• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What consoles/game devices do you own?

Aurelius

• SNES
  • N64
  • PSone (Original + the smaller, redesigned one)
  • PS2 (Original)
  • PS3
  • PSP (Original + Slim)
  • PS4
  • XBox 360
  • Xbox One
  • Gameboy Pocket
  • Gameboy Advance
  • Gameboy Advance SP
  • PC (ASUS Republic of Gamers)
  • Various LCD handhelds from Tiger Electronics (... they totally count!)

Dark Drakan

Admin
I am a bit of a console and games hoarder

Nice collection & I was the same until I needed the space and realised just how many consoles and games I had. So I sold most & tried to stick to ones I still use frequently, though as you can see by my current list its still rather a lot too. :laugh:

In my defense I would play on more of my games (some still unopened from Christmas 2015) and play multiple at same time if I had more time. Trying to work my way through shorter games first to lower the sheer amount I have to get through.

Owned my PS4 over a year & still not actually played any games on it (I own Uncharted 4 & The Last of Us), only used it to play media from USB. Main reason being the USB slot on my XB1 is on side and with them side by side I cant fit a USB stick in between, so easier to put it in front of my PS4. :laugh:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Current. Ps4 (original), Ps3 (super slim). HAVE owned, Ps3 (original, 80 gb), Ps2 (slim), Ps2 (original), Ps1 (slim), N64, SNES, NES......I think that's about it

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
This looks like fun!

Pretty much all of my consoles are in my crappy, leaky garage, but here's what I can remember.
  • 1x gaming/work PC (moine)
  • 1x gaming/HTPC (wifey's)
  • 1x gaming PC, previously a MAME arcade (for the nippers)
  • PSP with... I'm drawing a blank on the name of that hack-y firmware... whatever - it's got that installed
  • x2 Nintendo DS Lite
  • Nintendo DSi XL
  • Nintendo 3DS XL (NTSC-U)
  • 3x(?) Sega Mega Drive/Genesis model 1
  • Sega Mega CD model 1
  • That Master System add-on/adaptor for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
  • 2x arcade PCBs (WWF Wrestlefest and Captain 'murica and the Avengers)
  • 2x Wii U (1 PAL, 1 NTSC-U)
  • 2x Wii - never actually played a single game on either; use them exclusively to dump games via the Homebrew Channel. Incidentally, I also own several of those elusive LG disc drives that are capable of reading and dumping GameCube and Wii games: GDR-8161B, GDR-8162B, GDR-8164B, etc.
  • 2x PS2 Slims (1x PAL, 1x NTSC-U), both have Free McBoot installed so that I could dump the BIOS
  • 1x PS1 (Model 7501 I think) - whichever model it was that the ePSXe team recommended. Bought only to dump the BIOS for emulation
  • 2x Dreamcasts (1x PAL, 1x NTSC-U)
  • SNES
  • NES
  • GameCube
  • GameBoy Advance (the first generation one with the rubbish, non-backlit screen)
  • Nintendo 64
  • Sega Saturn
Pretty much owned every console up to 2003, up until the Xbox 360 era where I lost about 3 to the red ring of wallet murder. Sold a lot of my consoles (silly Steve!) during my teens.

Aside from my handhelds which only really see occasional use, I tend to only keep my consoles around for personal ROM dumping purposes, but my Retrode covers most of the essentials. Of that list above the only consoles I keep hooked up in the house are the Dreamcast, Wii, and Wii U - again for personal ROM/image dumping purposes.

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Hmm.
-PS4 (launch)
-PS4 Pro
-PS3
-PS2
-PS-X (japanese import)
-PS Vita
-Xbox 360 (lightly modified/home fixed)
-Xbox 360 (perfectly fine one)
-Xbox
-Nintendo 64 (Japan Import)
-Sega Saturn
-Supaboy (3rd party SNES)
-Super Famicom
-New 3DS XL
-Game Boy SP
-Game Boy Light (Japan only handheld, it's the GB pocket but with a backlit screen built into it)
-Atari 2600
-Wonderswan
-Wonderswan color
-2 laptops (one is my wife's)

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Nintendo 64 (Black)
Nintendo GameCube (Purple)
Wii - Original Model (White)
Wii U - 32GB Model (Black - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set)
Game Boy Advance SP (Flame red)
Game Boy Advance SP (Pearl blue)
New Nintendo 3DS XL (New red)
PlayStation 2 - Slimline Model (Black)
PlayStation 3 - Slimline Model (Charcoal black - 160GB)
PlayStation 4 - Pro Model (Jet black - 1TB)

