• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would Old Vergil have killed Lilith?

Would old Vergil kill Lilith?

• hell yeah.

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • No, he's too honorable.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@TXA:

On your 'fighting fair' theory...

If the guy you're up against is outside your weight class (and by a considerable margin, no less), then I'd say that using... whatever you could to turn the tide is entirely acceptable (especially if you don't want to fight and have no choice in the matter).

But that's just my personal philosophy. It shouldn't be taken to heart if you don't agree with it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
@TXA:

About your theory on fighting fair...

If a guy is outside your weight class (and by a considerable margin, no less), then I'd say using... whatever you could to turn the tide is fair game (especially if you don't want to fight and have no choice in the matter).

But that's just my personal philosophy. It shouldn't be taken to heart if you don't agree with it.

I usually think anything is fair game in a real, life or death fight. Jack Sparrow said it best when told he would have been killed if he followed the rules of engagement for a fair fight with "not much incentive for me to fight fair then, is it?"

Of course, I feel just socking a dude for little to no reason to start a fight is total bullsh!t :p Or, in Vergil's case, killing unarmed and unaware people I think is also bullsh!t >.<

Thank you. And you're forgiven.

chowthumbsup.gif

You knew that was comin' :3

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
numbered according to pharagraph:
1. From beginning it was clear he wanted his father's power. During their first fight til the last with Dante. And yes he used Arkham, but that's a evil person, i doubt he would use a human with pure heart and cast this person aside when he is finished with using her/him.
Evil or good don't matter to Vergil. If the person with a pure heart was not useful to him, Vergil would leave them, put them in danger out of neglect or outright kill them.
I don't like Arkham either, but regardless, Vergil attacked him without warning. Arkham thought Vergil was his ally. He did not expect Vergil to stab him.

3. Well they are brothers, twin brothers, and they share the same blood. Plus before Dante awakened his demonic form, he was stabbed (in opening) in chest, arm and legs.
Dante was stabbed during the attack at his shop. But Vergil did not see this. I wager that Vergil sent Arkham to confirm Dante had the amulet, then sent the demons to get it, not caring that Dante might not have his powers and would be injured or dead as a result. All Vergil cared about was the amulet.

4. I find it very odd to fight a demon just to prove your superiority. And why would Vergil care for a single amulet without having the other? The amulet were given to him by his mother, so if he cares about his mother, he could care about a girl that has been kind to him. And like i said, him using a evil person and possibility of using someone with pure heart...sounds very questionable.
[/quote]
But Vergil did fight demons to prove himself worthy of being the son of Sparda. He fought Beowulf to prove himself and because Beowulf bad mouthed Sparda. Vergils also says at the encounter with Mundus that if his father could fight Mundus and win, then he could also do it too. Vergil is all about trying to gain power to be like Sparda and embrace his demonic bloodline.

He cares about the amulets not because of the sentimental value of being a gift from his mother, but because the amulets, once combined, open up the gate to hell where Vergil thinks he will claim Sparda's power. There's no evidence to say he cared about his mother at this point in the game. Even if he did, would caring for a mother also translate to being able to care for some random girl who once showed him kindness? I doubt it. Vergil only cares for people who are useful. If the girl was no longer useful, he would not care for her. If Vergil can hurt, stab and manipulate his own brother, then I doubt he would be caring to humans who do not have the blood of Sparda.

Also, why do you cling to this idea of a girl who helped him, or person with a pure heart? Being a good person or pure would not matter to Vergil. All he cares about is using a person and then discarding them. If he can betray his brother, his own blood, then I hold no hope for Vergil forming any meaningful attachment with a human, pure heart or not.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I know it was, like, 5 pages ago and all but if I see anyone using language which is UNIVERSALLY considered to be racist, warnings will be added and bans will be enforced.

I do not care if you know someone who doesn't mind being called a racial slur. I don't care if you know a whole bunch of people who don't care if you use racist remarks around them. But it is NOT slang here, it is NOT acceptable language and I will NOT be tolerating it.

Chibi, you have two warnings as of right now and I would strongly advise you to think carefully about what you post from now on - all of that was utterly unnecessary and I do not expect to see it ever again.

Carry on, people. Ta.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
without even a second thought..well maybe one second thought that consited of the question can i absorb there demonic power after i kill then vergil has no mercy..for the most part..and will kill whoever he pleases

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
It depends on the context, if it was just to get a upper hand on the fight with Mundus; i don't think so. But if Lilith crossed his path to stop him in any moment, he would not think twice before turning she into a pile of gore. He's too proud and therefore honored to rely on "cheap tricks" (like firearms, he doest not consider them as a weapon worthy of a true warrior). I think he would try to destroy the hell gate in the presence of Mundus itself. And anyway, he got the skills for this.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It depends on the context, if it was just to get a upper hand on the fight with Mundus; i don't think so. But if Lilith crossed his path to stop him in any moment, he would not think twice before turning her in a pile of gore. He's too proud and therefore honored to rely on "cheap tricks" (like firearms, he doest not consider them as a weapon worthy of a true warrior). I think he would try to destroy the hell gate in the presence of Mundus itself. And anyway, he got the skills for this.

sounds about right i dont think hed go out of his way(unless he felt threatend that the baby would usurp him) but if she tried to stop him hed kill her

Top Bottom