• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why all this pessimism about Dmc ??

Railazel

I've already decided that I'm not going to buy the game. I would watch videos of it, but I'm not going to play through it because I feel, as a DMC veteran, that I'm going pull off S- level combos with hardly any effort and that scares me. The amount of fluency between the moves tells me that it is very easy to connect them into chains and I would rather not play a game like that. Though the story is interesting, so I'm just sticking to videos.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What it really comes down was capcom or nt not being able to convince the fanbase that they know what they are doing or that their way is best for the series in the initial announcement, so trust is lossed and trust is gone.

AngelMode

What it really comes down was capcom or nt not being able to convince the fanbase that they know what they are doing or that their way is best for the series in the initial announcement, so trust is lossed and trust is gone.

Yeah, they sort of kept throwing things at you and expected to dig it in and say "woah! I like that" without second guessing it. Obviously, the DMC fanbase community would be ****ed off. I can sort of see how the machanics of the gameplay are better but as far as the gameplay itself is concerned, I won't know until I play the game. If NT thinks they are doing a good job, they better hurry up and release a demo before the game comes out or else people would still be too skeptics to see how it plays.... because, that's the point, even with all the stuff they have shown, you still have no idea how it plays or if it really feels Devil May Cry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yeah, they sort of kept throwing things at you and expected to dig it in and say "woah! I like that" without second guessing it. Obviously, the DMC fanbase community would be ****ed off. I can sort of see how the machanics of the gameplay are better but as far as the gameplay itself is concerned, I won't know until I play the game. If NT thinks they are doing a good job, they better hurry up and release a demo before the game comes out or else people would still be too skeptics to see how it plays.... because, that's the point, even with all the stuff they have shown, you still have no idea how it plays or if it really feels Devil May Cry.

I think their PR wasnt able to handle it and it became more of a show and tell problem as their actions and words didnt synch up. They wanted you to believe that they knew what they were doing but their actions said otherwise.

chocolatepanda

I've already decided that I'm not going to buy the game. I would watch videos of it, but I'm not going to play through it because I feel, as a DMC veteran, that I'm going pull off S- level combos with hardly any effort and that scares me. The amount of fluency between the moves tells me that it is very easy to connect them into chains and I would rather not play a game like that. Though the story is interesting, so I'm just sticking to videos.

I dont think they have the style ranking system perfected yet since its seems like in most of the gameplay trailers people got an S rank a little to easily so they could still be tweaking it. About how the game plays so far all the enemies shown a fodder enemies like the Pride monster in DMC 3 so it may not be so easy to combo later in the game or higher difficulties. In a recent article they mentioned that the AI may get stronger depending or your style rank so getting as S rank might be easier than usual but keeping it may be quite difficult.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The thing I REALLY dislike about this game though is infact the stance system basically makes this game "Heavenly sword 2"

chocolatepanda

The thing I REALLY dislike about this game though is infact the stance system basically makes this game "Heavenly sword 2"
I've never played the full game of Heavenly Sword but im pretty sure that the stance system in that game isnt what made the game what it was.

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
That's what I'd like to know, too /: But then again, maybe I'm missing something that others are being grouchy about. I sure wonder if it's still about 'emo' Dante replacing the original Dante. Yeah. I think that's probably it...

But keeping in mind about the actual game, the level designs...I absolutely love it! :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh,man...
I'm gone from here a few days and it goes from 3 pages to eight...
I had to do alot of reading and video watching, there was even a musical sequence. I mean, WOW!

Anyway, the more I see of this the more i wonder if my experience with DmC is a bit unique. I'll sleep on what I've read today, gather my thoughts and present my possition later in a (hopefully) organized and civilized manner.

Top Bottom