I might take pictures later.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
On the subject of game consoles, I'm planning on buying a PS4 soon and since I've heard different things about each model, I'm just wondering what you guys think would be the best model to go for?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Current Consoles:
  • Cyber Gadget "Retro Freak" - (NES, Famicom, SNES, Super Famicom, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Supergrafx in one console).
  • Japanese Region Sega Saturn
  • US Sega Dreamcast
  • Playstation 2 (Modded w/ Flip Top to allow All Region and Burned Games)
  • Original Xbox
  • North American GameCube (Indigo)
  • North American GameCube (Platinum)
  • North American GameCube (Black)
  • PAL GameCube (Black)
  • That terminally badass Panasonic Q GameCube w/ component cables
  • Wii (Model 1)
  • Wii U (Wind Waker ver.)
  • New 3DS XL
  • PS3
  • PS4
  • Asus ROG Laptop w/ Nvidia GTX 980
Future Consoles:
  • Neo Geo of some kind (CD, CDZ, or an Omega Entertainment Machine for MVS Carts)
  • Xbox 360 (for Ace Combat 6 and Lost Odyssey)
  • PS TV
  • Nintendo Switch (if there's any in stock between now and century's end :grumpy:)

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
You've got the panasonic??

Ugh. I hate you so much right now.
You bet I do. GameCube's my favorite console, as I've illustrated before, so I needed to have the coolest variant of it that exists. The guy I bought it from was even nice enough to region-mod it for me, which could not have been easy with the delicate and unorthodox build of this chrome beast.

Although, acquiring one of these was nothing, and I mean, nothing compared to the literal stroke-inducing witch-hunt I had to conduct to find a cheap set of those INFERNALLY expensive component cables. Those things are a GC enthusiast's worst nightmare...all just to play games in 480p.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I bought myself a PS2 slim with component cables for the HDTV and it looks really good. I have a fat PS3 with BC capacities but I started getting paranoid that it was going to overheat so I got a Slim PS2 and 3 to replace them.

Steve

Admin
Current Consoles:
  • Cyber Gadget "Retro Freak" - (NES, Famicom, SNES, Super Famicom, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Supergrafx in one console).
  • Japanese Region Sega Saturn
  • US Sega Dreamcast
  • Playstation 2 (Modded w/ Flip Top to allow All Region and Burned Games)
  • Original Xbox
  • North American GameCube (Indigo)
  • North American GameCube (Platinum)
  • North American GameCube (Black)
  • PAL GameCube (Black)
  • That terminally badass Panasonic Q GameCube w/ component cables [...]

I tip my hat, sir! The GameCube is the system that sees the most activity in my HTPC. Awesome, awesome console that I should have appreciated more in my teens.

Was the Platinum variant the one that came bundled with Resident Evil 4?

Also, do check out this fella's amazing GameCub-- Nintendo collection:

Oh yeah, I recently got a Japanese New 3DS for playing imported Japanese games because damn you Nintendo and your region locking! :mad:

Oh my gosh. The region locking is such a major pain in the butt. I wouldn't have had to buy my second Wii U (which was my first NTSC-U version) and could have used my PAL one to dump my Wii U games. I did get my American unit for a price that I was super thrilled with, but even so it was still a hassle to have to wait for one to turn up on eBay just so that I could do with my Wii U games the same thing I've been able to do with most other games on virtually all PAL consoles.

Which variant did you get? I remember reading recently that the Japanese were privy to some awesome New 3DS exclusive case designs.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Which variant did you get? I remember reading recently that the Japanese were privy to some awesome New 3DS exclusive case designs.
I did try to get a Char Aznable (Gundam character) themed one, but after being told it was sold out by several vendors I dejectedly just got a plain white one.

Steve

Admin
I did try to get a Char Aznable (Gundam character) themed one, but after being told it was sold out by several vendors I dejectedly just got a plain white one.
Not gonna lie - of all of the colours and skins available, the white version has always been my favourite. Has been since the original DS.

What do you make of the Japan-exclusive Super Famicon Special Edition New 3DS?

original.jpg

Ruddy gorgeous innit.

Top Bottom