• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Viper

Premium
In which universe is office gossip so much worse than one's boss horribly yelling at them for a stupid reason? Cause I think my coworkers fell out of it.
First merely makes you disappointed and hurt, but smarter about certain things. Second leaves you a mess.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm rewatching Luke cage and its filled with a lot of awesome moments.

Luke and Cottonmouth has that Luthor vs Superman vibe. I have to admit that when he used that rocket launcher in episode 3, I laughed out loud. It felt like a Road runner versus Wil E Coyote moment.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Randomly browsing through the NieR: Automata soundtrack, and then I hit on a boss theme that completely breaks from the "rousing orchestral and chorus" theme and is 100% techno, which is like "Holy crap I like this soundtrack even more now".

For those curious, it's the Adam and Eve boss theme.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know, I've been recently playing "Final Fantasy III" and it's really hitting the high fantasy nostalgia that I feel the recent FF titles have been straying away from. XIII in particular felt like I was playing a Sci-Fi rather than a fantasy game.

I was hoping that FFXVI would go back to that feel, but as a friend pointed out to me that Bravely Default seems to be taking over for the High Fantasy role. :'(

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The funny thing about the fact that my entire family calls me a killjoy and says I don’t know how to have fun is that literally anyone who’s ever been alone in a personal chat with me knows I am physically incapable of not making puns. I mean, okay, sure, maybe I’m a little stale…but at least my humor isn’t. :laugh:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That moment when you want to wash your hands of something and never think of it again, and then you realize you can't go on without knowing how it ends so you resubscribe to the comic's patreon...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Shadow: That happens to me, too. I'm always trying to convince people that I'm not boring.

I'm like, "Hey, just spend another 5 minutes with me and I'm sure you'll appreciate my stamp collection as much as I do."

Viper

Premium
I tried reading Jojo cause everyone and their mother is constantly yapping about it, but I can't manage more than few chapters before needing a long break from craziness. Is this supposed to be read while on drugs?

Dio makes me think of Liquid Snake for some reason...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I tried reading Jojo cause everyone and their mother is constantly yapping about it, but I can't manage more than few chapters before needing a long break from craziness. Is this supposed to be read while on drugs?
Where did you start? The franchise is split into several "Parts" with each one telling a different story.

And yes, the "bizarreness" is all part of the charm. <3

Viper

Premium
Where did you start? The franchise is split into several "Parts" with each one telling a different story.

And yes, the "bizarreness" is all part of the charm. <3
The first part, introduction of Joestar family and Dio. Then I managed to get to the part where Pillar men are revived, at which point a dramatic speech with overexaggerated poses made me lose it. XD
I'll probably continue sometime later.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know, the sheer arrogance of people just astounds me sometimes.

So I guy I know who watched a TV show through pirating methods instead of the online streaming service (which you have to pay for), and then when the show's creators bring out the DVD/Blu-Ray edition which features extra scenes, he claims that the creators are ripping him off as they weren't in the original broadcast version and he doesn't want to have to pay full price to watch the extra scenes.

I mean...what? :bored:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but I can never seem to dig anything up via Google (likely my query is too long).

Does anyone know the term for when a writer accidentally leaves a word in a sentence while switching between nouns/pronouns? For example, when they make an error like this: "Kell wanted to wring his Rhy's neck."

The mess up of course being that the writer used both "his" and "Rhy's" (which I'm pretty sure is an error every writer makes, usually resulting from edits).

Just curious. ^^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Claire temple is a way better character than Coulson and she needs her own spinoff. I'm not so sure about her becoming the White Tiger like Whatculture seems to think.

White tiger is a more obscure martial arts hero that happened to be hispanic. She was popularized in the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon recently. She was rumored to be who Rosario Dawson was playing before she was revealed to be Claire Temple. Which is actually funny because everything would come full circle.

Its not that i hate either character im just not so sure its the best move for either character.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's always a frigging emotional rollercoaster when he goes. First a disproportionate amount of sadness; then numb acceptance to the point where I can't even remember what it's like when he's here. Then wildly swinging between optimism and impatience during the final stretch.

And this happens every. Single. Time. :unsure: The only difference is the varying degrees (I.e. sadness doesn't always lead to tears/not eating/binge-eating).

Welp, 83 days to go--unless he's not supposed to be home by June 15th, but driving back by that day. Then it'll be 87 or 88. *Cue sarcastic cheering and confetti*

+And now I'm going into Shades of Magic withdrawals... Why do I do this to myself? :cautious:

Top Bottom