• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where is Dmc heading?

Where do you see DMC heading?

• I want to see Nero killed off

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I want Vergil to be dead

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I want Dante killed off

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I want Vergil to return

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • I want Sparda to return

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I want Sparda to be playable

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • I want to see Vergil as a protagonist

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I want to see Lucia return in a future dmc game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want the heroes to win against Mundus in the final battle

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I want all the characters to have a part in the last game.

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dark Esura;114052 said:
Please get off Vergil's balls dude, lol. There isnt much they can do with him anymore.

Well get off my case then.

There is loads they can do, stop being so ignorant about it all. And try a little optimism, it wouldn't kill you. Stay more on topic as well... Give me reasons as to your choices instead of arguing with everyone :)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
LordOfDarkness;114057 said:
Well get off my case then.

There is loads they can do, stop being so ignorant about it all. And try a little optimism, it wouldn't kill you. Stay more on topic as well... Give me reasons as to your choices instead of arguing with everyone :)

Vergil's sole purpose within the DMC games is to be rivals with Dante. Also, Vergil is a villain as well and there is an unwritten rule about overusing villains in games. stories etc. The only way I see Vergil coming back is if he comes as a spirit to Nero, giving him evil advices.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well that's what you want to see.

I see him returning as a protagonist, nuff said ;)

New DMC Player

LordOfDarkness;114065 said:
Well that's what you want to see.

I see him returning as a protagonist, nuff said ;)

I as well. Where ever Vergil is Im sure he has alot of time to think about his actions against his brother and humanity. I also imagine him being in a not-so-pleasant place. So a change of heart would be possible for a protaganist role. Sort of like a redemption story.

Janny

Dines with dementia
I haven't played DMC1, so I don't know exactly what happened, but they could make one awesome story to describe how Vergil escaped from where he was trapped. I wonder if it's possible for him to escape, I understand he was cursed or possessed or something. *crosses fingers and hopes he'll come back*

But if that fails, well, they can always make a prequel... again...

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
New DMC Player;114096 said:
I as well. Where ever Vergil is Im sure he has alot of time to think about his actions against his brother and humanity. I also imagine him being in a not-so-pleasant place. So a change of heart would be possible for a protaganist role. Sort of like a redemption story.
But...he wouldn't really be Vergil if his persona totally changed. Bad childhood, bad relation to his only brother, controlled by Mundus...and now well I dont know but I don't see Vergil being a happy cookie >_>

New DMC Player

NerosDevil;114100 said:
But...he wouldn't really be Vergil if his persona totally changed. Bad childhood, bad relation to his only brother, controlled by Mundus...and now well I dont know but I don't see Vergil being a happy cookie >_>

He wouldnt be a happy cookie, no way, not after all the trouble he caused his brother and humanity. He character could still be flawed and full of angst trying to redeem himself, to his brother and his father's legacy. This is all my opinion. Thats how I would write Vergil's return allowing him to be a protaganist.

Esura

New DMC Player;114115 said:
He wouldnt be a happy cookie, no way, not after all the trouble he caused his brother and humanity. He character could still be flawed and full of angst trying to redeem himself, to his brother and his father's legacy. This is all my opinion. Thats how I would write Vergil's return allowing him to be a protaganist.

Wow.................I'm like dumbfounded. Imma go get a beer. :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I totally agree with New Dmc Player here :)

I want to see Vergil return as a protagonist. Helping his brother like before :) It'd be a nice little story :)

Esura

LordOfDarkness;114304 said:
I totally agree with New Dmc Player here :)

I want to see Vergil return as a protagonist. Helping his brother like before :) It'd be a nice little story :)

Return as a protagonist helping his little brother? That is so cheesy. Vergil will never help anyone unless it benefits him. When Vergil helped Dante defeat Arkham, he only did it so he can get the amulets. Stop trying to pass off Vergil as some protagonist. Thats like making Sephiroth come back in AC to help Cloud. If Vergil comes back, he should stay an antagonist.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Not true, and we have already discussed that Vergil is more an anti-hero than a real antagonist/villain.

He will be back, he will be mean. But a redemption story would be cool.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dark Esura;114393 said:
Return as a protagonist helping his little brother? That is so cheesy. Vergil will never help anyone unless it benefits him. When Vergil helped Dante defeat Arkham, he only did it so he can get the amulets. Stop trying to pass off Vergil as some protagonist. Thats like making Sephiroth come back in AC to help Cloud. If Vergil comes back, he should stay an antagonist.

Then stop trying to pass him off as a mean asshole ;)

It doesn't sound cheesy at all, it sounds pretty fun... Vergil has done the bad **** now, I think it is time for him to redeem himself :)

Esura

LordOfDarkness;114416 said:
Then stop trying to pass him off as a mean asshole ;)

It doesn't sound cheesy at all, it sounds pretty fun... Vergil has done the bad **** now, I think it is time for him to redeem himself :)

Do anyone knows what antagonist means? They basically oppose the protagonist. Vergil opposes Dante. Making him buddy buddy with Dante is bull****. Also, Vergil is not an anti-hero. Technically, he is a villain. I wish someone would tell me WHY he would be considered an anti-hero? And I dont care if he come back, but just keep him as he is. He is a power hungry, self centered Machivellian. Stop trying to make him some redeeming hero that buddy up with his brother he tried to kill.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No I won't stop okay? Accept that and move on.

EDIT: OK, I can see this is getting a little off topic. So can we please get back on topic? And I apologize for all the arguments.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Vergil doesn't posess any traits of anti-heroism; he was DMC3's antagonist against Dante. His intentions may have been towards helping himself, but ultimatly putting the entire human realm at destruction and an unimaginable power; which is a generic antagonist.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ This topic isn't to discuss what the characters are truly about. We all have our own opinions...

I want to see Sparda return... That's what I want to see.

Esura

LordOfDarkness;114431 said:
^ This topic isn't to discuss what the characters are truly about. We all have our own opinions...

I want to see Sparda return... That's what I want to see.

SPARDA PWNS ALL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom