• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitchy!!! *whimpers* :hungover: Stupid, friggen itchy ear! *hates ear infections*

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hmm, that's a good point. I never thought of it that way. :blush: Aww, thank you. I think, tbh, it's just really confusing how my style jumps from fandom to fandom (very embellished and descriptive in one to only what needs to be known in another, etc.) and yet the creepiness factor stays the same. Maybe I should become a horror writer.... o_O

Thinking:
Ear medicine seems to be working. Yay!
+ Well...this is starting out depressing...guess I'll have to do some rewriting later. :shifty:

The creepy factor aside, I think I do the same thing; over-the-top, fully detailed at points, and direct and to the point in others...usually in different chapters of the same story, depending on the mood of said chapter (or my mood, in general).

If you do become one, I bet you'll be amazing.

I'm considering making an attempt at darker, more violent themes (thank you, Ieyasu for the encouragement!) because I have next to no experience in that form of writing. I think it's somewhat outside of my comfort zone, like I can't stand to hurt the characters too much...but I think if I move passed that, I might tap into some powerful stuff.

Best of luck rewriting what you're working on; I hope it winds up satisfactory for you. ^^

CT: Speaking of darker themes, the next chapter ought to have that heaviness to it, given the events that need to play out. Now, just to put myself in that frame of mind...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
CT: so proud of Jake today. He saw a fire engine in town and wanted to take a closer look - the firemen offered him the chance to sit in the engine for a bit and he didn't scream or hit out even once. He just said "yes" very quietly and climbed into the cab to play for a while - and then when he was done, he very calmly said "thank you", climbed down and got back into his buggy. I was expecting tantrums, meltdowns and a lot of punching so it was a lovely change.
y0i3DMZ.jpg

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The creepy factor aside, I think I do the same thing; over-the-top, fully detailed at points, and direct and to the point in others...usually in different chapters of the same story, depending on the mood of said chapter (or my mood, in general).

If you do become one, I bet you'll be amazing.

I'm considering making an attempt at darker, more violent themes (thank you, Ieyasu for the encouragement!) because I have next to no experience in that form of writing. I think it's somewhat outside of my comfort zone, like I can't stand to hurt the characters too much...but I think if I move passed that, I might tap into some powerful stuff.

Best of luck rewriting what you're working on; I hope it winds up satisfactory for you. ^^

CT: Speaking of darker themes, the next chapter ought to have that heaviness to it, given the events that need to play out. Now, just to put myself in that frame of mind...

Yay, I'm not the only one! =D *gets some really weird looks for her changes in writing style*
Thankies. ^^;
If it interests you, you should try it! =) *thinks it's always fun to try new things with writing* I know what you mean about comfort zones, though. I don't mind hurting most characters in a fic, but, if I really like them, I always have a hard time of it. *just tries to take it slow, starting with minor incidents then working up to big things like death*
Thank you! Not sure how much I'll rewrite. :S It sounds in character, but I'm unsure why both characters aren't getting along and so.... *puzzled* Good luck with your writing as well! ^^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitchy!!! *whimpers* :hungover: Stupid, friggen itchy ear! *hates ear infections*

I'm getting those a lot lately too...

CT: Right, I think I'll get the laptop into town this week (I'll have to start moving some stuff over to the portable drive... I can't be ar$ed, but it needs doing).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hungreeeee....but it's a tad too late to start nomming now. Glass of water and try to sleep off the hunger pangs, methinks

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That is the first chapter, for this story, that I've finished writing in one day.

Proof-reading and editing can wait until tomorrow, however; I'm plum tuckered out. :dead:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I wish people wouldn't tell me their nightmares, especially when I'm in them and/or I've asked to not hear them. I don't believe talking about nightmares makes them not affect you any longer. I more of hold to the belief that talking about them encourages them to happen. :/ I'd really rather not have a nightmare about me come true.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I hate cleaning but after an internet photo comparison between my kitchen and my friend's whose mom collects crazy amounts of doll house stuff and apparently leaves it all set up on the tables and corners of every room, mine still comes off the worse for being littered with art/work crap. And it was suggested I should fix it with gasoline and matches. So I cleaned.

I'm also touched/surprised at how many bday wishes I've been getting from strangers or people I don't even know that well online compared to what I know I'll get IRL.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I hate cleaning but after an internet photo comparison between my kitchen and my friend's whose mom collects crazy amounts of doll house stuff and apparently leaves it all set up on the tables and corners of every room, mine still comes off the worse for being littered with art/work crap. And it was suggested I should fix it with gasoline and matches. So I cleaned.

I'm also touched/surprised at how many bday wishes I've been getting from strangers or people I don't even know that well online compared to what I know I'll get IRL.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ^^

Thinking:
Do I say yes and beta the story despite not knowing anything about one of the fandoms it's about because they were reall nice...or do I not because of Camp NaNo being next month?

Reactions: V
Top Bottom