• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Metal gear Rising can't possibly be DMC5 (Or in place for DmC)

Blacknerd

Your right about me not being a metal gear fan like you, because I never knew much about the MG franchise till I played MGS4 last month. Then I played all the other games and became a huge fan. I often thought people hated Raiden in MGS2 because he was just a pussy then and not a badass like Solid Snake, but I liked Raiden when he showed up in MGS4 and he was even more awesome in MGR. But I have no idea why people think Gray Fox is so awesome, he was crushed by REX almost without a fight.

Im wondering if we watched the same scene because without a fight means he didnt do anything. He did more than enough to help snake but during this time compared to raiden cyborgs werent as prominent. I.e. Red blood ment he was still more human than cyborg raiden in MGS4

Long story short Gray Fox was the first of his kind

At the end of the day he was still a prototype which would explain why he died so easy. Where as again raiden was more than ready. Seeing as how Gray held back an attack from Metal Gear Rex and years later raiden spinning two geckos with his legs.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The problem is that they wanted to create a game that was still stealth-based, but that still allowed you to do all the cool stuff Raiden did in MGS4 - there's no way they could pull that off. That's why they had to downplay the stealth in favor of the cool Cyborg Ninja action that they had initially intended for.

If they had gone the other route, then we would have had another Tenchu game, but one with a "cut anything" mechanic. Which could have conceivably worked, but they wanted the action to be more prominent. I'll take KojiPro's word for it, since they actually had to deal with the endless cycle of not being able to get stuff to all mesh together correctly, which made them make the decisions with Rising that they did.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Im wondering if we watched the same scene because without a fight means he didnt do anything. He did more than enough to help snake but during this time compared to raiden cyborgs werent as prominent. I.e. Red blood ment he was still more human than cyborg raiden in MGS4

At the end of the day he was still a prototype which would explain why he died so easy. Where as again raiden was more than ready. Seeing as how Gray held back an attack from Metal Gear Rex and years later raiden spinning two geckos with his legs.

I'm not too sure Twin Snakes counts as anything canonical...it was a remake with an awesome action director. The original MGS for PSX is the only one ever regarded as part of Metal Gear Solid's timeline...so I don't think that universe acknowledges jumping off missiles and whatnot :C

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
gray-fox.gif

Because nobody headbangs like Gray Fox?

feelings.jpg

Because he is the bringer of the even more hated one?
Gray Fox's headbanging puts the METAL in Metal Gear :cool: .....Ok I won't do that again.

Raiden, I don't care about the fights you have with your stupid girlfriend! UGH! SHUT UP! He was more feminine than Rose and just so much more of a little b!tch.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm not too sure Twin Snakes counts as anything canonical...it was a remake with an awesome action director. The original MGS for PSX is the only one ever regarded as part of Metal Gear Solid's timeline...so I don't think that universe acknowledges jumping off missiles and whatnot :C
Twin Snakes was appreciated but when did Snake get all those crazy super ninja moves?

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Isn't the story the same anyway? Only with new action scenes and that jazz?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Isn't the story the same anyway? Only with new action scenes and that jazz?

It's the same, but it's an embellishment of an already established story. It's like the guy who tells you a story but then makes it sound cooler the second time around. I loved Twin Snakes, but all that extra stuff that happened is never acknowledged by the rest of the universe. Otacon acknowledges Snake taking out an M1 Tank in MGS4, but makes no mention of any of the other cool stuff he did in Twin Snakes, and then whenever MGS1 is mentioned in chronology it's always the PSX version :/

I still see Twin Snakes as the quintessential MGS1 version, but KojiPro certainly doesn't seem to >.<

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014

I never played Twin Snakes, I only played the Original MGS1 and I understand the point with Gray Fox being more human than Cyborg, I still like Raiden more though. However I really wanna play Twin Snakes one day, I tried to play it on an Emulator but I couldn't get the damn thing to work properly.

Blacknerd

I never played Twin Snakes, I only played the Original MGS1 and I understand the point with Gray Fox being more human than Cyborg, I still like Raiden more though. However I really wanna play Twin Snakes one day, I tried to play it on an Emulator but I couldn't get the damn thing to work properly.

Honestly your not missing much its just metal gear 1 HD. So if you played MGS 2 its basically got that control scheme and graphics but everything is the same with a few new cutscenes

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And the insane choreography only someone like Yoji Shimomura can provide :p

EDIT: Got Yoji and Ryuhei Kitamura mixed up for sec, wewps.

Blacknerd

As I said its just metal gear HD. A gift for gamecube users only at the time >: I loved metal gear soild but I really wanted to play it with Metal Gear Soild 2s controlls. However when I did it was waay easier cause of the first person aiming lol

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Your right about me not being a metal gear fan like you, because I never knew much about the MG franchise till I played MGS4 last month. Then I played all the other games and became a huge fan. I often thought people hated Raiden in MGS2 because he was just a pussy then and not a badass like Solid Snake, but I liked Raiden when he showed up in MGS4 and he was even more awesome in MGR. But I have no idea why people think Gray Fox is so awesome, he was crushed by REX almost without a fight.
You started with MGS 4? Why? That is the conclusion to the story and you really have to play the games before it to get what's going on. MGS 3 is legendary and full of awesome.

There is so much more to Frank Jaeger than you what you think. Plus just look at the dude and he is a hell of a lot cooler than Raiden. Raiden is that stupid looking anime and final fantasy looking girly man wearing high heels. Gray Fox had that kickass looking mask and just he's comes off as more intimidating than Raiden will ever be. He made Octacon p!ss himself with good reason. Gray Fox is the true Cyborg Ninja and to me Raiden is like an idiot wearing the Batman cowl. He's not worthy of the title.

Blacknerd

This is what I found on the Metal Gear Wiki for twin snakes
The Twin Snakes features graphical improvements over the original, new cutscenes written and directed by Ryuhei Kitamura, and gameplay functions originally introduced in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. The game also includes a revised translation with re-recorded voice acting using all of the original English voice cast.Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto oversaw development of the game. It was also intended to allow the player to play Metal Gear Solid as it was meant to be played.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
As I said its just metal gear HD. A gift for gamecube users only at the time >: I loved metal gear soild but I really wanted to play it with Metal Gear Soild 2s controlls. However when I did it was waay easier cause of the first person aiming lol

Well, I only brought it up because you referenced Twin Snakes towards Fox putting up a fight against REX, when the original PSX version was a lot less action-packed. TW Grey Fox makes PSX Grey Fox look like a chump >.<

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Gray Fox had that kickass looking mask and just he's comes off as more intimidating than Raiden will ever be. He made Octacon p!ss himself with good reason. Gray Fox is the true Cyborg Ninja and to me Raiden is like an idiot wearing the Batman cowl. He's not worthy of the title.

Oh man, that scene. Otacon is actually scared....

"S-stealth camouflage? Who are you!?
"Where is my friend?"
"Huh? What are you talking about?"

Top Bottom