• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you like to see in DMC 5?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
As far as I know, Vergil's soul is wandering the demon realm, trying to get back to the human realm. Then again he's power hungry for demonic power, so maybe he'd want to come back for power.

Also Mundus doesnt kill Vergil, he is sealed away after Dante defeated him so yea where does your point stand that he was killed by Mundus?

Vergil wasn't sealed. His soul was imprisoned by Mundus.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
VDN; Departed means DEAD, no longer alive, Considering that yamato was recovered by the Order within a year sfrom his defeat on Mallet Island, the specific wording of the recap and the fact fragments of his SOUL was being used tio create teh Demon forms of the Order's Knights...Vergil is dead. a lot of the staff on DMC4 even noted that the writers don't like his character, as did Kobayashi, which is a relatively known fact. It's why they wrote him so one dimensionally in DMC3; they find nothing they like about him.

VergilNeroDante

As far as I know, Vergil's soul is wandering the demon realm, trying to get back to the human realm. Then again he's power hungry for demonic power, so maybe he'd want to come back for power.

Vergil wasn't sealed. His soul was imprisoned by Mundus.

Well imprisoned, sorry. Again that doesnt mean he is gone for good though so i would like to see a contuinuation with him in it!!!!

VergilNeroDante

VDN; Departed means DEAD, no longer alive, Considering that yamato was recovered by the Order within a year sfrom his defeat on Mallet Island, the specific wording of the recap and the fact fragments of his SOUL was being used tio create teh Demon forms of the Order's Knights...Vergil is dead. a lot of the staff on DMC4 even noted that the writers don't lkike his character, as did Kobayashi, wish is a relatively known fact. It's why they wrote him some one dimensionally in DMC3; they find nothing they like about him.

Then why make him and then have a huge fanbase surounding him. To me its ****ed up throwing someone away whenever you feel he isnt worth some of the spotlight. I had one hell of a great time playing as him and him being so one deminsional i dont give a damn if he was. He was still fun to play as. Crapcom really are stupid and screwed up everything. No wonder they gave the next title to NT. Losing one of their great series just gave them one plane ticket into failure. I can see them failing and going down as a company soon and in the next few years i can definitely see them not being there anymore. The next installment wont break enough money to help them continue it, because of all the backlash.

ZeroLove

Trish.
trish-dmc4.jpg

And it would be awesome if she was playable, having her own weapons, moves and story-playthrough. It was cool in DMC2, but it was a crappy game and she didn't have her own story, just playing through either Dante's or Lucia's.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Then why make him and then have a huge fanbase surounding him. To me its ****** up throwing someone away whenever you feel he isnt worth some of the spotlight. I had one hell of a great time playing as him and him being so one deminsional i dont give a damn if he was. He was still fun to play as. Crapcom really are stupid and screwed up everything. No wonder they gave the next title to NT. Losing one of their great series just gave them one plane ticket into failure. I can see them failing and going down as a company soon and in the next few years i can definitely see them not being there anymore. The next installment wont break enough money to help them continue it, because of all the backlash.

Capcom didn't expect Vergil to have a fanbase when they actually featured him more in DMC3; they wrote him as a perceived one-dimensional character because that's what they story called for. He was intended just to be the villian, not this break out character that gets a massive following. Kamiya never thought much on him in DMC1, since the character never went much beyong being background info, and Kobayashi has expressed that he doesn't like the character.

And bashing on their decision to outsource to a third party is being childish. Capcom realized that they were alienating they're primary market and the original fanbase of the series, so they decide dto get a more western spin on it to try and revitalize the series. They RECOGNIZED that DMC4's style turned a lot of players off..you're saying they're stupid for trying to learn from the mistakes they made?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Capcom didn't expect Vergil to have a fanbase when they actually featured him more in DMC3; they wrote him as a perceived one-dimensional character because that's what they story called for. He was intended just to be the villian, not this break out character that gets a massive following. Kamiya never thought much on him in DMC1, since the character never went much beyong being background info, and Kobayashi has expressed that he doesn't like the character.

Wait. Seriously? They didn't expect a handsome, white haired, nice blue coat wearing, katana wielding evil man who is Dante's older brother, to have a large fanbase?

Anyone could see that.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Vergil was older by probably minutes, but he's still older.

And yeah, a lot of the DMC writers and directors have expressed they don't think much of Vergil as a character, they treat him just as a device of plot. What honestly probably contributed most to his popularity was the fact that the actor, Dan Southworth, was so good in his performance, there was more found there than the designers intended. Then again, considering Vergil was pretty much a copy of the character Dan played on Power Rangers, who was one of the most popular characters of that season...

VergilNeroDante

And bashing on their decision to outsource to a third party is being childish. Capcom realized that they were alienating they're primary market and the original fanbase of the series, so they decide dto get a more western spin on it to try and revitalize the series. They RECOGNIZED that DMC4's style turned a lot of players off..you're saying they're stupid for trying to learn from the mistakes they made?

