• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It's fine. She's the girl who threatened to kill herself because the guy she liked dated me. I've been wanting to unfriend her but never had the heart to because no one at school likes her. At least I don't have to deal with her whiny, bitchy, self-righteous attitude anymore.

Ah. Oh dear...that's actually kinda...awful. The killing herself thing. *has never understood people who want to die because someone they liked likes someone else* But I suppose it is a plus that you don't have to deal with her anymore. It's always great when you aren't the one to have to say goodbye or that your not someone's friend anymore. Though some people ought to be more tactful about it. Sorry if this is ramble-y. ^^;

Atlas

Passion of hatred
It's fine. She's the girl who threatened to kill herself because the guy she liked dated me. I've been wanting to unfriend her but never had the heart to because no one at school likes her. At least I don't have to deal with her whiny, bitchy, self-righteous attitude anymore.

Best kinda girl out there! Lol. I know someone like that, "Well known because we hate you, not that we hate you because your well know.."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
nothing says procrastinated bed time like beef ramen and amusing yourself by trying to come up with the cheesiest puns possible in your head.

i'd post one but they've gotten pretty rotten.

Aww, but seeing as cheese is made of mold it can't be too bad. >_>

Thinking:
If a demon (who's technically a shade) makes friends with a gargoyle is that bad? Cuz...I wanted them to hate each other but the more I write the more buddy-buddy they get....

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aww, but seeing as cheese is made of mold it can't be too bad. >_>

Thinking:
If a demon (who's technically a shade) makes friends with a gargoyle is that bad? Cuz...I wanted them to hate each other but the more I write the more buddy-buddy they get....

Anything is possible, Shadow. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want, but maybe them being friends could be better than them being enemies. Right?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Anything is possible, Shadow. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want, but maybe them being friends could be better than them being enemies. Right?

True. ^^ Thankies, DT. I was worried it'd be...odd. But it is kinda nice to see them be friends...even if they're constantly poking jabs at each other. >_>

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
True. ^^ Thankies, DT. I was worried it'd be...odd. But it is kinda nice to see them be friends...even if they're constantly poking jabs at each other. >_>

Hey, I had a human guy fall in love with a fox woman. XD A telepath no less, so she knew everything he thought. Was an awkward, but funny relationship to write.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hey, I had a human guy fall in love with a fox woman. XD A telepath no less, so she knew everything he thought. Was an awkward, but funny relationship to write.

Haha! XD That sounds awesome (and funny). But...strangely, I can see how it'd work. :p Fox woman...d'you mean like a werefox or...someone half fox and half human? *curious now* I think the gragoyle might fall in love with the shade's cat...it's acting very odd to the poor thing. Or I'm half asleep and everything seems weird.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante and Vergil haven't even lost limbs to my knowledge. You would of thought they would considering they are half human.

Anything is illogical in terms on fiction. Millions of people have a problem with 'illogical' things in terms of plot. I don't need to chill at all.

Point one: no, they've never lost any limbs. Dante has lost the use of his one arm during his fight with alternate universe Mundus in the DMC2 novel though. Like, his arm was completely mutilated and useless, and he was even mentally preparing himself for death because he recognised his human limitations and that he wasn't going to win the fight with only one arm.

As for the illogical/logical things about fiction, I completely agree with you LoD. Fiction is no place for people who are focussed on the scientific (and thus 'logical') aspects of fiction.

aka958

Don't trust people
It isn't logical in regards to Dante and Vergil. You're talking about Sparda, I am not. Dante and Vergil appear to heal as quickly as Sparda did (Or at least instantaneously). Dante and Vergil haven't even lost limbs to my knowledge. You would of thought they would considering they are half human. Logically half human and half demon would work out as weaker than full demon. Dante fights for the good of mankind, making it mean he will surpass his father's powers. HOW? How I ask you. Dante is half human and half demon. Sparda rebelled and saved humanity, he became a Legend. Sparda fought for good more so than Dante, as Dante has not achieved as much as his father had.

