• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why all this pessimism about Dmc ??

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

wouldnt go that far. from what i gather the people who dont like DmC have legitimate reasons (even if i completley disagree) for not liking the game that can be discussed respectfully. no those kind of haters exist in youtube comments and places where the uneducated and ignorant thirve.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Le
wouldnt go that far. from what i gather the people who dont like DmC have legitimate reasons (even if i completley disagree) for not liking the game that can be discussed respectfully. no those kind of haters exist in youtube comments and places where the uneducated and ignorant thirve.
legitimate or not, there is a tactful way and place to express disapproval. Like him or not, Eventstatus is doing it right. The ones saying: "I'll skip this, because I don't like the way it looks." Or, "It's not as cool to me. Pass" Or " I hope we get to see a devil may cry 5 one day." Are doing it right.
It's those very vocal ones... "F#ck Ninja theory! They are all fags!! I hope their studio burns down!!! Everyone who likes this game is not a true fan! I hope Tameem dies choking on a copy of this ****ty game!!!!! The new Dante is a faggot!!!" Etc... They are NOT doing it right. Neither are the ones defending this game in such offensive ways.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
As a person who is not fond of the game I will give you my point of view...of why...well im not fond of it....
At first it intrigued me when I say the very first trailer...but then little by little...interview by interview and gameplay by gamplay...it has really been a turn off....first of all the way they handled the interviews at first really was a slap to the fanbase...the I don't care attitude and how AAA title ruin gaming and how Dante is not cool anymore and how what was cool 12 years ago isn't cool now adays ( which is funny cause he is using a punk rock theme which is 40 years old) and the whole listening to fans ruins a game...this was all Tameem's little logic when it came to talking about the game...then came the gameplay....not only is it slow...it is taken from the same mechanics as Heavenly Sword....R2 for one stance...L2 for another stance...the only difference is just adding a jump button....they think all is well by adding jump cancelling but there is way more gameplay mechanics then just jump cancelling...no taunt button...as it has been confirmed the gameplay has been simplified...no more styles...no more move cancels...no more weapon cancels and no more style cancels....

Another issue being that they want this game to be mature...which I believed in the beginning of this fiasco...until they showed more..now they are trying to copy DMC 3...but failed at it...alot of people know this..other's ( like some of the supporters deny this...but at the same time complained about the attitude of DMC 3 and 4 Dante but yet shown something similar to it in this game and they love it...hypocrite much)....then comes the whole thing with them saying how it is going to be original but taking literally ideas from other movies and games...duct taping them together and calling it their own Idea...the whole thing with Dante being half angel and half demon is a turn off to alot of people as well....their is no motive to that...at least in the old DMC's their was a moral to their story...Being half demon and half human...demon being the stronger of the two Dante doesn't give into temptation and his human heart is more powerfull to bring upon justice...instead of easily walking the path of a demon...a heart...something that demons lack....this hybrid between angel and demon would have nothing to do with the humans...also comes another thing...the look isn't a problem anymore but it showed symbolism...Like Dante had white hair...it represents the possession or in anyway contact to a demon...as the red color of every coat he had in all the games represent the symbol of being a hero....his weapons evony and ivory are human made...but it is debatable on how he came upon them...and his sword is also another symbol...it bearing a human skull in one side and a demon skull in another...the sword itself represents Dante...now the New Dante has nothing of this....Tameem is just trying to make him look punk rock and that is it....

In personality of what i have seen the new Dante acts more like douche...unlike DMC Dante is laid back and cocky....

There is more stuff...and I mean way more stuff to going into be alas I don't have the time....but I do leave this note...people get mad at me because I don't like the game...then they blame me of not liking the game how im just a hater and what not....but then again those exact same people that complain about me about not liking everything I see are no better themselves because they themselves like everything shown...every little thing without taking things into context...also because i don't like the game people say that "well how do you know it is going to be a bad game if it hasn't come out yet" same logic...how do people think it is going to be a good game if it hasn't come out yet...the press that say good things about this game...pretty sure they haven't seen the full capabilities of what DMC can dwell into when it comes to game play...in other words im pretty sure that they haven't seen the true style tournament vids on youtube...or know about all of the cancelling that can be done...they just know the mere basic that is why they say its like DMC...you have not played DMC if you don't know everything...the mere basics is just the tip of the iceberg....

