• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who do you think the central character of the story will be?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Dantenevercries
Nero is probably the main character while the other 2 are co-protagonists.

Think about it like Guardians of the galaxy. Starlord is the Main character but the other 4 have their own arcs etc.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Whoever they slap front & center.
DMC5_KeyArt.jpg

Well, look at that.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Regarding Dante, I do worry about his role in particular. In the past I made joking comparisons of the DMC trio to the three leading characters of Sonic '06. But now I'm genuinely afraid that Dante really will be the Sonic of DMC5 where he's only there because he's the series' icon and his campaign will be the most trivial and least important to the overall plot.

But I'm certainly open to being proved wrong and am cautiously optimistic that all three will get equal focus and interesting roles.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain
So is Nero Silver and V Shadow or the other way around?:cool:
Nero is Shadow, the anti-hero turned hero who is trying to atone for the mistakes of his past organisation, and who turns out to have a surprising connection to the villain of the new game (assuming Vergil is legit in this game no deception).

V is Silver, the mysterious new character who comes out of nowhere with the mechanically weird gameplay style, he's tied more heavily to the plot than the other two since this is his debut game, people don't initially like him thinking he's too edgy but over the next couple of games the creators make him much more likable and people warm up to him.

Stuff like that.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 they could introduce a new lead but thats gonna be an uphill battle.

Probably but imo it's doable if they manage to bring closure to Dante like DMC5 is said to aim to do. At that point I can see Nero taking over and people being more accepting of him.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Probably but imo it's doable if they manage to bring closure to Dante like DMC5 is said to aim to do. At that point I can see Nero taking over and people being more accepting of him.

It'd be nice though if Dante had an offspring of his own someday. Like Vergil brought Nero into this world.

Be nice though to bring out new gen of heroes after Dante.

Go Belmont & Joestar.

Last edited:

GinDan

[QUOTE = "Ronin, post: 671982, membre: 2152"] Ce serait bien si Dante avait un jour une progéniture. Comme Vergil a amené Nero dans ce monde.

Ayez plaisir à faire émerger une nouvelle génération de héros après Dante.

Allez Belmont & Joestar.[/QUOTE]

dante does not need to have children

Last edited by a moderator:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'm assuming it's Nero. Dante will always be my favorite, and I've been saying since I played DMC4 10 years ago, they should make Dante the lead again. But honestly, a Nero lead DMC series is better then no DMC series. I've had 10 years to get use to the idea.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly I'm ok with Dante being a co-protagonist. They've been fumbling around with him post DMC1. They don't know what to do with him as a character and it shows. It's not a good sign when the most interesting he's been is in a prequel.

I don't think Nero is the right choice to replace him as the main focus but him being co-focus works just fine.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought they said about it being something to do with the sons of Sparda saga coming to an end or something. Would make more sense if Dante was the lead if that was the case.

BoBo

If DMC3 Vergil was the protagonist of a Kamiya made dmc2 it could've been a better wrap overall. add to that a third Kamiya made game with both Dante and Vergil being playable and u got urself a neat dmc trilogy. What they release after that - if they must - could explore next gen heroes.

Oh well, no point crying over spilled milk at this point I suppose

Top Bottom