• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Metal gear Rising can't possibly be DMC5 (Or in place for DmC)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If you ever noticed, each Platinum Games (and Clover) entry takes on the established idea of a particular drama or sub-genre.

- Viewtiful Joe was a take on side-scrollers, aaaaand was awesome
- Okami was a tackle on an adventure game, and it was awesome
- God Hand tackled brawlers, and was awesome
- Infinite Space took on classic Shooters, and was awesome (although very unknown)
- Bayonetta was a take on high-octane action games, and it was awesome
- VANQUISH was a take the Cover/3PS genre, and was awesome
- MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns were a return to brawlers, and were both awesome
- Metal Gear Rising was a take on the more standard, actual "hack 'n' slash" genre, and it's awesome

The drive seen in Platinum is that they'd rather focus on making each individual game as best as it can be, instead of hoping it'll create a franchise or sequels. They also like to jump around, and test their mettle in other genres, which I think is awesome. I'd be interested to see Platinum's take on an RPG...

Just an observation :x

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
MGR is DMC's successor to me because MGR had everything I wanted from DMC that DmC failed to deliver.

Blacknerd

MGR is DMC's successor to me because MGR had everything I wanted from DMC that DmC failed to deliver.

Not to be that guy but just wondering. You wanted quick time events and other button prompts in DMC? Just elaborate a bit on that

AlchemistFromEden

um, since when do dmc games have QTES, an instant kill move that refills your heath that was intentionally put in the game, if you wanna call them similar you could say the stories were both bad in old dmc and MGR but other than that it was nothing like a dmc game, its like calling uncharted similar to zelda because they are both action adventure games that involve dungeons

Blacknerd

um, since when do dmc games have QTES, an instant kill move that refills your heath that was intentionally put in the game, if you wanna call them similar you could say the stories were both bad in old dmc and MGR but other than that it was nothing like a dmc game, its like calling uncharted similar to zelda because they are both action adventure games that involve dungeons

Chill man thats his opinion on it no need to fly off on him

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Not to be that guy but just wondering. You wanted quick time events and other button prompts in DMC? Just elaborate a bit on that

I hate QTEs, but they were kept to a minimum in MGR which I liked, I loathe the QTEs in God of War and RE6, but MGRs QTEs didn't anger me at all. I didn't mind the instant move refill health move cause I hardly every used it.

What made MGR what DMC was supposed to be for me is it had everything that made me a fan of DMC, a cool, fun likable character, fun dialog, fast paced 60fps gameplay, epic & addicting music, good challenges, amazing boss battles and innovation. DmC didn't deliver any of that for me.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I hate QTEs, but they were kept to a minimum in MGR which I liked, I loathe the QTEs in God of War and RE6, but MGRs QTEs didn't anger me at all. I didn't mind the instant move refill health move cause I hardly every used it.

What made MGR what DMC was supposed to be for me is it had everything that made me a fan of DMC, a cool, fun likable character, fun dialog, fast paced 60fps gameplay, epic & addicting music, good challenges, amazing boss battles and innovation. DmC didn't deliver any of that for me.
Speak for yourself. Rising is not a Devil May Cry because it's part of the Metal Gear series unfortunately. Metal Gear is my favorite video game series of all time so I don't expect you to understand why Rising sure as hell shames the Metal Gear legacy and I'm not just talking from my hatred for Raiden that pretty much every Metal Gear fan shares regardless of what you think. The Cyborg Ninja game deserved better than this crap.

Preferably with Gray Fox which is what EVERY FAN REALLY wants but even, hate to say it, Raiden deserved better. Now I'm going to go throw up because I said that. I'll throw Raiden a bone a say that he's a well developed character (every Metal Gear character pretty much is) but he is still not likable and ask any Metal Gear fan the game they would want to see, Gray Fox would win, no contest. P* obviously doesn't get Metal Gear because it doesn't have the charm which made Metal Gear so special. Kojima knows Metal Gear more than anyone and I can see the lack of Kojima's involvement. That's not a good thing at all.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
No they said this long ago that Metal Gear Revengance was a spin off. Just look it up

Irrelevant. It still bears the Metal Gear name and is considered canon to the series.

But i'm a good sport so i went and looked it up and i found this:

"The game is a spin-off that is "not part of the Metal Gear Solid series", although it is considered part of the same universe, and thus canon." Which stands exactly by what i said, it's a Metal Gear game, i didn't say Metal Gear Solid
learn.gif

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Irrelevant. It still bears the Metal Gear name and is considered canon to the series.

But i'm a good sport so i went and looked it up and i found this:

"The game is a spin-off that is "not part of the Metal Gear Solid series", although it is considered part of the same universe, and thus canon." Which stands exactly by what i said, it's a Metal Gear game, i didn't say Metal Gear Solid
learn.gif
It takes place 4 years after MGS 4. That's straight up canon. But it's not even the issue of the story. It's how such a game which totally doesn't seem to capture the Metal Gear charm and is pretty much almost entirely alien. That's not just talking about the genre switch. I expected the Cyborg Ninja game to be amazing and all that was given was something that sure as hell shames the Metal Gear name by not being the original and innovative game every other Metal Gear game is. It's nothing special at all and even though I HATE Raiden, this game should have been better and sure as hell doesn't live up to any standard Metal Gear games are expected to meet.

The fanatical Devil May Cry fans don't get it because they already share a ridiculous love for very shallow games with no substance and lack of originality (Devil May Cry) while even though I love it too, Metal Gear is something I love more and stuff like this is totally not cool at all. I have every right to be upset with Rising.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Is it childish of Me that I still can't get over Raiden having high heels?
I'm totally with you on that. It just looks very awkward and while I know the purpose that doesn't change the fact you have him wearing high heels. If Raiden wasn't already feminine enough. I mean in MGS 2 they totally made fun of how he looked like a girl. I hope the developers don't like Raiden very much either so they went out there way to make another easy shot at Raiden giving him high heels. That's probably not the case though sadly because they pushed for the game Kojima didn't even want to make. HE WAS GOING TO GIVE US THE GRAY FOX GAME! WHY KONAMI?! THE PEOPLE WHO SAID NO ARE STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Top Bottom