So regardless you call it childish if someone bashes on something that sparks your flame? Real mature dude, try using more useful words than the same repetitive word again and again. Revitalizing the series wouldnt have been hard if they actually had decent people doing the writing, they just half-assed their work to make profit. If it was me creating a game i would at least give a reason for the characters being there than rather throwing them in there a part of the plot and not make much use of them. Learning from their mistakes, well......... DMC 2 happened, they learned but then DMC 3 hit and was amazing, mistakes were covered, not much wrong there but DMC 4 they just got lazy and didnt care, how is that learning from their mistakes, if they westernize it? Its not, more like a rehashed version of the original than something "new". Seems very repetitive and boring.

Being childish, well your the one talking using an avatar that looks like a child, along with your signature, what real design. Something from the SIMS is you ask me.

Also i would like a link stating all of this is fact instead form hearing it from someone. Id rather read the facts.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
So regardless you call it childish if someone bashes on something that sparks your flame? Real mature dude, try using more useful words than the same repetitive word again and again. Revitalizing the series wouldnt have been hard if they actually had decent people doing the writing, they just half-assed their work to make profit. If it was me creating a game i would at least give a reason for the characters being there than rather throwing them in there a part of the plot and not make much use of them. Learning from their mistakes, well......... DMC 2 happened, they learned but then DMC 3 hit and was amazing, mistakes were covered, not much wrong there but DMC 4 they just got lazy and didnt care, how is that learning from their mistakes, if they westernize it? Its not, more like a rehashed version of the original than something "new". Seems very repetitive and boring.

Being childish, well your the one talking using an avatar that looks like a child, along with your signature, what real design. Something from the SIMS is you ask me.

Also i would like a link stating all of this is fact instead form hearing it from someone. Id rather read the facts.

Wow, you completely did not actually read what I said, did you? You've been closed minded and biased against DmC in every thread I've seen with no quarter at all given to anyone who is giving it a chance to make or break itself and ignoring that Capcom made the choice to go to NT and gave them the directive to distance this game from the style of the first 4.

BTW, no, not Sims, I made my sig and avatar using my personal avatar from IMVU, which took a lot of work and time to get the outfits built and assembled in the chat viewer, and to arrange their positions for my sig. I could almost take your last post directed at me as an attack, since I never called you childish, merely teh attitude of bashing a game that has yet to even be released for reasons of "capcom outsourced", but you're not exactly beahving in a mature manner, now are you?

ZeroLove

So, how about we go back to the main topic of the thread so you guys don't need to get reported for starting a flamewar, hm?

VergilNeroDante

Wow, you completely did not actually read what I said, did you? You've been closed minded and biased against DmC in every thread I've seen with no quarter at all given to anyone who is giving it a chance to make or break itself and ignoring that Capcom made the choice to go to NT and gave them the directive to distance this game from the style of the first 4.

BTW, no, not Sims, I made my sig and avatar using my personal avatar from IMVU, which took a lot of work and time to get the outfits built and assembled in the chat viewer, and to arrange their positions for my sig. I could almost take your last post directed at me as an attack, since I never called you childish, merely teh attitude of bashing a game that has yet to even be released for reasons of "capcom outsourced", but you're not exactly beahving in a mature manner, now are you?

Even so i dont care if im acting all childish, report me all you want it doesnt matter this site nothing more than fanbased stuff and nothing offical so im not offended by your remarks nor your words. Again i dont care what you think or say, i can judge all i want in regards to this reboot thats coming out. You can assume that this is a better game than the last 4 but in the long run nothing changed about the series. Rehashing the characters and story into something that wont really bring new people in except the old, seeing how this is a improvement. So its alright if i get kicked, banned or anything of the sort because a very select few on here only like to add fuel to the fire, and not bothering about ignoring and moving on.

VergilNeroDante

So anyways, they need to bring back everyone for on final showdown in the last game of the series, covering all plotholes and backgrounds. Just bring everyone back up to date, and fill everybody in as far as the questions go! :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would like the game to show the "supposed" traumatic events that lead Dante to be so quiet in 2 and to be a engaging storyline that actually took risks as a story and had conviction in the story its trying to tell.

If DmC is Batman begins, than DMC5 and 6 is gonna have to be "the dark knight" and "the dark knight rises".

IF we are gonna make a DMC5, we gotta make it unique and able to stand apart from the reboot, darksiders, NG, bayonetta, mGR, etc etc. It cant be DMC4.25.

GO BIG OR GO BROKE.

A subplot of that game has to deal with nero's origins. I dont care what it is, just pick one, stick with it and make it make sense.

VergilNeroDante

No need to keep going on & on & even triple posting instead of ignoring & moving on yourself & instead continuing pointless arguments & bumping thread....

Well i apologized to those about my actions, i made a separate thread regardling that, thats why I posted on say to end the thread but I guess that would be pointless, ideas for the next installment are still available on here so feel free to.

Valcorn

Sigh, Vergil is dead, play DMC4. All that remained of him were Yamato and his armor. Also the novel is canon, I don't understand why people say otherwise, it was written by DMC3&4 scenarist/story writer and it's under Capcom's license. If they didn't want him to write it, then they wouldn't have agreed.

Top Bottom