Anything is illogical in terms on fiction. Millions of people have a problem with 'illogical' things in terms of plot. I don't need to chill at all.

I was talking about Sparda, yeah. Spardas regeneration surpassed Dante's and Vergil. Which gets to our point, they have lesser regeneration.
That's one of the reasons why Arkham wants the power of Sparda, because it is a great power. Sparda isn't a legend just because of skill but his powers were greater than we've seen of Dante and Vergil.
As I said before it is GREATER than that of Dante's and Vergil.
Sparda's regeneration >>>>> Dante's and Vergil's.
So what's illogical? Sparda having the superior regeneration since he is the father, durr?

Atlas

Passion of hatred
I was talking about Sparda, yeah. Spardas regeneration surpassed Dante's and Vergil. Which gets to our point, they have lesser regeneration.
That's one of the reasons why Arkham wants the power of Sparda, because it is a great power. Sparda isn't a legend just because of skill but his powers were greater than we've seen of Dante and Vergil.
So what's illogical? Sparda having the superior regeneration since he is the father, durr?
Sparda : "disregard females, obtain currency" x3

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Seems that someone can't enter a Thread without picking up on one particular thing and quoting every single reply. I'll do the same then, since you'll just end up quoting this anyway. You're not making a point. You're making a point against my point, and you don't understand my point. It would of been wise to just simply let me have my opinion, since I would of done you the exact same favour. Now I know you always stick up for your point and everything and I respect that. What I don't respect is when I say something and someone such as yourself has to keep on about it. I've had this with lots of members here, not just you. Quite frankly, it's irritating. If I've ever had to get into a debate with someone about something, I've never used words like "Chill it" and "Durr". For me to chill out it would propose that I was warm, heated with some certain rage. I was not. And for you to use the word "Durr" is downgrading and quite frankly if insulting my intellect for me having an opinion is a clever thing to do then I guess we're all stupid then.

Your point is all about how Sparda is powerful and how he regenerates quicker than his sons. I knew that to begin with, I have paid attention to Devil May Cry. In fact, I think that's why I joined these Forums, because I paid attention to most things about Devil May Cry and had gathered a general understanding about it. No I definitely don't know everything about it, far from it. I know your basic level of understanding something. Most of the story and back-story and the characters and what happened/happens with them.

What Dante's Stalker said I can relate to because it answers my question. Also it does so in a way that doesn't try to insult or downgrade me and is one I'd be more than happy to reply to without going into so much detail about how she was clearly just trying to rile me up and get me to that lukewarm frustrated state of mind. If any time is an appropriate time for me to have to "chill out", it'd probably be right now.

Point one: no, they've never lost any limbs. Dante has lost the use of his one arm during his fight with alternate universe Mundus in the DMC2 novel though. Like, his arm was completely mutilated and useless, and he was even mentally preparing himself for death because he recognised his human limitations and that he wasn't going to win the fight with only one arm.

Thanks for making that point clear to me Dante's Stalker. I didn't think Dante fought Mundus in Devil May Cry 2? I would like to read that some day. Shows me 'logically' that Dante can't regenerate as quickly as his father and clears up my problem with that fact of the story which I personally deem as 'illogical'. Durr.

aka958

Don't trust people
Seems that someone can't enter a Thread without picking up on one particular thing and quoting every single reply. I'll do the same then, since you'll just end up quoting this anyway. You're not making a point. You're making a point against my point, and you don't understand my point. It would of been wise to just simply let me have my opinion, since I would of done you the exact same favour. Now I know you always stick up for your point and everything and I respect that. What I don't respect is when I say something and someone such as yourself has to keep on about it. I've had this with lots of members here, not just you. Quite frankly, it's irritating. If I've ever had to get into a debate with someone about something, I've never used words like "Chill it" and "Durr". For me to chill out it would propose that I was warm, heated with some certain rage. I was not. And for you to use the word "Durr" is downgrading and quite frankly if insulting my intellect for me having an opinion is a clever thing to do then I guess we're all stupid then.