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
Ill go ahead and throw in my two cents. I have no problem with all these game play changes because even without the stances and some of these things the combat looks truly amazing. What killed it for most of the old players(At least for me) Was the change to Dante himself. They changed a pizza loving, Sundae eating bad ass to a pretty much "Kid" who smokes(Which Dante did not at all...) And drinks alcohol(Which for the most part Dante didn't as far as we know). Old Dante Is the most bad ass video game character IMO. He was my role model video game character when I was a younger teen. I would say "I want to be Dante" And would pretend to act all cool and smooth. If a kid(Well teen really) had new Dante as his role model I would be worried...He is not stylish(Well...Not the same kind of stylish)...He acts like a punk(At least Old Dante had SOME respect/Manners although not much)...and he does substances(Alcohol/Smoking). I realize its a reboot but the changes overall to his concept were too major IMO. I will still be buying this game hands down and it will be great but old Dante will be missed dearly and I personally will be going back years from now to relive my greatest video game moments.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Ill go ahead and throw in my two cents. I have no problem with all these game play changes because even without the stances and some of these things the combat looks truly amazing. What killed it for most of the old players(At least for me) Was the change to Dante himself. They changed a pizza loving, Sundae eating bad ass to a pretty much "Kid" who smokes(Which Dante did not at all...) And drinks alcohol(Which for the most part Dante didn't as far as we know). Old Dante Is the most bad ass video game character IMO. He was my role model video game character when I was a younger teen. I would say "I want to be Dante" And would pretend to act all cool and smooth. If a kid(Well teen really) had new Dante as his role model I would be worried...He is not stylish(Well...Not the same kind of stylish)...He acts like a punk(At least Old Dante had SOME respect/Manners although not much)...and he does substances(Alcohol/Smoking). I realize its a reboot but the changes overall to his concept were too major IMO. I will still be buying this game hands down and it will be great but old Dante will be missed dearly and I personally will be going back years from now to relive my greatest video game moments.
small correction old dante used to drink, and new dante does not smoke anymore.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
I don't care what most of the people think, for me the most important aspect of a game is it's gameplay! I don't care what the protagonist looks like, give me a solid gameplay then I'm sold!! Fanboys are too much, TOO sensitive, all the time they complain the game being the same and when a developer tries something new "BAM" Fanboys rage storm! How can a developer cross that limit and boundaries to make a game new and fresh when there is so much hate going on? Where is the creativity in the game then? Where is the new ideas? It's their game for **** sake!! Suda51 is the perfect example, look at his games, always new and creative! He doesn't give a flying **** about the haters! He loves making games so he makes it, file closed!

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
I don't care what most of the people think, for me the most important aspect of a game is it's gameplay! I don't care what the protagonist looks like, give me a solid gameplay then I'm sold!! Fanboys are too much, TOO sensitive, all the time they complain the game being the same and when a developer tries something new "BAM" Fanboys rage storm! How can a developer cross that limit and boundaries to make a game new and fresh when there is so much hate going on? Where is the creativity in the game then? Where is the new ideas? It's their game for **** sake!! Suda51 is the perfect example, look at his games, always new and creative! He doesn't give a flying **** about the haters! He loves making games so he makes it, file closed!
No offence but your ridicolous. You have no respect to other people's feelings or thoughts.

Everytime someone dislikes the direction of "DMC" (whatever that is, not sure myself), they tend to get labeled "haters" or "fanboys" orgirls. And if your positive to the direction by 1% your labeled skeptic.

Now the "hating" side that exists within DMC fans exists within DmC supporters as well.

The proof of that is the same old bullshit line that some DmC supporters uses and thinks is a valid argument "Fans want same old crap, and then they complain".
That my friend is called trivliasing DMC fans complaints (including the ones with valid points).

I am a DMC fan, did i like DMC 4? No, i found the gameplay just a copy of DMC 3, and story a random crap from another dimension. I haven't played DMC 2, but it also looks like a copy of DMC 1 with similar crap story as DMC 4.

And if the logic that exists in your mind can't understand that a character represents a game then there is no hope for you. Because that's a major reasons why fans dislike DmC.

No offence but i honestly don't need to listen to someone who hasn't created DMC to tell me that it's main character is no longer cool because of the year he was created. I hope you get the reference.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
No offence but your ridicolous. You have no respect to other people's feelings or thoughts.

Everytime someone dislikes the direction of "DMC" (whatever that is, not sure myself), they tend to get labeled "haters" or "fanboys" orgirls. And if your positive to the direction by 1% your labeled skeptic.

Now the "hating" side that exists within DMC fans exists within DmC supporters as well.

The proof of that is the same old bullshit line that some DmC supporters uses and thinks is a valid argument "Fans want same old crap, and then they complain".
That my friend is called trivliasing DMC fans complaints (including the ones with valid points).

I am a DMC fan, did i like DMC 4? No, i found the gameplay just a copy of DMC 3, and story a random crap from another dimension. I haven't played DMC 2, but it also looks like a copy of DMC 1 with similar crap story as DMC 4.

And if the logic that exists in your mind can't understand that a character represents a game then there is no hope for you. Because that's a major reasons why fans dislike DmC.

No offence but i honestly don't need to listen to someone who hasn't created DMC to tell me that it's main character is no longer cool because of the year he was created. I hope you get the reference.

