• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just submitted to a publisher I submitted to (I think?) five years ago. Whispers of Nowhere was an infant then, and I'm glad I took the indie route with it--but let's hope they find The 13th Magic to their tastes. -crosses fingers-

Edit: Four years ago. Forgot I had publisher rejections in a different folder to agent queries/rejections.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Wishing I'd filmed my idiot cat hunting a bit of chinese spare rib like it was alive: arched-back, pouncing, tentative taps with her paw - the works. She's so dumb, she actually let it scare her at one point.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Long story, but I just have to write this.

Some positive things: We're going to see a new apartment tonight with my husband. It wouldn't be our own apartment, but it isn't a rental apartment either. It's pretty hard to explain, but to keep it simple: it's sort of a "next step" from a rental flat. It's a pretty new way to arrange living in Finland and I don't know if it's in use anywhere else, so that's why I don't know a word for it.
My studies are going well despite the long sick leave last autumn. It seems that I will graduate just before Christmas 2021, at the latest. Whoah! That's just so cool! And my grades are still excellent, so I have a great chance of making my dream come true and becoming a prosecutor.
I've got some new friends, both at the university and in the writing club. I can't recall the feeling of being lonely anymore.
And my traveling dreams, which are student exchange and going to Prague, are both really going to happen soon.

I was just thinking about this: I've seen the shadows in my life, I've been through domestic violence, alcoholics and gambling problems and mother with personality issues. I was taken into custody, I had a safe home only at the children custody center. I've been in mental hospitals, I've tried to take my own life.
I didn't believe in myself enough to even go to high school because "I'm so worthless, I couldn't make it even if I tried".

Now, this sounds like bragging, but I'll say it anyway, because believe me, bragging is sometimes necessary for your health and it can boost others around you too.
Considering all of the above, the odds and statistics were that I should have ended up using drugs in the street, robbing stores for living and getting into jail at some point.
Instead of that, I'm married to a man who loves me despite my flaws, and I love nothing more in this life than him. I'm studying law, despite that my personal chances for getting into law school without the high school matriculation were around 1,5 %. I'm not rich, but I've got enough money so I can even make small investments to the stock market, so I'm actually in a way better financial situation than most university students are.

So, what am I thinking? I'm thinking that life's actually treating me pretty darn good. And if you ever think that the odds are not on your side, believe me: they are just odds, not the definite truth.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I wonder if people here get excited when I post because I don't show up much. lol

-Raises hand- I did have that moment of, "Cool, DT's back!" xD

CT: Welp, that's 6 definitive rejections so far (there are 2 time outs that essentially count as rejections too, but for all I know, they're just really behind on their influx of submissions). Honestly, I don't expect any less. I'm just hoping someone picks this story up sometime this year.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Come on, creative wellspring--I need you now more than ever. (Seriously, when the vast majority of what you do is editing, it's tough getting back into the actual writing bit).

+Ah, I can't wait to see how he turns out! ^^

++One day down, 49 more to go... :unsure:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
*Looks at free pages remaining in notebook* Welp, guess I'd better go for brevity with the rest of the outline... :cautious:

+I have this weird feeling I dreamt about Good Omens Crowley last night, but damned if I can remember the context.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I am ill and my husband gave me something delicious to make me feel happier:

pukki1.jpg

:bored: ... are you thinking what I am thinking?

Because I am thinking that it sure is a big enough chocolate santa to cure me

pukki2.jpg

(You perverts)

Sorry, I know I'm childish. Couldn't resist. :laugh:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Watching Locke and Key before bed probably wasn't one of my better ideas...

+Weird. I'm almost done with the outlining notes. I mean, yeah, it's leaving out certain details--a lot of character relationship stuff and whatnot--but I didn't expect to nearly be done with it. I'll probably red-pen my way through it once it's all written up, add in the bits and pieces where I want them so I'm not lost when I actually have to type these scenes...

++I hope it comes this week. The fact that it hasn't yet worries me. :unsure:

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know as a kid, for the longest time I was convinced that the band "Madness" was far-right because at the beginning of their greatest hit "One Step Beyond" it sounds like the lead singer is saying they're "the Nazi-est sound around". But it was only recently when I heard the song again in the first time for like a decade that I realised he was actually saying "nastiest" in a really, really thick accent. :facepalm:

It's funny how you randomly remember these sorts of things when absentmindedly listening to the radio. :cautious:

Top Bottom