Your point is all about how Sparda is powerful and how he regenerates quicker than his sons. I knew that to begin with, I have paid attention to Devil May Cry. In fact, I think that's why I joined these Forums, because I paid attention to most things about Devil May Cry and had gathered a general understanding about it. No I definitely don't know everything about it, far from it. I know your basic level of understanding something. Most of the story and back-story and the characters and what happened/happens with them.

What Dante's Stalker said I can relate to because it answers my question. Also it does so in a way that doesn't try to insult or downgrade me and is one I'd be more than happy to reply to without going into so much detail about how she was clearly just trying to rile me up and get me to that lukewarm frustrated state of mind. If any time is an appropriate time for me to have to "chill out", it'd probably be right now.

Thanks for making that point clear to me Dante's Stalker. I didn't think Dante fought Mundus in Devil May Cry 2? I would like to read that some day. Shows me 'logically' that Dante can't regenerate as quickly as his father and clears up my problem with that fact of the story which I personally deem as 'illogical'. Durr.

You have your opinion, but you seriously are using it in an argument. I used my points against it, because you had vital flaws in your opinion.
Yet still you said they shouldn't regenerate as fast as they do because they are just halflings. But they don't even reach the same speed of regeneration so why you use that as an argument is beyond me. Sure you can use something as an argument then pile it up as "just an opinion" as fast as someone says something against it?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You have your opinion, but you seriously are using it in an argument. I used my points against it, because you had vital flaws in your opinion.
Yet still you said they shouldn't regenerate as fast as they do because they are just halflings. But they don't even reach the same speed of regeneration so why you use that as an argument is beyond me. Sure you can use something as an argument then pile it up as "just an opinion" as fast as someone says something against it?

I never used anything as an argument. Where you got that from is totally beyond me. All you're doing is trolling. It's as plain as the light of day. I came here and posted a point. My point. It was my opinion. Yes it does seem they regenerate just as quickly, to me at least. That's where my point rested. I never argued against anyone about it, I never even addressed anyone about it. You chose to pick up on my point and make remarks as to how my opinion was 'wrong' or 'flawed'. My opinion is neither wrong nor is it flawed. It's my opinion. To me, it's right. To you, it could be wrong, but you can't tell me that it's wrong. Doing so is disrespectful against my opinion. I have the right to think and feel however I want, as do you. I don't argue against you for doing so, so I see no reason as to why you would do so to me. You have this annoying habit or trying to get under everyone else's skin about things. If you fail to understand someone's point or accept it you deem it as 'flawed' or 'wrong' and criticise it. You turn something that isn't an argument into an argument by claiming it already was an argument. I think you need to understand the difference between an argument and someone saying something that you disagree with and make into an argument.

This never was an argument and never will be an argument. I've been making points, not arguing. If you want to continue quoting me and claiming how I was 'wrong' or whatever and how I was only coming here to argue with everyone when I wasn't, then please do so. I won't be replying after this because it seems utterly pointless in doing so.

I'm thinking about how much of a waste of time posting this really was when I could of been doing something so much better than having to explain myself when I shouldn't have to.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Guys, take it to PMs or VMs and stop clogging the poor WAYT thread. D:

This is future reference for everyone, by the way. The WAYT thread shouldn't really be for debating things.

Reactions: Meg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Guys, take it to PMs or VMs and stop clogging the poor WAYT thread. D:

This is future reference for everyone, by the way. The WAYT thread shouldn't really be for debating things.

I know this, hence why I've stopped replying. There's no need for comments relating furthermore to what happened, it just makes this worse.

People love to get involved. Next time anyone has an issue with anything, comment the person first instead of replying in a topic and leading it out of control. That applies to me also, but I'm happy to do that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Going to go and see my girlfriend now. Hopefully the doctors can help her with her infection.

Top Bottom