That is why I called fanboys being too sensitive. You see there are different kind of haters and there is a way of expressing opinions. Positive haters says "well they didn't listened to us, I have enough I won't buy this game" and another one is constantly ranting! I didn't say you can't express your opinions, go ahead! Only the constant rant bugs me

I am not a fan of Capcom or Ninja Theory but they only changed a god damn video game character for christ sake, it's not like they did your(fanboy) girlfriend's complete plastic surgery! I find that completely ridiculous.

Also, DmC is a REBOOT, completely new and different. People say "Oh, they changed badass Dante to emo bitch!" I repeat again, it's a REBOOT! Just the names are same. Did they changed the original Dante? NO! So, there is still hope for the original DMC to make an epic comeback. And I agree that the developer said Dante was uncool and stuff but why hold on to things when the time has already moved on? Some people just need a life!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think that's a point worth paying attention to: this is a REBOOT which usually means they can alter a great deal of things in order to try something new, different and hopefully appealing to not only new people but the existing fanbase, even if it's only in part.

Whenever something is rebooted, some of those who were fans of the original incarnation of whatever it is get annoyed. And that's ok. There are plenty of reboots out there which make me go "nah, that's not such and such and never will be to me" - but for others it's more like, "wow - this looks awesome! I love the new direction/options/design/whatever".

Reboots do not appeal to everyone. They are always going to make a certain number of existing fans very unhappy indeed - it's part and parcel, really. It's how those unhappy fans express themselves that makes a difference in my view - you can either rage all over the shop, cussing out anyone with a different opinion and assuming that unless someone puts "imo" in every other sentence, they are trying to pass off their thoughts as facts which is rarely ever the case. Same applies to supporters - I've always said throughout this rather bizarre debacle that there is plenty of room for both sides, but there is a necessity for some maturity and coherent thought before posting why you like/dislike something.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I honestly think alot of this hate could've been avoided had they ANNOUNCED the changes before showing them back in TGS 2010 , 2 frikkin years ago

The only hint fans got of changes before hand was an interview with Keji Inafune saying he wanted a more western DMC5
Inafune: Devil May Cry 5 to have “western touch” to attract buyers | VG247

Now if before showing the trailer Tameem or someone else (preferrably Itsuno) came out and said,
"Hey guys, we've made major alterations to Dante, but don't worry, by the final product he should be the Dante you all know and love, so just take a deep breath and prepare for the worst."
Then they may have avoided a sh*tload of hate

McdD

That is why I called fanboys being too sensitive. You see there are different kind of haters and there is a way of expressing opinions. Positive haters says "well they didn't listened to us, I have enough I won't buy this game" and another one is constantly ranting! I didn't say you can't express your opinions, go ahead! Only the constant rant bugs me

I am not a fan of Capcom or Ninja Theory but they only changed a god damn video game character for christ sake, it's not like they did your(fanboy) girlfriend's complete plastic surgery! I find that completely ridiculous.

Also, DmC is a REBOOT, completely new and different. People say "Oh, they changed badass Dante to emo bitch!" I repeat again, it's a REBOOT! Just the names are same. Did they changed the original Dante? NO! So, there is still hope for the original DMC to make an epic comeback. And I agree that the developer said Dante was uncool and stuff but why hold on to things when the time has already moved on? Some people just need a life!
DMC will be dead once DmC sells well. We're talking about Capcom. They said "We'll see" about DmC/DMC sequal or plans. It means if we(Capcom) sell well with DmC we will forget DMC.

ReRave

smug jerk
the I don't care attitude and how AAA title ruin gaming and how Dante is not cool anymore and how what was cool 12 years ago isn't cool now adays ( which is funny cause he is using a punk rock theme which is 40 years old)
You're not much outside, are you? Punk is coming back and it's coming back fast.

and the whole listening to fans ruins a game...this was all Tameem's little logic when it came to talking about the game...then came the gameplay....not only is it slow.
There's no other answer to that, than a simple and clean "bogus".
The tempo of the combat is entirely up to the player, which you would know if you had seen the E3-presentations. Judging by your false arguments, you didn't see even one of the gameplay videos since last december.

..it is taken from the same mechanics as Heavenly Sword....R2 for one stance...L2 for another stance.
...as opposed to hit 4 different buttons to lock your gameplay experience on exactly one style with a set range of moves?
I'd much prefer to hold down one button and push another to perform an attack, instead of fumbling around with the insufferable d-pad.

...they think all is well by adding jump cancelling but there is way more gameplay mechanics then just jump cancelling.
... all of which has been shown already. Grapples, Canceling. That's all there was to DMC.

..no taunt button.
Sure as hell not going to miss cosmetics.

..as it has been confirmed the gameplay has been simplified...no more styles.
4 styles have been compressed into 2 stances. That's better for everyone.

