• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Holy soggy cereal, Batman! I've got a ton of stuff to do today! And when did I hit 50+ views on Tablo? o_O Last I saw when I checked yesterday it was at 16. Now if only those people would favorite it or leave comments....

+ M'chapter, I do not know if I can post you today, but I will try.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dragon Age: Origins is closer to what Neverwinter Nights 2 should have been than the actual Neverwinter Nights 2 itself.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Dragon Age: Origins is closer to what Neverwinter Nights 2 should have been than the actual Neverwinter Nights 2 itself.

Me and 2 of my friends actually replayed the original Neverwinter Nights recently. Probably my 2nd favorite cRPG just behind Dungeon Siege 2.

As for what I'm thinking, I hate how my teeth can't tolerate some sweets. I've got some chocolate covered plums for my birthday and few minutes ago I tried them and my teeth were like "GET IT OFF ME". They are delicious though.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
You played the second?

Well, I have it but got really put off by the start and just left it. I mean, I went from trying to stop a plague and catching four super dangerous monsters to taking part in some stupid competition in a village. I've heard that it's kind of awful later on too, so not sure if I want to get into it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, I have it but got really put off by the start and just left it. I mean, I went from trying to stop a plague and catching four super dangerous monsters to taking part in some stupid competition in a village. I've heard that it's kind of awful later on too, so not sure if I want to get into it.

Yes it is. They improved a few aspects of the gameplay, like the party management, but everything else is inferior.

The gritty and dark and epic atmosphere of the first game was replaced by a more cheerful and colored and kid-friendly style, which also reflected into the entire design. Remember the realistic looking weapons and armors of the first (even the most fantastical looking ones kept a certain feeling of realism and you could say "Yeah I can buy it" no problem)? Forget it, now you got much fancier/ridiculous/disproportionate looking ones.

Story is very meh and absolutely nowhere as engaging as the first game, and quests are too.

The lore is presented to the player in a disorganized and uninteresting way, whereas in the first game informations were embedded in dialogues and books actually interesting to read.

It's not a bad game imo, for those who never played its predecessor, or even as a standalone game, after all. But for those who did, like me, kinda feels a letdown.

Man, I want a true sequel for that game, I was so disappointed by MWN2 and so sad when I got to know they made a f2p MMOPRG based on the franchise.

Obsidian couldn't capture the original's atmosphere, Bioware needs to get back to the franchise.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
The gritty and dark and epic atmosphere of the first game was replaced by a more cheerful and colored and kid-friendly style, which also reflected into the entire design. Remember the realistic looking weapons and armors of the first (even the most fantastical looking ones kept a certain feeling of realism and you could say "Yeah I can buy it" no problem)? Forget it, now you got much fancier/ridiculous/disproportionate looking ones.

Yeah, I kinda felt that way especially with the tutorial in that village at the start. I've started all the campaigns in NWN2 but didn't get hooked. I liked the addition of new classes though. I especially liked the warlock. The variations of the spells were fun to experiment with.

It's not a bad game imo, for those who never played its predecessor, or even as a standalone game, after all. But for those who did, like me, kinda feels a letdown.

Well, I will probably try to get few of my friends to play it with me during holidays. One of the coolest features of the older cRPGs in my opinion was the ability to play co-op with friends in the campaign. I can probably get past a lot of its issues doing that.

Man, I want a true sequel for that game, I was so disappointed by MWN2 and so sad when I got to know they made a f2p MMOPRG based on the franchise.

Me too, even though I'm not sure if its possible. I was pretty disappointed with the MMO, mostly because it kept the style of NVN2. Although, I'd like to see Obsidian's take on NVN with the experience they got making Pillars of Eternity. I think they would do a way better job on the sequel if they made it now.

Honestly, I'd love a sequel to any great, old cRPG. Especially a proper Dungeon Siege one. Dungeon Siege3 was even more disappointing for me than NVN2. Baldur's Gate 3 would be amazing too.

Speaking of old cRPGs, I'll probably go replay DS2 and NVN1 over the next few weeks.

Top Bottom