• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you like to see in DMC 5?

Valcorn

Yeah, he disagrees. But I take his statement as a joke, merging RE and DMC would increase the number of plotholes by 1000x

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Wait... what part about Vergil and Nero, like how Vergil is Nero's father or what?
If I was Vergil and I discovered Nero was my kid then I'd want a refund. >_<

As for DMC, weren't we promised that Mundus would return? In the first game he said he would be back. So I'd want to see him take on Dante in an epic battle.

Or something to do with angels. DMC4 touched on false angels created by The Order, so what if there were real angels.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, he disagrees. But I take his statement as a joke, merging RE and DMC would increase the number of plotholes by 1000x

There s actually a major plothole in the explanation on how a FLOWER is the source of a plague bio-engineered to reanimate dead tissue as a weapon. If you include the idea of demonic influence in the development of the various viruses Umbrella has unleashed, not to mention Las Plagaus, then that actually PATCHES the holes.

But this is a thread about what you'd like to see in DMC5, which I did post, not "logistics of RE's T-Virus".

VergilNeroDante

lol well then, patience, dedication and time and with these I'm sure Capcom would be able to make a reasonable DMC 5 that we will adore! I hope...

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
lol well then, patience, dedication and time and with these I'm sure Capcom would be able to make a reasonable DMC 5 that we will adore! I hope...
You put so much faith in Capcom's capacity for the creation of DMC5 that can suit our desires. Why?

ZeroLove

Blind faith is never a good thing. Especially not in Capcom. I think they did a decent job with Super Street Fighter 4, but the latest Megaman game that was any good was the Megaman Zero series, imo. Resident Evil hasn't been any good since RE3: Nemesis (I didn't like RE4), and they threw the original DMC series into the ground.

Capcom used to be good, but hasn't been for years. Seeking help outside Capcom was a smart move.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Blind faith is never a good thing. Especially not in Capcom. I think they did a decent job with Super Street Fighter 4, but the latest Megaman game that was any good was the Megaman Zero series, imo. Resident Evil hasn't been any good since RE3: Nemesis (I didn't like RE4), and they threw the original DMC series into the ground.

Capcom used to be good, but hasn't been for years. Seeking help outside Capcom was a smart move.
What about Code Veronica or Zero? Talking about Resident evil games, seeing how 3 was a spin off

AgentZero

The Darkness Consumes Me.
Make it easier!

Thats the only thing keeping me away from the game series.

@meg5493

3 was not a spin off. Hence the number 3.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
I suppose in DMC5 Nero will have more of a role in the plot? I liked his story and character in DMC4. For me, I hope 5 has more Nero ass-kicking! lol Oh, not to forget Dante being even more awesome--I suppose. Also, maybe it'll be the last one in the series? Humm... If so, I suppose it'll be reboots if they continue. Only my quires... :)

VergilNeroDante

I suppose in DMC5 Nero will have more of a role in the plot? I liked his story and character in DMC4. For me, I hope 5 has more Nero ass-kicking! lol Oh, not to forget Dante being even more awesome--I suppose. Also, maybe it'll be the last one in the series? Humm... If so, I suppose it'll be reboots if they continue. Only my quires... :)

Though the idea wouldn't be a bad one I think if they are to make a final game to the original, they need to at least bring back Nero, Dante, vergil and Mundus for one final showdown. I think then they could provide the story and explain the plotholes in the game.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Nope, I didn't like those.
tumblr_ly4u74Lye31qii6tmo1_250.gif
thats surprising

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ON topic. Something I thought might be interesting is to have DMC5 branch out to explore that nine to ten years between DMC3 and DMC1, when Dante is building up the shop and establishing his new reputation as "the handy man who takes on any dirty job." Explore of what he was doing in that time, maybe even thropw in a bit of a DMC/ResEvil mix since it's be a great way to pay homage to the series' origins, and since let's face it, you can fit the two game worlds in the same universe. I could easily see Wesker having known young post-Eva Dante when he was called Tony.

I think this idea would work better as a anime than DMC5 because I feel you would have more time to develop the idea as an on-going anime than a game. Plus Dante trying to figure out how to figure out how to be a hero like his father in a world radically changed by Yemen-ni gru would be a compelling story.

It'd be better than we got for an anime, that's for sure.

On your RE/DMC mix, I think it's an interesting idea but would be better if you just made it an AU and re-interpret RE characters and concepts for the world of DMC rather than just merging RE into DMC.

On topic, I would say it would be best if DMC5 moves forward and connects DMC2 to the rest of the series and shows what happened in between those periods. Jumping willy-nilly all over the timeline shows you have no direction.

I would say Dante is the main lead with Nero and vergil and the other characters make appearances. We owe it to the big cheese himself to give him a chance to be a compelling character and whether this is his standing ovation or his curtain call, it would be a show worth remembering.

The reason why Nero isn't the main lead or given his own spinoff is because he is a controversial character who is largely unloved so we have to turn him around and make people want to play as him before we even think about a spinoff.

It'd be comparable to Raiden in mgs4 which you have to give respect to kojima because most creators would have swept raiden under the rug because of msg2's controversary but he didn't and he came back swinging.

Top Bottom