• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Holy god Synxes are creepy... And yet somehow, I think they're awesome too. The whole "they don't have bones" thing is strangely cool to me.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Went to parents evening last night at Jessica's high school. Turns out her design work is being used to "inspire and educate" those currently doing their GCSEs (she's in year 8) and that her music teacher will hunt her down and gut her like a fish if she doesn't continue with music in one form or another. Her art teacher wishes she could do A-Level art now and her English teacher is going to apply for Jessica to be moved up a class despite her maths grade not being high enough (for some reason the two are tied, which I think is uber dumb). Finally, her science teacher is grading her at GCSE level already as she is the only one in her year group with the capacity to manage it.

Child's head is already HUGE - could do without all the "I'm a genius now so I don't have to tidy my room" shizzle :laugh:

KRSkull

CT: I know that Marvel and DC are rivals sort of but what if Captain America and Wonder Woman teamed up? i mean they both represent the same thing.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Should I be worried how naturally I write creepy stuff? Lately I have written: several demons, a murderer, and a few sociopathic humans. And it's been much easier to write them and get into their heads and think like them
than normal characters. ._.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Should I be worried how naturally I write creepy stuff? Lately I have written: several demons, a murderer, and a few sociopathic humans. And it's been much easier to write them and get into their heads and think like them
than normal characters. ._.

Nah, this is the way I see it: there are method actors, and so I believe there are likewise method writers. I think it's brilliant that you can do the creepy stuff like that; hell, maybe you'll be the next Anne Rice or Stephen King. ^_^

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Child's head is already HUGE - could do without all the "I'm a genius now so I don't have to tidy my room" shizzle :laugh:
I'm sure you'll have her keep a level head on her shoulders. Even advanced children have to keep a room tidy.:wink: If she does start taking science GCSEs early, make sure you're there for her. It can be a pretty weird experience depending on how the school handles it.

Taking GCSEs early though can be a good thing. At least you get another shot at it if you don't get the grades you want and more time to study for GCSEs taken at the normal time. Good luck to her if she does take science early.:D

I remember when I was doing a few of mine in year 9 and there were others taking early GCSEs with me. One was a nutty fruitcake type of natural genius who studied Latin and pure maths at A-level for fun, so he made the lessons more interesting with games like memorising Pi to as many decimal places as we could or reciting passages from the Bible and then guessing exactly which section of the Bible they came from, right down to the chapter and verse number. One day, we decided to talk in a mixture of languages to block the teacher out of our conversation. :laugh: Those were some fun but weird times.

That leads me on to my current thought after working with some advanced children today: I don't think the school
considers the child's feelings on matters like these and only think of making themselves look good. They're 7 years old and split off from their peers. It's detrimental for a child to be cut off like that. At 7, they should be learning social skills and making friends. Advanced classes should come later, unless they want a bunch of emotionally and socially stunted children. I've already got one girl in the group terrified of making even a single mistake in her work. :facepalm:

The academy I attended was very good at self-aggrandisement at the cost of pupils social, personal and emotional development. All they wanted were pupils taking advanced lessons, taking exams years early, attending the gifted and talented academy and then on to either Oxford or Cambridge. I was like a conveyor belt factory for grades in a quest to get even more parents bankrolling them and even more awards from the government. They certainly succeeded in achieving that goal. :vomit:
Then they'd take the credit for it while ignoring the fact that pupils being naturally bright and from advantaged backgrounds had everything to do with the success. :shifty:

And now I'm rambling, and just typing as I'm thinking. I'll stop now:laugh:

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
I'm wondering how unbelievably awkward it would be to find out that the kids over the road are members of our forums.

I mean, it's not entirely impossible.

Would just be...weird.
when you ban them they start having a go at you saying they will kill you then you just stroll right over there and slap them XD they just sit there going "why'd you do it, why'd you do it"

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
So after like three weeks of not playing an indoor game we had a pretty decent showing, we lost but we played pretty hard and I took a pretty hard shot to the stomach. Most importantly I broke my two session streak of almost getting a goal.........too bad I scored on my own team...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Thinking: after a very belated Shrove Tuesday, I have decided, along with my friends, that my pancakes look a little weird, but they taste great. :tongue:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Nah, this is the way I see it: there are method actors, and so I believe there are likewise method writers. I think it's brilliant that you can do the creepy stuff like that; hell, maybe you'll be the next Anne Rice or Stephen King. ^_^

Hmm, that's a good point. I never thought of it that way. :blush: Aww, thank you. I think, tbh, it's just really confusing how my style jumps from fandom to fandom (very embellished and descriptive in one to only what needs to be known in another, etc.) and yet the creepiness factor stays the same. Maybe I should become a horror writer.... o_O

Thinking:
Ear medicine seems to be working. Yay!
+ Well...this is starting out depressing...guess I'll have to do some rewriting later. :shifty:

Top Bottom