• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I certainly would like to see that. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just my perception, but I feel like Nero's occupation in DMC4 was vague and so underdeveloped that I wouldn't see many people freaking out about it as long as the core tenants of his character remained (Devil Bringer, mysterious link to Sparda's family etc).

--EDIT--
Huh, feels strangely nice to be thinking about DMC again for once. :)
I saw Fortuna as a theocracy so maybe the order had a role in the day to day? like they did make up the police force? like in Naruto or Bleach? so maybe Nero could have been a detective for the Order?

Funny thing is they did give you a tutorial for interacting with the environment.

Should they keep the sparda connection for the reboot?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Should they keep the sparda connection for the reboot?
Hmm...As long as they do something interesting with it then I'd keep it. Sparda's illegitimate son, a clone or maybe even a reincarnation. Should Nero be older than Dante or younger? Should he be a newcomer to the supernatural or already well-versed in it?

The possibilities are endless if you are creative enough.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hmm...As long as they do something interesting with it then I'd keep it. Sparda's illegitimate son, a clone or maybe even a reincarnation. Should Nero be older than Dante or younger? Should he be a newcomer to the supernatural or already well-versed in it?

The possibilities are endless if you are creative enough.
I guess it depends on how you want him to play off DmC Dante. Him being his older half-brother might feel like a rethread of his Vergil baggage but maybe you could play with that.

Younger could also work but I think you would need more to seperate them so Nero doesn't feel redundant.Maybe just make him Dante or Vergil's actual kid ?

I'm mixed on keeping the sparda connection because I wasn't too fond of it but could he work without it?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I guess it depends on how you want him to play off DmC Dante. Him being his older half-brother might feel like a rethread of his Vergil baggage but maybe you could play with that.
Seeing as Sparda has lived for an indefinite amount of time, one way you could avoid a re-tread of Dante/Vergil's relationship is having Nero be significantly older so he feels more of an uncle to Dante instead.

I always felt Nero would be best if you explore the scene where he goes Devil Trigger for the first time and he talks about "hearing a voice demanding power" and he has to battle his demonic instincts as much as any external threat represented by the Devil Bringer slowly growing across his body as he uses his power more.

But that's just what I'd like to see in a DmC Nero. I'd be curious to see other people's interpretations. :thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Seeing as Sparda has lived for an indefinite amount of time, one way you could avoid a re-tread of Dante/Vergil's relationship is having Nero be significantly older so he feels more of an uncle to Dante instead.

I always felt Nero would be best if you explore the scene where he goes Devil Trigger for the first time and he talks about "hearing a voice demanding power" and he has to battle his demonic instincts as much as any external threat represented by the Devil Bringer slowly growing across his body as he uses his power more.

But that's just what I'd like to see in a DmC Nero. I'd be curious to see other people's interpretations. :thumbsup:
So what kind of detective do you want him to be?

I was thinking he should be someone dante knew in the orphanage. Dante betrayed him to get out so he doesnt tryst him when they meet again.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So what kind of detective do you want him to be?
Hmm...my version would be a down on his luck detective who scratches by in life by investigating cheating husbands and looking for lost cats. He actively avoids the supernatural for fear of his demonic instincts growing stronger, but the incident with Mundus and the war between humans and demons throws Dante into his life. He rescues Dante and Kat from being hunted by humans by giving them jobs in his office "Devil May Cry" but he keeps his cards close to his chest - especially his connection to Sparda. Over the course of the game, fighting both evil humans and demons, the trio question the state of affairs and Nero fully accepts both halves of himself and sacrifices his life to seal the demons back into the demon world. But unbeknownst to everyone, the final shot of the game is of Vergil who has slipped back into the Human world and seeks to conquer and unite both worlds. Thus leads to the epic conclusion of the trilogy where Dante follows in Nero's path and rejects Vergil - defeating him and becoming the protector of all worlds and travels throughout them fighting injustice wherever he goes.

Just a few thoughts after a couple of minutes worth of thinking. :tongue:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I haven't gone on Skype much in recent months, and I think I kind of miss it. ._. Maybe I should try to get on there at least once a week.

+ I really hope someone is going grocery shopping tomorrow, because we have very little (besides meat) in the house right now. :cautious:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Much has changed since I last posted here. Also Really tempted to pick up Zelda OoT 3DS version... I got and completed Majora's Mask 3DS but that is because I love MM. BotW doesn't interest me because it's not "Zelda" to me, it's dark souls with color and Zoras.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I told myself I wouldn't get too deep into that fandom...and then I started a oneshot. :| What is it with me and guys with cool hats in games? I just can't keep away from them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Who is the soulless, inhuman bastard that thought cancelling Brooklyn 99 would, in any way shape or form, make the world a better place. Well, at least they weren't a'holes enough to deny another network the right to air it. Dodged a bullet I didn't even know was shot till days after.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wait wait wait, so the whole reason why they ever came up with the frankly pretty silly looking yellow Batman symbol on his suit in the comics was so that criminals would be more prone to shoot at it, because it had kevlar underneath?

...Why not make the entire suit made of kevlar in the first place...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh, waking dreams, there aren't words enough to describe how much I hate you right now. Sleep has been light and sporadic enough without being given reason to fear returning to it; the tactile and auditory hallucinations certainly don't help. Especially when it feels like my bed is trying to buck me off and I hear a raspy voice say, "Mine..." ._.

Top Bottom