• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Why am i so bad a games?
i love to play games, especially FPS, but whenever i go online, its either, i won everyone because they all go AFK, or i get totally owned by the one person sitting at their PC
Any help with how i can get better at FPS/games in general?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Probably the people who are owning you are playing it 5 times at much as you. Well at least that what I try to tell myself when I get owned. I have never been good at FPS games I finally bought Resistance a few weeks ago and have been online twice and made a absolute fool of myself both times.

Try putting 'FPS tips' into google maybe.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
One tip I always followed before going into an online FPS game, start up your own private game and take some time just practicing your aim, taking cover, speed reloading and so on, you'd be amazed at the difference it can make to your game to just get that little bit of practice in before diving in.

The same thing goes to me whenever i play fbs games i only use one way " shoot first think later ". I always finish the games in single player normal difficulty and only die twice but when it comes to multiplayer or online i am the worst. I remember that one time i played with someone he told me that the reason why i get owned a lot is becuse the way i play.

well it all actually depends on which fps you are playing in particular cuz each fps is plyed a bit differently than the other and small details make a big difference between an fpss and another one so which one are you playing?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
im playing unreal tournement 2004 mostly, i do play UT3, ut its 2K4 that i need the help on
But you are right, because in some games you have to reload, whereas UT, you dont =]

well as for unreal the gameplay is really quick so in that game you should develop quick reaction and keep on observing your surroundings and just concentrate in the game as for my favorite weapon its definetly the rocket launcher oh yeah!!
as for me the toughest fps i ever played was counter strike in the beginning i sucked at it but i got better with time(though not good enough to win on others)

Sparda™

I first played Counter-Strike when I was 10.

Damn, I was addicted to It. Played It a couple of weeks ago.:D

Gotta love head shots.;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Vauxchen;128063 said:
Why am i so bad a games?
i love to play games, especially FPS, but whenever i go online, its either, i won everyone because they all go AFK, or i get totally owned by the one person sitting at their PC
Angelo Credo had the same advice as I've got - private match on your own or with someone who will be patient enough to show you the best moves/tactics/positions just to get some familiarity before jumping into multiplayer.

And I can guarantee I am worse than you, so don't feel too bad ;)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I only play TPS games online like Metal Gear Online (I LOVE IT!).
Really, all I can say is trial and error. I used to be major ass on Metal Gear Online, now Im a badass on it!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Angel;128279 said:
And I can guarantee I am worse than you, so don't feel too bad ;)

well i dont totally suck, i have completed single player on 2K4, got nowhere on UT3 sigle player becuase i need a nkew GPU before i can actually see anything lol

Keaton

Premium
Vauxchen;128063 said:
Why am i so bad a games?

When you enter an online game you let in all the people whom may or may not be at your skill level. You may find yourself against people whom can barely find the trigger and others whom play the game 24/7 ^_^

Some people take games waaaay to seriously, ceasing to understand that its a game. Those people will be better because they play it more and take it far to seriosuly also. I have a friend whom plays CounterStrike, at leats he did when we were still in contact, myself and his other friend went over to his place for an evening of films and games and all he did...alll night was sit on the game. Needless to say myself and my other friend were a tad annoyed, but put it down to sheer addiction lol

If you keep playing, keep praticing you'll get there...just like any game ^__^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Familiarise yourself with the weapons and levels first so you know what weapons are best suited for certain situations to give you the advantage. Also learning the levels helps you use flanking techniques and learn where the most popular spots and routes are.

Keaton

Premium
^Mr. D reminded me, appreciate the use of the Sniper Rifle :D

...and remember that ALOT of online players use it too, waiting for you to turn a corner ^__^ its tough to counter, but if you know where someone could hide you where to be careful of :D

Sparda™

Also there are players who use handguns from long distances and they can also head shot you with that!o_O

I'm one of them.o_O

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
how big is your t.v ......... that could make a difference ...... i was playing halo 3 on a 24 in t.v and next day it was a 42in and i suck..... so i dont play it anymore

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
TV? dont be silly, im a real FPS gamer, i use a PC lol, the screen in big enough for me to play, and im used to it now
K-man i use the sniper a fair bit, and when im online, i get alot of kills of their isnt another sniper, but mostly becxause the level is set out like this
+oo+ <-- bad thing i know
the +is the main base which is a tower, and you can get to the top, top middle, or lower middle through teleports. The oo is like that, you run across on the line, but there aer 2 huge gaps down the middle of them.
The map i usually use is face 3/classic
You guys have given me some awesome stuff, but keep it coming still =]

Top Bottom