• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why all this pessimism about Dmc ??

Dante47

yeah but that's another stupid thing.

They are trying to make the game playable to casual gamers. DMC was never supposed to be easy
This won't make it easy, it just fixes of something that was broken. Broken does not mean hard. A well designed game that is made purposefully hard, is hard.
In fact, NT has stated multiple times that the game might be just as hard or harder than previous games.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
This won't make it easy, it just fixes of something that was broken. Broken does not mean hard. A well designed game that is made purposefully hard, is hard.
In fact, NT has stated multiple times that the game might be just as hard or harder than previous games.
I've not achieved much when it comes to DMC gameplay, but just because DMC 4 layout was hard for me to master does not mean it's broken.

It means more the user is broken.

Dante47

I've not achieved much when it comes to DMC gameplay, but just because DMC 4 layout was hard for me to master does not mean it's broken.

It means more the user is broken.
I didn't say all the controls were broken. I just said it was harder to switch weapons on the fly without messing up a combo. That mechanic, to me, felt broken. It felt incredibly tacked on. The controls, other wise, are great.

TyIquan_DmC

Yeah, switching Dante's weapons in DMC4 sucked. At least with Vergil you could toggle back and forth if you so desire.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
In the older games, you'd have to tap the shoulder buttons and cycle through your weapons. In DmC, you switch between all three weapons by either holding down the shoulder buttons, or not.

So your mad that you have to hold down the button to use the weapon?

AngelMode

Here's my view on the controls:

In DMC4, Dante had three weapons that you HAD to cycle through. In DmC, you have the same amount without the need of cycling, plus you have more than that at your disposal to change with the d-pad whenever you feel like it.

In DMC3, you could only equip one style and two weapons (without the cycling, of course). In DmC, you can change all your weapons whenever, and you can have three of them equipped at once. Also, you have all your styles imbedded into the modes.

And... then there is DMC2 and DMC1... which are obviously worse. Even though I think DMC2 had weapons switching on the fly as well...

So there. It's a harsh reality for those who like to hate on the new set up for DmC, but with the same development team in Capcom giving the orders on this, I can see how DmC's gameplay is actually superior from the rest. Now this doesn't have anything to do with gameplay looking slower or whatever.... I need the game in my hands and feel it to see.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's my view on the controls:

In DMC4, Dante had three weapons that you HAD to cycle through. In DmC, you have the same amount without the need of cycling, plus you have more than that at your disposal to change with the d-pad whenever you feel like it.

But the cycling thing was in DMC3 too.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Only as Vergil. As Dante you were always only one button away from the weapon You wanted since You could only carry 2 to begin with.

AngelMode

But the cycling thing was in DMC3 too.

DMC3 isn't count as cycling because you only had two. So it can be viewed as just switching back and forth between the two... you need more than two things to "cycle" through them.

If you mean Vergil's weapons then you could actually move back and forth with those, allowing you to move to either one of the three instantly without the need to go through another.... but this only works with three weapons.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Only as Vergil. As Dante you were always only one button away from the weapon You wanted since You could only carry 2 to begin with.

DMC3 isn't count as cycling because you only had two. So it can be viewed as just switching back and forth between the two... you need more than two things to "cycle" through them.

If you mean Vergil's weapons then you could actually move back and forth with those, allowing you to move to either one of the three instantly without the need to go through another.... but this only works with three weapons.

Your both right, my mistake. *Face palm*

Top Bottom