• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you like to see in DMC 5?

VergilNeroDante

Its a thought that everyone has been around and i have a few suggestions on the matter if it does happen, which i hope it does.

First off, explain alot of stuff that was left out in the previous entries, this would tie up loose ends regarding mysteries of the original series.
Bring back Vergil and explain his events during the end of DMC 3 through all the way to DMC 2
Nero's background has been in discussion and it needs addressed on his current orgins.
Explain alot about Dante's past, along with Vergil's and Nero, maybe even Sparda's and Eva's no?
Focus on story and gameplay, thereas there would be a insane amount complaining about it not having a story.
Use some fan based ideas, trust me it would benefit in many ways.

What you guys think?

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
A kick ass story to follow DMC4. Nero to do more stuff, and know his past etc. Dante to be even more badass. Simple. ^_^

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This guy^_^
5c057fdff7ba5908cac43bfc0da1a8d3_content_large.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I agree with sorting out the plot mysteries, and I want more Vergil, but as for Nero, I'd want him to have his own spinoff games because in DMC 4 he took too much game time away from Dante. That way Nero could be fully fleshed out as a character instead of his character only being about saving his love interest, and having a vague connection to Sparda.

I'd also like the character of Dante to be more consistent. I can understand DMC 3 Dante's change because he was younger, but the change from 1 to 4 was like watching an older looking DMC 3 Dante, and it left me wondering what happened between games 1 and 4 that he went backwards in personality.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So clearing plot mysteries and more context is a given, I would like this story to have a sense of weight that the others didn't and be more than just a monster of the week style game that the others were.

Dante felt superflous in 4 and for him to be a compelling character, he has to feel like he has to be there rather than just being tacked on.

No random time jumps. For no just move forward from 4 and bridge the gap between 4 and two. Save the past for spinoffs like anime's or comics. Since the reboot is covering Dante's youth, the present seems like a good way to separate the two.

Nero is a character who suffers from similar problem that Raiden has so i would look at Kojima turned around Raiden in 4 and go from there. I would avoid giving him a spinoff right away since not a lot of people like him or think he is even necessary for the franchise. So a small role here and there would be appropriate.

JustDave

It'll be pretty sick if they bring back some old bosses like nightmare haha. loved fighting that huge blob of nothing

DragonMaster2010

For a real DMC5, I want Dante to not be extremely powerful like the past games. I want this Dante to have a hard time with some of the bosses and the final boss. I want him to say his one liners, but realize that won't cut it anymore as he needs to take things seriously then he has before. To realize that these demons are killers and they're killing humans all around the world. And only he can defeat them.

Let's party? I don't think so.

VergilNeroDante

For a real DMC5, I want Dante to not be extremely powerful like the past games. I want this Dante to have a hard time with some of the bosses and the final boss. I want him to say his one liners, but realize that won't cut it anymore as he needs to take things seriously then he has before. To realize that these demons are killers and they're killing humans all around the world. And only he can defeat them.

Let's party? I don't think so.

The idea would be start to freshen up the series because Dante was too overpowered in the games but like this time around he acts all tough but then get pwned in the ground, and close to dying but because of almost and apparent death either his DT kicks in and he barely survives or have Nero and Vergil drop in, or just one. From there they realize this isnt a game and that things are alittle different this time around. A little struggle would make sense and probably have flash backs of his past that drives him to be victorous you know? Like at a certain battle he has a flash back regarding back to his childhood of his mother and Vergil, his mother dying and Vergil getting stabbed and then disappearing. Just something that drove these characters to be alittle more serious, kind of like whenever Nero went after Kyrie after being kidnapped

DragonMaster2010

The idea would be start to freshen up the series because Dante was too overpowered in the games but like this time around he acts all tough but then get pwned in the ground, and close to dying but because of almost and apparent death either his DT kicks in and he barely survives or have Nero and Vergil drop in, or just one. From there they realize this isnt a game and that things are alittle different this time around. A little struggle would make sense and probably have flash backs of his past that drives him to be victorous you know? Like at a certain battle he has a flash back regarding back to his childhood of his mother and Vergil, his mother dying and Vergil getting stabbed and then disappearing. Just something that drove these characters to be alittle more serious, kind of like whenever Nero went after Kyrie after being kidnapped

Maybe if he witness the down sides of his past, from Trish seeming dead in his arms to him having to see his brother die again. From there it could stern from Dante being held somewhere temperarily while he watches innocent people get slaughtered for hours and hours. Vergil comes in to save him and take him back to the Devil May Cry shop, and there Dante is in a state of confusion. He questions how he could let himself believe that just because he was the son of Sparda, doesn't mean he was allowed to slack off and treat everything like a game.

Just something to get him to understand that life isn't always a game. Also to add to that, Dante is at risk of getting his office foreclosed due to his tabs running out. So he has to do this job and take it seriously or he really will lose his office.

So he fights, loses possibly Lady, and kills the final boss, but at the risk of losing Lady, and him realizing that just because she was human, doesn't mean she would last that long against demons, thus him taking it as his duty to be more serious with demon hunting and thus his seriousness in DMC2.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
obviously i want some of the plotholes to be cleared up.

But the one thing I would like to see is a story leading up to how Dante became the way he was in DMC2.

I know people like to simplify it by simply saying (A different team was in charge so a different Dante was made) but I don't want it to be so simple, I want to see a story that is so epic and traumatic to Dante that it changed him into the more serious and quit Dante we saw in DMC2.

DragonMaster2010

So it's unanimous: We all want to see how Dante became Dante for DMC2.

My only con with that is if Capcom can write it well without making more plot holes if they ever decided to make a DMC5.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I want a closure to his story and how he become the way he was in DMC 2 too. To be honest it would be better if he would die in the end.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Continuing the anime style where the hero doesn't always walk away the victor.

I don't think I could stand Dante being killed off unless it was done well and after a really hard, dramatic battle. And, it's not just anime where the hero loses, or is left in a bad situation.

Anyway, if Dante has to die, then I guess Nero would be the new lead character. If that happened I would want Nero to get a decent backstory and a character that goes beyond saving Kyrie. So long as they can make Nero as an interesting character, I'd be happy to see him lead the DMC brand after Dante.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Even if it is certain that DMC5 will not be made, it's still nice to speculate about what could have been. :)

Valcorn

Even if it is certain that DMC5 will not be made, it's still nice to speculate about what could have been. :)
True, sorry for that. I just don't want people to feel butthurt or even "betrayed/lied to" a few years later ^_ Some folks around here really do believe it's gonna happen, ignoring the obvious that Capcom lost interest in the original series, and rather than abandoning it/cancelling, they decided to give it one more chance and started anew.

VergilNeroDante

True, sorry for that. I just don't want people to feel butthurt or even "betrayed/lied to" a few years later ^_ Some folks around here really do believe it's gonna happen, ignoring the obvious that Capcom lost interest in the original series, and rather than abandoning it/cancelling, they decided to give it one more chance and started anew.

They never stated that they were actually finished with the original so there is still hope.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For DMC5 to be this dark story that leads into DMC2, the villain of the piece would have to be someone could stick around for a couple of games to establish his legitimacy as a threat.

For Dante to have become so grim and determined in 2, he would have too suffered a deep loss and have the inability to turn it around by killing the bad guy.

For this to be a tragic affair, there has to be no silver lining and that is best achieved with the bad guy being able to gett away after Dante suffered a great loss.

Top Bottom