• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
According to Dwayne Johnson, they're making a live action version of Moana - a film that is only seven years old.

It's like, why even bother making animated films anymore if you're just going to remake it right away with the suckier version? :rolleyes:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I have mixed feelings about there being an Indian Spider-Man but i like his new design.

It's a step up from the old one.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Having just watched the TV drama “Longitude” starring Jeremy Irons and Michael Gambon, I could not resist thinking about a film franchise I absolutely adored as a youth - “Pirates of the Caribbean” and how it is stuck in a rut at the moment, what with Johnny Depp claiming he won’t do another movie and the Margot Robbie spin-off apparently being dead in the water, it gave me an idea.

The franchise title doesn’t refer to anyone specifically so if Disney had the balls they should retire Jack Sparrow and take the films in a bold and brash direction. Make a film about sailors in the Royal Navy having to combat the pirates who aren’t as nice as Sparrow. Taking a huge leaf outta Uncharted 4 but maybe have a Navy and Pirate Captain both get one half of a treasure map to a supernatural macguffin and it’s a race against time as to who gets their hands on it as they sail around the Caribbean looking for clues and getting into skirmishes.

It doesn’t have to replace the Depp films, but it could be a new and interesting take on the franchise.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Sparda's rejected son You have a youtube channel? Link me up! :D

CT: I've planted (in pots and peat pellets) 149 seeds, and I'm forcibly resisting the urge to make it an even 150. It's doubtful they'll all germinate, and among those that do, I'm sure a handful will die off before they even get close to being planted outside. But at this point, I just don't have the room to justify planting more--and heaven help me if they're far more successful than I'm anticipating. ^^;

The snow also needs to take a powder. It's melting very slowly, and having freezing rain/sleet mixtures scattered between the warmer days isn't helping. ._.

Long story short: gardening mania has taken over.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Rebel Dynasty PM sent!

And I need help, my GF keeps thinking I am cheating. I am not cheating (For real) how do I make this nightmare end?

Also Happy Easter to everyone! Have a wonderful Mass (for Catholics)/ general service for Protestants.

If you are Jewish then enjoy Passover and (in my area) have a peaceful Sabbath.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Happy Easter!

I'm currently thinking about 2 things.

1. I'm in a video game publisher fantasy league and am thinking of dropping Redfall after more recent negative pre-release showcasing. But I'm not sure what to replace it with. CP77 expansion? Darkest Dungeon 2? Cocoon? Mina the Hollower? After Us? Or Last Case of Benedict Fox?

2. What do and how to mentally/emotionally prep for a possible "break up" w/ an LDR. Our "relationship" is complicated. She lives in another country (Honduras. I love in the USA). We've been talking essentially every day since Dec 2020. I visited her in Oct 2021 and she just visited me this past week. We've gone through a lot of ups and downs and she told me she wants to focus on her #1 priority dream of being a self-made independent woman in her country, but also wanted to see if "anything changed" for us on her visit. Her time here felt mixed to me. Some great moments, but a lot of neutral or tepid moments. She was having womanly issues, so I think that contributed to her attitude at times, but she definitely was not as affectionate and enthusiastic as when I visited her.

Ultimately, she said she still wants to focus on her life in Honduras, but will go wherever God leads her. I know I need to "clear things up", but I feel that won't work, as her previous 2 answers when I asked were always "I don't know". So it really will be up to me to just cut it off or...keep talking to her, in hopes things change in months or years. I really do love her and I think she has feelings for me but is just torn between her feelings and her desire to complete her dreams. I know if you love something, you should let it go if it is in need of being let go. But that's the thing, things can still work out in the long run... just very VERY LONG run... So it's up to me if I want to be patient. I'm older and don't really want to wait around. So...just some decisions to be made and I'm thinking how I'll go about making them.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Happy Easter!

I'm currently thinking about 2 things.

1. I'm in a video game publisher fantasy league and am thinking of dropping Redfall after more recent negative pre-release showcasing. But I'm not sure what to replace it with. CP77 expansion? Darkest Dungeon 2? Cocoon? Mina the Hollower? After Us? Or Last Case of Benedict Fox?
My friends and I play the Fantasy Critic game. I've got Last Case Of Benedict Fox on my line up. I think that will be a good one.

Dr. Cheesesteak

My friends and I play the Fantasy Critic game. I've got Last Case Of Benedict Fox on my line up. I think that will be a good one.
Nice! What else you got?

My current roster is Diablo 4, Armored Core 6, Sea of Stars, Like a Dragon Ishin, and Redfall.

Ishin was sort of a let down. I was expecting 84+. But 81 isn't bad. I think I'm safe on D4 getting a 90+ and AC6 too if it releases this year. But I need a sleeper homerun, since there's very little left. I think Benedict Fox will be an 85+. I think Mina the Hollower will also be an 85+, given Yacht Club's track record. The real wild card, imo, is CP77 expansion. Could be a 90+ like the Witcher 3 expansions. ...or could be like a lot of other expansions and just score in the 7/8s range.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I remember a DOA5 fan theory where Honoka was theorized to be an older version of Kanna, the little girl from NG3.

It got me curious about an older version of Sanji, the little boy who idolized Ryu. So if I had to pitch a NG story, it would be with them as the lead characters.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
8fc1fddf4f7d02c78460e31018c2792d6dfe9f40_hq.jpg

images

I was reading this series and wondered what kind of gameplay he should be.

A beat em up rpg?

Despite being set in the DCU, it doesn't actually use the DCU to generate stories.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Up to 156 seeds planted (not including re-seeding for failed seeds, because...well, I've lost count). It's been a bit of a struggle for some of the plants, but I'm finally getting the first of my peppers to germinate. Some of the tomato seedlings look like they're getting better too (while others are on the brink of death). All in all, I'm doing the best I can and watching as many educational videos on the matter as possible to give myself a fighting chance.

+Welp, now that I've done some cleaning, lunch is definitely in order. Gods, we need to do a grocery shop...

Top Bottom