• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What should NOT be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Say what you do not want in the next installment of Devil May Cry.

For me it would be:

Nero,
Lucia,
Any of the DMC2 or DMC3 enemies (sorry but they are too cartoony IMO)
Too many of Dante's cocky moments
The auto lock-on from DMC2

(On a similar note it should not be too easy).

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Not having Nero in DMC5 will cock the storyline up. And I can't think of anything I don't want apart from anything DMC2 had.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero should definitely be in Devil May Cry 5... I wanna see what he has to come.

Lucia = NO WAY!!! I hate her more than Nero :lol:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
NerosDevil;120792 said:
Not having Nero in DMC5 will cock the storyline up. And I can't think of anything I don't want apart from anything DMC2 had.

We don't even know anything about it. It's place in the chronology of DMC or anything else. So, if you don't mind my asking, how can you have such confidence it will screw up the story?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The Phantarch;120795 said:
We don't even know anything about it. It's place in the chronology of DMC or anything else. So, if you don't mind my asking, how can you have such confidence it will screw up the story?

The chronological order of DMC5 will likely take place after DMC4; it would be an idiotic move made by Capcom to introduce a possible bloodlink of Sparda; then trail off into fairyland, forgetting he exsisted. DMC4 is the most sold title thus far within the series; it's hard not to ignore Nero is here. I'm not saying this because I like Nero, it's common sense.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I understand... I have grown to like him more, as of late. Coming to terms with the fact that he is here to stay, and also the fact that it would be foolish to not have him in 5.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
NerosDevil;120799 said:
The chronological order of DMC5 will likely take place after DMC4; it would be an idiotic move made by Capcom to introduce a possible bloodlink of Sparda; then trail off into fairyland, forgetting he exsisted. DMC4 is the most sold title thus far within the series; it's hard not to ignore Nero is here. I'm not saying this because I like Nero, it's common sense.

The DMC timeline is unpredictable. Thus far it goes 3-1-4-2 so DMC5 could fit in anywhere. Also DMC3 has still sold more than DMC4. Maybe Nero will still fit in but it would have nothing to do with the story if Dante was the only playable character. That you can't deny.
What else you can't deny is that A LOT of people prefer Dante to Nero.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The Phantarch;120809 said:
The DMC timeline is unpredictable. Thus far it goes 3-1-4-2 so DMC5 could fit in anywhere. Also DMC3 has still sold more than DMC4. Maybe Nero will still fit in but it would have nothing to do with the story if Dante was the only playable character. That you can't deny.
What else you can't deny is that A LOT of people prefer Dante to Nero.

Well; lets think of it this way:
DMC5 wouldn't fit between any of the released DMC installments, since events between them were explained/self-explanitory and doesn't require a major story between them, apart from between 4-2; pushing the plot forward instead of trying to ignore Nero's exsistantance. Nero could be incorportated into a story, however the Devil Bringer has too much potential along with a character we know little of.
DMC4 has garnered newer fans; and a fanbase around Nero; it's hard to kick him out the door like Lucia.
And no; DMC4 was the fastest selling yet and most units sold with 2 million copies in the first month, then reaching 2.4 million. DMC3 didn't reach that record with 1,300,000 million years after.
And, you don't need to speak for me either; that I automatically deny anything, when I take many points into consideration. I like Dante more; and not a retard having played DMC1 since its first release in 2001; especially during the flamming periods on DMC boards that Dante is more popular. Neither do I want DMC drying up like a prune, simular to Tomb Raider.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
What should not be in DMC5.

1.Lucia.
2.Any DMC2 and DMC3 enemies,except DMC3 bosses and The Despair Embodied in DMC2.
3.Bad lock on system.
4.Bad storyline like DMC4 and DMC2.

As for the Phantarch,I agree that the timeline of DMC games are unpredictable and bizarre.I get confused easily when I am playing these games.haha.

DMC3>DMC1>DMC4>DMC2

As for the NerosDevil,I agree that DMC4 sold more than other DMC games,but that doesn't mean that DMC4 is better than DMC3 and DMC1.

The part you said that the events between the current DMC games are explained is kinda contradictory.How do you explain things such as:

1.Why is Vergil's Yamato broken?
2.What really happened to Vergil?
3.What happened to Dante before DMC2?
4.What really happened to Sparda?
5.Why Dante suddenly gets young in DMC2?
6.How did Nero have the blood of Sparda?
7.Where did Nero gets the Devil Bringer?

The first five are the big mysteries of DMC games.The last two could be explained in DMC5,but not prominently I hope.I want Dante be the real star in DMC5,not Nero or Vergil.

