• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Wow, there really isn't that much left at all. o_O I wonder if it'll be done by this time next month? -Equal parts excited and apprehensive-

+I should catch up on some of my Inkitt reads before committing to another physical book (since I'm caught up on my current reads for Wattpad--the "TBR later" list is a whole 'nother story).

++I hope they all arrive next week! :nailbiting:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Thanks, brain, for giving me ideas for a new story two weeks before NaNo starts. It's not like I'm really attached to the first idea and I'm really excited to finally get a good deal of it done. No, I'll just...write down the basics of this and probably forget about it come December. :|

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Dear Lord, I just bought my first Gunpla. What hell am I walking into...

For those curious, this is what the finished product is supposed to look like after you assemble it.
71AUiPvIO1L._SL1500_.jpg

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
It's High Grade, 1/144 in scale.

I thought I'd start with something simple so I got "∀Gundam" since it was cheap (hopefully) not too complicated.
Yeah, HG is a good one to start out on. I personally enjoy Real Grade, but I also go for Master Grade if I have the cash

Dark Drakan

Admin
Managed to watch just over an hour of the 2+ hour Star Citizen presentation from CitizenCon and the tech they showcased is stunning. I really hope the final product can get most things right when it officially releases, it wont please everyone of course but if end product can reach some of the HUGE potential it has it could be a game changer in the industry.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Managed to watch just over an hour of the 2+ hour Star Citizen presentation from CitizenCon and the tech they showcased is stunning. I really hope the final product can get most things right when it officially releases, it wont please everyone of course but if end product can reach some of the HUGE potential it has it could be a game changer in the industry.

I'm approaching Star Citizen carefully. The past has shown plenty of times that games can look extremely good in (gameplay) trailers, but end up disappointing.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm approaching Star Citizen carefully. The past has shown plenty of times that games can look extremely good in (gameplay) trailers, but end up disappointing.

Im not jumping on the hype train just yet as ive been burned far too many times and I havent pledged myself as of yet but the tech they showed (including gameplay footage) and some of the social tech (Spectrum) they showcased looked REALLY impressive (around 35.30 into full presentation video below).

Having been involved in forums for best part of 14 years the idea of Live Forums merged with a team speak/discord server chat software is very interesting. Having ability to show which friends are in game and logged in at same time as broadcasting their location in game and forming parties/team speak is useful. As well as the voice chat being location based via the software to the game in real time too to add to immersion and it not feeling like chatting outside the game(video explains it better than me).

It all sounds really intriguing and im excited to see it in action and where they can go with these ideas. The fact that it combines all these features of what is only capable by using multiple programs currently is an exciting step forward.

Its a LONG way from release though and lots of work to do to get it to where they want it to be at launch. A lot of money and developers invested in it, just hope that their vision doesnt get dragged down by tech limitations and time issues. The game has come from the other side of development hell from what has been reported so hopefully it pushes on from that.

Im very cautious but trying to be open minded and optimistic that at least 1 developer will finally pull off something of worth in this genre soon. Even if the game doesnt manage to hit all the right notes the tech they are developing could expand to other titles in future too and help advance other genres and the industry as a whole.

Got whole thread dedicated to updates here.

Top Bottom