woman working would take some earning pressure away from the man considering how much Japanese men hve to work.

It's all about the image, really. If you can support an entire household alone without anyone's help, you're pretty much considered... "set for life", as it were (invincible, awesome, take your pick).

That kind of culture is toxic for men and women if men are killing themselves because they think they are useless.
You have no idea --

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...-unemployed-man-75-percent-of-women-would-not

"This is the rare area, compared to other topics we've done surveys on, where women's old-fashioned beliefs about sex roles seem to apply."

Perhaps I should make a thread based on this article...

That's all down to men having all the jobs for so long, being told they are only useful if they are earning, can only have a wife if they have money. Why can't there be a balance?
I would tell you why, but I may have to PM you about it, seeing as how I may have to go into very personal territory... territory you may not want to hear.

-----------------------------------------

And because thinking about this has temporarily made me lose my sanity --

At first it's annoying, but it kind of grows on you. See if you can listen to all the "songs".

-----------------------------------------

Edit: Thread created.

Last edited:

Kaim Argonar

Old Vergil? Probably not unless she tempted him. He doesn't seem to draw his blade unless it has to do with his plans, or in retaliation. When it comes to Lilith, she probably wouldn't be a threat to Vergil, so he'd probably just shrug her off unless she approached him first.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Not really because DmC isn't part of DMC so it doesn't do anything to the original series. Plus DmC is only one game and two comics so there's not much to louche up.

That is not what I meant but wait doesn't DmC only have 1 comic (Vergil Chronicles)?

Naturally I'm waiting for my copy of the DmC comic but based on what I've heard and seen it is written by a totally different author/writer of the DmC game and due to that have a few inconsistencies as well as explains stuff in the game that weren't explained in the games and characters exhibit different behavioral patterns in the comic than they do in the game even if slightly just like the DMC novels........plus D*ck Spiral Swords.

XdVbEEA.jpg

So its situation is very similar to the DMC situation.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The comic is horribly paced and written, but the concepts themselves hold up well. I think it's just a problem of them having a list of things they needed to cover, and trying to do it within two issues. To properly set every concept up, it would have taken about...maybe five or six.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The comic is horribly paced and written, but the concepts themselves hold up well. I think it's just a problem of them having a list of things they needed to cover, and trying to do it within two issues. To properly set every concept up, it would have taken about...maybe five or six.

Lets not forget horribly drawn.....well it depends on your preference I think the art style and drawings look rather messy and odd compared to plenty of Western comics with a realistic art style.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Not the best beginning, but I'm still glad they tried to focus on Vergil.

DmC begins and ends with him -- in the literal sense because the comic comes before the game, and VD comes after.

Edit: Maybe it was a translation problem, due to the fact that it was originally written in French. Maybe all original French stories have those pacing hiccups, as well.

Domenic93

don't forget the continuity errors

Top Bottom