If DMC5 does not explain any of these mysteries,then it is a waste.About the popularity of Dante and Nero,I believe that Dante is much more popular than Nero,and even Vergil.

Rep+ to both of you and LordofDarkness.^_^.

P.S - The last one thing I want is for this whole DMC5 forum to be banned and locked because of any flaming.So don't push it,people.:)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The Nero addition could depend on the "new" fans, perhaps? If Capcom are releasing the game on the XBO 360 again then those new to DMC might not be familiar with the whole timeline thing - they may not know a thing about Dante, Vergil, Sparda etc and it is likely they have been left with questions concerning mainly Nero and Dante from the end of DMC4. To go off on a seeming tangent about Vergil or someone else they are unfamiliar with (even if the veteran DMC fans know what's going on) could be a massive turn off.

Capcom would be a tad foolish, IMO, to go to all the trouble of creating a cross-platform crowd puller like Nero to just drop him entirely in the next game - unless they offer some sort of explanation within the DMC5 storyline which at least partway satisfies the new fans for the time being.

And who knows who is preferred more out of this new fanbase? It may not be Dante - after all, they don't know much about him either just from DMC4 and perhaps with all the involvement they have concerning Nero they may well prefer his character for the time being. Yes, the older fanbase may well like Dante more - but it's not fair to presume that this conclusion includes newer fans too...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angel;121084 said:
The Nero addition could depend on the "new" fans, perhaps? If Capcom are releasing the game on the XBO 360 again then those new to DMC might not be familiar with the whole timeline thing - they may not know a thing about Dante, Vergil, Sparda etc and it is likely they have been left with questions concerning mainly Nero and Dante from the end of DMC4. To go off on a seeming tangent about Vergil or someone else they are unfamiliar with (even if the veteran DMC fans know what's going on) could be a massive turn off.

Capcom would be a tad foolish, IMO, to go to all the trouble of creating a cross-platform crowd puller like Nero to just drop him entirely in the next game - unless they offer some sort of explanation within the DMC5 storyline which at least partway satisfies the new fans for the time being.

And who knows who is preferred more out of this new fanbase? It may not be Dante - after all, they don't know much about him either just from DMC4 and perhaps with all the involvement they have concerning Nero they may well prefer his character for the time being. Yes, the older fanbase may well like Dante more - but it's not fair to presume that this conclusion includes newer fans too...

You'd think anyone with a shred of intelligence would play the game, then take the time to actually read up on the back history of the series, then again, me demanding common sense from today's world is like me demanding quality in the gaming industry.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Capcom will continue with Nero, so get over it Phantarch.

His fanbase is to big to ignore right now. Nero brought in allot of new fans, without them DMC could stop selling so well. If Nero is left out of the new game, his entire fanbase will be put off and we may lose those new players.

Isn't Prince of Persia moving forward with a new main character as well?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Maybe many people are doing just that - getting into the whole DMC thing properly. But there will still be those who just play a game as is without any need to backtrack and try out older ones in the franchise.

I think those in the marketing industry sometimes need to assume everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise and therefore need spoon feeding as necessary...

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
i argee. but then again i am someone who was exposed to game by my ex via every single cutcence and finally game play....lol

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Vergil should not be brought back in 5........alive that is. There isnt any logical reasoning for him being alive. Make him a ghost, spirit, or spectre that haunts Nero and shows him flashbacks of his past (such as him and Dante fighting on Teminegru on DMC3, but with next gen graphics). Vergil can still have a VERY important part w/o being alive.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't know - it could work quite nicely if it's done well and not over the top...but then perhaps DMC 6 trips back to after Vergil disappears or whatever the hell happens to him and you get the real story with more Vergil in it...idk...

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Esura;121149 said:
Vergil should not be brought back in 5........alive that is. There isnt any logical reasoning for him being alive. Make him a ghost, spirit, or spectre that haunts Nero and shows him flashbacks of his past (such as him and Dante fighting on Teminegru on DMC3, but with next gen graphics). Vergil can still have a VERY important part w/o being alive.

He is coming back, his fanbase is just to big to leave him out.

He is not dead, if he is he will be back to life soon.

You should lose this obsession you have with him being dead.

puenboy

Soldier 1st Class
1.Blitz
2.The whole order of the sword
3.Pizza
4.Agnus
5.Force blade (I'm really bored of it)
6.NOOB boss EX:His Holiness (I forgot his name)

Evil Nero

The time-line could be even messed up!

they could do a sequel/prequel of events that happen at the very same time of an already made DMC game.

Nero has to stay in. I need to know more about him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom