• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you like to see in DMC 5?

Valcorn

If it ever were to be made, no Dante this time.... I'm serious, it shouldn't be only about him and Sparda.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I would like a game about Sparda. I'm probably one of the few advocating for this, but I really want to see why he became legendary. Maybe even tell of a point of his life where he was the bad guy prior to him making the switch.

Then again, I want to see Dante as a villian. Be the bad guy for once, stretch his abilities and see what he's capable of. Or have a doppleganger run amok and cause a little trouble (thinks of Resident Evil 6) uh...meh.

I would like them to emphasize Vergil's story a bit more. What happened between the time of him when he stepped off the cliff. I guess a story/game between 3 and 1? They could get really creative with that.

Can I get a remake of DMC 2? That game has hidden potential and they could really just really WOW with it instead of what they got now. And I like Lucia. Or maybe explain how he grew so silent prior to the game. Something must've happened for him to just close off personality-wise, maybe go even darker

A Nero story could be interesting when he'a a bit older, see him transition from that closed society he lived in to the world on the outside. See if he changed any or what his new perspectives has garnered him.

Nekodark

I just want a coherent story..is that to much to ask for?, not another game where you get into it and wonder how it fits in with the others games which does not fit in with the others games story..I mean my head hurts from it all a good story is what I really want when DMC5 comes out, I can care less for flashy fights and such because yes those things are fun and good but I am a story nut and I cannot count DMC story as good just confusing as heck to fit them together and how the heck Dante is the same person in each game when each Dante is so different from the other and no way to see how that came to be..

VergilNeroDante

Oh no, i'm not saying give some stupid cheesy way to have Dante die. I'm saying i'd like to see an epic last battle if Dante was going to die.
Yea i'd like to see Nero take over too, but they should build him up more.
DevilMayCry 5 could be a Nero origins to fill out his character history.
DevilMayCry 6 go back to Dante & ending his involvement with DevilMayCry & filling in all the holes in the process.

What about Vergil? We havent heard anything if he actually died so i would like to see his return you know?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It was made pretty unclear what happened to Vergil after DMC one. I had thought he was dead, but then in DMC4 they show Yamato and then something about Agnus using parts of 'The Dark Angel' to make his experiments. So if The Dark Angel is Vergil, then he's around somewhere.

I did think at first Vergil was Nero's devil trigger, but it mentions in the DMC4 novel that it is Nero's 'soul' or essence. So Vergil still has to be around somewhere.

VergilNeroDante

It was made pretty unclear what happened to Vergil after DMC one. I had thought he was dead, but then in DMC4 they show Yamato and then something about Agnus using parts of 'The Dark Angel' to make his experiments. So if The Dark Angel is Vergil, then he's around somewhere.

I did think at first Vergil was Nero's devil trigger, but it mentions in the DMC4 novel that it is Nero's 'soul' or essence. So Vergil still has to be around somewhere.
But the novels arent canon to the actual story but in the novels it states Vergil came to Fortuna so if they were to ever mention that they were canon (highly doubt it) then they would have been able to easily state whether he is alive or not. I feel he is though. The original had so much potenial and crapcom screwed everything up trying to look stylish. They should have focused so much on the story and gameplay at the same time. Two different groups work on both parts and then combine them. Why was Crapcom so stupid?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Wasn't sure about the novel being canon or not, thanks for clearing that up. So even though Vergil might not have visited Fortuna, there is a chance he is still around.

VergilNeroDante

I really hope that since capcom and NT are working together maybe capcom can learn alittle bit on how to make an interesting story for the next DMC title. Things that need to be explained are these i think:

1. Vergil and Dante's past more - not alot was told about their past and how they go to where they are unless you find something thats off the net but it probably wont be canon or something.

2. Nero's Origins - Everyone knows Nero was never really explained in DMC 4 and I think they should explain his background along with how he is related to the Sparda family.

3. Weapons - Rebellion and Yamato and others werent explained except for certain things they could do, how did Vergil know to stab himself in order to awaken his demon form? So much info behind the weapons could be explained, since Yamato can open and close the gates and whatnot what can Rebellion really do?

4. Characters and their reasons - the characters in the game need to be more explained on why they are there and not just there for show.

5. Plot - this i think would help evolve the series if capcom could come up with a coherant story that explains everything that was left out, of course it would take careful timing and patiences on the story and the game would be freaking huge but it would make sense. So much was left out and we need to know what has happened within those timeframes.

6. Concepts - the design of the characters are fine, though others say differently but overall make the character interesting and not something thrown in to look cool, have a reason to why they look like that (example: Vergil took the look of his father) but also the design of the levels is what can make a player interested as well, the atmosphere of DMC 3 is what got me playing it alot, DMC 4 not so much so maybe if they bring back that Resident Evil level deisgn feel i think it would be awesome, blood everywhere, sharp objects and other amazing things.

What do you guys think on that?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
AH Yes lol.
See that would be how i'd put together DevilMayCry 6.
DevilMayCry 5 would be Nero's back story leading into DevilMayCry 4.
DevilMayCry 6 would be Vergil's return leading into DevilMayCry 7, the coming of Sparda.

All this while Dante's dead?

Wow. He's gonna miss one hell of a party then.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Vergil is dead, it was clarified during the recap on DMC4's install and various bits from Capcom that he was killed by Mundus and his soul entrapped in the armor of the Nero Angelo. He's dead, not "escaped" or "imprisoned", dead. He's not coming back in the classic universe

VergilNeroDante

Vergil is dead, it was clarified during the recap on DMC4's install and various bits from Capcom that he was killed by Mundus and his soul entrapped in the armor of the Nero Angelo. He's dead, not "escaped" or "imprisoned", dead. He's not coming back in the classic universe

Give me a link providing this info then.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Go look at the recap display for DMC4 that even details Nero Angelo as the soul of Dante's DEPARTED Brother. Right on the game.

VergilNeroDante

Also Mundus doesnt kill Vergil, he is sealed away after Dante defeated him so yea where does your point stand that he was killed by Mundus?

Top Bottom