• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Sitting back and enjoying all the drama over the live action "Lilo & Stitch" debacle.

It must be nice to be able to speak out of both sides of your mouth like that~

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It would be cool if the mobile Persona game was an Akechi spinoff.

His starting persona could be Moriarty.

;).

You means Persona 5 X? Can you believe fan art already exists of the new characters? I love the internet sometimes.

In general news:

Everyone knows I am a Power Rangers fan. I'll watch it all, Mighty Morphin, Turbo, Lightspeed Rescue, Jungle Fury, Samurai and etc. I love me some spandex and giant robots. With that said, yes I am excited for MMPR Once & Always.
I will watch it and I will nerd out over it so with that being said.... Power Rangers are better than DC comics! Hahahaha!

(Runs off like the god forsaken troll that I am.) :ROFL:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You means Persona 5 X? Can you believe fan art already exists of the new characters? I love the internet sometimes.

In general news:

Everyone knows I am a Power Rangers fan. I'll watch it all, Mighty Morphin, Turbo, Lightspeed Rescue, Jungle Fury, Samurai and etc. I love me some spandex and giant robots. With that said, yes I am excited for MMPR Once & Always.
I will watch it and I will nerd out over it so with that being said.... Power Rangers are better than DC comics! Hahahaha!

(Runs off like the god forsaken troll that I am.) :ROFL:
The new P5X characters look cool. I'm curious if the mobile game crosses over with P5 proper.

You should check out the Power Rangers comics by Boom Studios.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@V's patron I would be surprised if Persona 5 X ever came to the USA as a phone game. Also I have a few of the BOOM comics but I don't like the current story. It's too Omega Ranger focused from what I saw. The original trio are gone,
I want to see the Stone Canyon Trio get more comoic time. Or any other Ranger besides MMPR. Haha.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Another coworker calls me "sir" and I feel self conscious about it.

Dude I'm not that much older than you. Lol

Bro I'd wish a co-worker would just call me that. Instead I get co-workers telling me about how "this and that girl wants me." Like bro.... Over compensating much? It is not jealousy either, it is more "shut up!" Lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If they do another Persona Q game, they might as well do a multiverse crossover with Persona 1 and 2.

I wonder if the q games got ported to ps4.

I like the Phantom Thieves but I wouldn't want them as the protagonist for a potential Persona 6.

I'd say Sora was the reason why I lost interest in Kingdom Hearts. As a teen I preffered characters that grew with me and Sora wasn't that. It's not unique to him as it's common with most shonens I read at the time.

If I had to pitch a DMC6, I thought about focusing on a group of escaped experiments. They were humans infected by the Qlipoth's spores and caught by amoral scientists.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wonder if the q games got ported to ps4.
They weren't. Currently the only legal way to play them is still on the 3DS which is near impossible to get ahold of copies of the games. Which is a shame as I missed out on PQ2.

As for Personas 1 & 2, I wouldn't hold my breath. Japan has this weird cultural tradition where creators are very reluctant to touch characters they didn't create themselves and is why P3 onwards doesn't use the characters pre-established in past games because the original team left, or say Kingdom Hearts only uses Final Fantasy characters designed by Nomura.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They weren't. Currently the only legal way to play them is still on the 3DS which is near impossible to get ahold of copies of the games. Which is a shame as I missed out on PQ2.

As for Personas 1 & 2, I wouldn't hold my breath. Japan has this weird cultural tradition where creators are very reluctant to touch characters they didn't create themselves and is why P3 onwards doesn't use the characters pre-established in past games because the original team left, or say Kingdom Hearts only uses Final Fantasy characters designed by Nomura.
That's probably for the best as my backlog is big already.

It could be a case of imposter syndrome. Art is about self-expression and it could be intimidating taking on another's creation.

Ironically the west is too cavalier about switching writers but it is what it is.

I don't need it to happen but it would've been fun.

It would be cool if Trinity Soul got a crossover with the games. That was a spinoff anime that took place 10 years after 3.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't think I've read a teen Hellboy story yet.

There are stories set before Hellboy's first appearance. And there are stories that set in his childhood and teen years but the latter doesn't really capture what Hellboy would be like as teen.

Ironically both the live action takes do that unintentionally (or maybe it was intentional).

Menace

Maybe I'll be back at modding Grand Theft Auto or Fallout, but still I don't have the time, busy enough watching my kid all day long.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just thinking about how badly I want to get the plants into the ground right now, but it's still too soon. ._. Also thinking that I kind of want to take a nap; I blame all the rain. I'm sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with getting older...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Back in the day, I wanted Persona 5 to be about a cast of college age characters or delinquents.

It's still something they should try in the next one.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Back in the day, I wanted Persona 5 to be about a cast of college age characters. There's still P6. ;)
Sadly the explosive success of P3 means the series will likely be grounded in high school forevermore. Gone are the days of P2:EP which had the player characters (other than the Sixth Ranger Tatsuya) be comprised entirely of grown adults.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sadly the explosive success of P3 means the series will likely be grounded in high school forevermore. Gone are the days of P2:EP which had the player characters (other than the Sixth Ranger Tatsuya) be comprised entirely of grown adults.
That's a bummer but understandable.

Often the under 20 crowd can loose their appeal if they got older. You can keep them the same age and disposition but that can feel stagnant.

So I'm glad they swapped out the characters/settings for each numbered entry. That approach helps keep the series fresh.

It comes with its own issues but it's my preffered option.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I'm glad they swapped out the characters/settings for each numbered entry. That approach helps keep the series fresh.
For what it's worth, in both of the P2 games one of your Party members was a Player character from Persona 1. Yukino in Innocent Sin and either Kei or Eriko (depending on the Player's choices) in Eternal Punishment - all of whom have since graduated high school and are now working adults who act as mentor characters to the rest of the Party.

Top Bottom