• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Friend: *Notices that I decorated my jacket sleeve* What's this thing?
Mens-Stainless-Steel-beauty-Girls-Skull-Skeleton-Pendant-Necklace-for-Men-Women-Punk-Style-Skeleton-No_96fa48a5-a40e-4c56-bf17-529506083848_620x.jpg
Me: It's a lady looking in the mirror and seeing a skeleton looking back.
Friend: She's not wearing any clothes
Me: That's part of the point, It's meant to show ho---
Friend: *cut's me off with another remark about the lack of clothing*
Me:....Glad you like it.
Indeed? How old is your friend?
When Y Tu Mama Tambien came out there was a whole thing in the media about male nudity and it brought up the discussion of how people are so shy about nudity, namely amongst the US. There is modesty and then there is... well, there's that. I'm a big advocate of not shying away from it because in my experience it's a thin line between I don't feel comfortable and censorship and I've seen it happen and it's really silly when there are way worse things in the world than wieners and gonads.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I really need to up my marketing game. Maybe later this month I'll do a giveaway, or a contest of some sort. Maybe give out free PDF copies in exchange for honest reviews. Whatever it takes to put WoN a little more on the map. x_x Even if I am really shy about pushing my book on people. Guess I need to get over that, if I want to keep it from fading into obscurity.

+Go away, housework. Nobody likes you. >.>

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Indeed? How old is your friend?
When Y Tu Mama Tambien came out there was a whole thing in the media about male nudity and it brought up the discussion of how people are so shy about nudity, namely amongst the US. There is modesty and then there is... well, there's that. I'm a big advocate of not shying away from it because in my experience it's a thin line between I don't feel comfortable and censorship and I've seen it happen and it's really silly when there are way worse things in the world than wieners and gonads.
He is 21. He often has a very dude-bro college kid mentality, which is why he failed to see the point.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That was a very close call. Glad the bus driver picked kiddo up despite us not being at the stop. Figures that neither of us noticed she'd forgotten her backpack until nearly the last minute. :facepalm: Gods, I hope we don't have another one of those days for the remainder of the school year; seems every time the hub is away, we have this problem. Probably because of the ridiculous amount of **** on my mind that we otherwise would've split between us.

+Now to walk to the bank, because I'm not inclined to ask anyone for a ride.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I'm convinced that twix's left/right bar marketing gimmick is solely to snag extra sales from OCD people. I watched a lady rummage through a stack of them in the checkout line until she had one of each. Its kind of evil, but a hidden, focused kind of evil.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I found all three of the Oreo contest winners at the store earlier. Flavors were: Kettle Corn, Cherry Cola, and Pina Colada thins.
The kettle corn flavor was dynamite and I like them a lot.
The cherry cola flavor was actually kinda of gross. Didn't even smell good.
The Pina Colada thins were alright. Not really a fruit flavored cookie person, but they didn't taste nearly as bad as the cherry cola cookies.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Fairly certain, after all the trouble she had finding the paperback format (trying to instruct someone over the phone is exhausting--this is why I'd never do a tech support job), my grandmother's friend wound up buying the kindle version. x_x The fact that there are no new sales on CS, but that a purchase was made through KDP kind of tells me all I need to know about how tech savvy said person is. :facepalm: Either that, or it's one hell of a coincidence that an e-book was bought, and CS is still processing the order. Guess I'll see in a few days' time.

+Must. Finish. Raking. :dead:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Well, I officially start working overnight shifts next week, which means staying up all night this weekend to adjust to a new sleep schedule, which means stuffing my face with enough caffeine and preservatives to mummify a small dog.
I'll make note to have my wife hide all the pointy things in the house, I don't need a 3 in the morning incident with the neighbors

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It be funny if NT rebooted Nero to be a detective like his concept art.
A fun gag for people in the know and maybe they could get away with it because Nero isn't as sacred as Dante/Vergil (this could backfire tho).
I certainly would like to see that. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just my perception, but I feel like Nero's occupation in DMC4 was vague and so underdeveloped that I wouldn't see many people freaking out about it as long as the core tenants of his character remained (Devil Bringer, mysterious link to Sparda's family etc).

--EDIT--
Huh, feels strangely nice to be thinking about DMC again for once. :)

Top Bottom