• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finally getting into Gotham. I attempted to awhile back, but I was either too busy with other things, or immersed in another show at the time. Aside from what seems to be some serious overacting here and there, I'm enjoying it so far. :thumbsup:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I just finished washing Hell or High Water on Amazon Prime (TV?). Great film and my first foray into the neo-western genre which I wasn't even aware existed until after watching the movie.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Oh man, you know quality when a ten minute anime short gets you more pumped then most full length anime TV shows this season. All Gundam fans owe it to themselves to check this mini-series out.

@WolfOD64 are you still checking out short Gundam series to get a feel for the franchise? If so then this might also be up your ally.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
@WolfOD64 are you still checking out short Gundam series to get a feel for the franchise? If so then this might also be up your ally.
I'm in the midst of exams, but I'll check it out when I have the time.

I still haven't even finished the last series I was watching, 8th MS Team.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
After over a decade since the first (and last) time watching it, just finished the original Ghost in the Shell movie.

So, unpopular opinion moment--and everyone's entitled to their opinion, so please refrain from getting up in arms about mine--Dull. As. Ditch-water. I'm sorry, but to me, it really was. Too much talking, dedicated to info-dumping; not enough happening. It felt more like an hour and a half of commentary on existentialism than an actual plotline. No wonder I couldn't remember jack about it. ._.

So yeah, sorry, but that's my take on it. I can only hope the series that came out later took the positive elements, improved on them, and thus, improved on the narrative as a whole. Also hoping the live-action movie proves interesting, too.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
After over a decade since the first (and last) time watching it, just finished the original Ghost in the Shell movie.

So, unpopular opinion moment--and everyone's entitled to their opinion, so please refrain from getting up in arms about mine--Dull. As. Ditch-water. I'm sorry, but to me, it really was. Too much talking, dedicated to info-dumping; not enough happening. It felt more like an hour and a half of commentary on existentialism than an actual plotline. No wonder I couldn't remember jack about it. ._.

So yeah, sorry, but that's my take on it. I can only hope the series that came out later took the positive elements, improved on them, and thus, improved on the narrative as a whole. Also hoping the live-action movie proves interesting, too.
I agree 100%. The movie has some of the worst approaches to exposition and philosophical pondering I've ever seen in my life. The writing just absolutely bludgeons the audience with these high-browed, naval-gazing questions--most of which Blade Runner did already, and far more subtly I might add--without it coming off as natural. Whenever Kusanagi or another character talks, it doesn't feel like they, the characters, are talking...it's the writer talking.

Avoid the 1995 movie like the plague. The only thing even remotely more vapid and pretentious in the anime medium is the mountain of overrated tripe that is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well, all the talk about Dunkirk not having enough diversity in it (alol) and the praise it's gotten for being an otherwise solid film has got me wanting to see.

Aurelius

What sorcery is this?! I'm developing a love for slasher films?! Then again, I guess that's what happens when you actually give something a chance! I think I need to try that more often.

... Did I mention I'm watching the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise for the first time ever! Normally when it comes to horror films, I tend to stick to my supernatural flicks, zombie movies, gothic horrors, psychologicals, the occasional black comedy and found footage, as well as splatter films.

Top Bottom