..no more move cancels...no more weapon cancels and no more style cancels....
at this point, I am very sure you don't know what you're talking about.

now they are trying to copy DMC 3...but failed at it.
How? Oh, right.... They forgot the rocket-surfing-thingy.

..alot of people know this..other's ( like some of the supporters deny this...but at the same time complained about the attitude of DMC 3 and 4 Dante but yet shown something similar to it in this game and they love it...hypocrite much).
tough talk for someone, who's not capable of pointing out specific gameplay-problems.

...then comes the whole thing with them saying how it is going to be original but taking literally ideas from other movies and games.
ONE movie: They Live
ONE game series: DMC
Name one game that isn't inspired by anything. Go.

.the whole thing with Dante being half angel and half demon is a turn off to alot of people as well....their is no motive to that.
It's called "innovation".

..at least in the old DMC's their was a moral to their story.
You mean other than "superpowered half-demons will save you, no matter the odds"?

the look isn't a problem anymore but it showed symbolism...Like Dante had white hair...it represents the possession or in anyway contact to a demon...as the red color of every coat he had in all the games represent the symbol of being a hero....his weapons evony and ivory are human made...but it is debatable on how he came upon them...and his sword is also another symbol...it bearing a human skull in one side and a demon skull in another...the sword itself represents Dante...now the New Dante has nothing of this....Tameem is just trying to make him look punk rock and that is it....
this whole paragraph is nothing but bogus. DmC has a oppressed society, ruled by their own inner demons that manifest in a parallel dimension and steer humanity towards sin and damnation. There's an underground movement, that is trying to clear the fog and to inform humanity of the peril, but no one is listening and instead they are being hunted as terrorists.
If that isn't criticism against consumeristic and hedonistic societies, I don't get metaphors.

In personality of what i have seen the new Dante acts more like douche...unlike DMC Dante is laid back and cocky....
Yeah right.

people get mad at me because I don't like the game.
Naw, I get mad at you, because you are a lying hypocrite, who hasn't seen a single piece of footage since 2010 and has little to no understanding of either gameplay or design.

blblablablaaaablablablabla the whole rest of your yapping.
The **** are you smoking?

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
DMC will be dead once DmC sells well. We're talking about Capcom. They said "We'll see" about DmC/DMC sequal or plans. It means if we(Capcom) sell well with DmC we will forget DMC.

Isn't that the whole reason why DMC was rebooted, to sell more copies and make more money? If DmC sells well, then it is because the game is exceptionally well and people love it. Otherwise, who wants to waste their hard earned money in utter rubbish crap?

Here's the thing, what the positive haters should do is "Don't BUY the game". Rent it or borrow it from friends but don't buy the game. This way Crapcom will get the message that people are unhappy and they may turn to the original series. Why waste your time and energy ranting when the people who makes the game don't give a **** about it?

Lastly, F**k Crapcom! People can be gained but trust can't, which I have already lost for Crapcom!

McdD

Isn't that the whole reason why DMC was rebooted, to sell more copies and make more money? If DmC sells well, then it is because the game is exceptionally well and people love it. Otherwise, who wants to waste their hard earned money in utter rubbish crap?

Here's the thing, what the positive haters should do is "Don't BUY the game". Rent it or borrow it from friends but don't buy the game. This way Crapcom will get the message that people are unhappy and they may turn to the original series. Why waste your time and energy ranting when the people who makes the game don't give a **** about it?

Lastly, F**k Crapcom for dividing us(fan base) into many fractions. People can be gained but trust can't, which I have already lost for Crapcom!
It was rebooted because off many reasons from what i can think of:
a.Storyline was wrecked up by Capcom.
a2. because Capcom no longer had the personel who created the story of DMC with them (Hideki Kamiya).
b. Inafune (a douchebag) thinks he knows what he's talking about "Japanese marketing doomed".
c. Capcom not satisfied with 2M sales.

Anyhow you said DMC is not dead, but i am afraid it dies as soon as DmC sells over 2.5m.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
It was rebooted because off many reasons from what i can think of:
a.Storyline was wrecked up by Capcom.
a2. because Capcom no longer had the personel who created the story of DMC with them (Hideki Kamiya).
b. Inafune (a douchebag) thinks he knows what he's talking about "Japanese marketing doomed".
c. Capcom not satisfied with 2M sales.

Anyhow you said DMC is not dead, but i am afraid it dies as soon as DmC sells over 2.5m.

No matter what, at the end of the day, all they care is MONEY! Inafune is a major D*ckhead and he is the main guy responsible for all this chaos, he thinks that westernizing a game helps the sales of the game, so if all Japanese game becomes western then where is the originality?

I really hope the original series continues but for now let's look forward to the new DmC game. I will judge the game after I play it myself and if by any chance it turns out to be like Ninja Gaiden 3 then only there is a big major problem!!

Top Bottom