• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@LoD: Don't get too upset about it. The people who have some level of intellect and maturity understood your plea, have taken your post into consideration, swallowed their childish retorts, and moved on to other discussions with clarity of mind when posting. The people who are STILL posting in that thread are:

1 - trolls! I'm pretty sure they've taken the thread way off topic and waged flame wars in there
2 - immature. Now we know who the real children are.

Anyone else who wants to pride themselves in being adult and civil about the reboot, GTFO of that thread. It's turned into a children's playground - why are you still in there?!

That thread has been at the top of the board for quite a while when really it should have gone down to the bottom by now. I think you've got a good idea to ask the staff to just go lock the darn thing, LoD.

Vergil'sB*tch;278158 said:
I've only got faves on FFN, no one has reviewed my work...

M.I.A.
Missing in Action... LOL!!! Nice one Cv

:lol::lol::lol:
Hope you like it so far. If you want anything changed or something specific added, lemme know ok? ^_^

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Vergil'sB*tch;278151 said:
That must mean DSC id offline too.

Maybe. I found out about it around 2:10(Here) which a post on the FreeForums.org Server Status post about it was posted 10 minutes before... And it said NOT ALL would be offline. Just some... So maybe DSC is still up. Have no idea, though.

aka958

Don't trust people
Chloe_Ryder;278162 said:
@LoD: Don't get too upset about it. The people who have some level of intellect and maturity understood your plea, have taken your post into consideration, swallowed their childish retorts, and moved on to other discussions with clarity of mind when posting.

Again with the opinions! He did throw some really opinionated stuff in his post stating them as fact. Some people get upset over it, even though you think it is a small thing.

Seriously, they may be hot headed but calling people immature because of things like high values is just... bah! Why do I even bother?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Another Nite runner pic finished.

Chloe: Will do.
Nic: I can get onto it, so it maybe working. Haven't tried posting on it yet though

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Vergil'sB*tch;278174 said:
Nic: I can get onto it, so it maybe working. Haven't tried posting on it yet though

Actually, I just checked, and Capax Infiniti is back up and running again! Which means that all the other FreeForum.org forums are working again. :D

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chloe_Ryder;278162 said:
@LoD: Don't get too upset about it. The people who have some level of intellect and maturity understood your plea, have taken your post into consideration, swallowed their childish retorts, and moved on to other discussions with clarity of mind when posting. The people who are STILL posting in that thread are:

1 - trolls! I'm pretty sure they've taken the thread way off topic and waged flame wars in there

Anyone else who wants to pride themselves in being adult and civil about the reboot, GTFO of that thread. It's turned into a children's playground - why are you still in there?!

That thread has been at the top of the board for quite a while when really it should have gone down to the bottom by now. I think you've got a good idea to ask the staff to just go lock the darn thing, LoD.
I think I know what thread you talk about and I did the mistake of making my first post there some minutes ago. >_<
So I'm either a troll or immature. :(

;)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Hmmm, i wonder if someone on the forum would be a victim... i mean do me a favor.
If they could write a bit of sloppy mush and are familiar with Nite-Runner would help. And someone mature that can write from Vergil's POV would help....

If anyone wants to help, please PM me.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;278167 said:
Again with the opinions! He did throw some really opinionated stuff in his post stating them as fact. Some people get upset over it, even though you think it is a small thing.

Seriously, they may be hot headed but calling people immature because of things like high values is just... bah! Why do I even bother?

Well, see, I understand that there are a lot of fans in uproar about the reboot. But considering all the information slowly leaking out about the reboot, and the fact that(and this IS a fact) none of us know ANYTHING about this game, it was immature and unnecessary for some people to react the way they did and short of slander the game because of assumptions and invalid conclusions. And I'm sure, as we come to know a little bit more about the game in time, that those people will admit that their initial reaction was pretty childish.

There are fans here who look at the reboot in a mature and logical way. If you love a game, you LOVE a game, and you will give it a chance even if the trailer did kind of make your heart want to commit suicide, simply because you have devoted your finances and time to this franchise and you are a major fan of the franchise. Then there are the fans who are upset that they're not getting what they wanted, and short of flame the fans who accept this new game readily and call them 'fake fans' or whatever. Now you tell me, aka, is that really mature?

CT: OMG, I love how you believe I'm completely incompetent. THERE IS NO FUDGING 841 WORD DOCUMENT! I already typed in search for it. IT'S NOT THERE. IT'S NOWHERE. FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE, why do you have to **** me off today babe? WHY? I'm not an idiot! It's not fudging THERE!

I so want to facepalm him right now. He's lucky he's at work or I might have thrown something at him.

...I need more sleep.

aka958

Don't trust people
Chloe_Ryder;278202 said:
Well, see, I understand that there are a lot of fans in uproar about the reboot. But considering all the information slowly leaking out about the reboot, and the fact that(and this IS a fact) none of us know ANYTHING about this game, it was immature and unnecessary for some people to react the way they did and short of slander the game because of assumptions and invalid conclusions. And I'm sure, as we come to know a little bit more about the game in time, that those people will admit that their initial reaction was pretty childish.

There are fans here who look at the reboot in a mature and logical way. If you love a game, you LOVE a game, and you will give it a chance even if the trailer did kind of make your heart want to commit suicide, simply because you have devoted your finances and time to this franchise and you are a major fan of the franchise. Then there are the fans who are upset that they're not getting what they wanted, and short of flame the fans who accept this new game readily and call them 'fake fans' or whatever. Now you tell me, aka, is that really mature?

CT: OMG, I love how you believe I'm completely incompetent. THERE IS NO FUDGING 841 WORD DOCUMENT! I already typed in search for it. IT'S NOT THERE. IT'S NOWHERE. FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE, why do you have to **** me off today babe? WHY? I'm not an idiot! It's not fudging THERE!

I so want to facepalm him right now. He's lucky he's at work or I might have thrown something at him.

...I need more sleep.

See? Let's face some things, to many fans the DMC series was more than just a game. A story they left to rot and characters that they hoped for years would come back did not. It may have the gameplay we love and maybe it's even more enhanced, but it isn't the character that defines DMC. It isn't the original Dante, it will never be. It isn't the same anymore, it's like taking an orange and call it an apple when it isn't. Everyone hoped for that apple but is getting an orange, of course many get ****ed. But others thinks that the orange is still a fruit, who knows? We haven't tasted it before, it might just well be the same fruit we had before, all we've seen is the looks of it.

The looks plays a huge part. Even the DMC4's first trailers of Dante smashing a video cam was Dante and his style even though it didn't look that good.

So, calling people immature for not accepting change is... immature. Let them, they have their reasons as you have yours. Is it really that hard to keep away from insults towards others opinions?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why the hell is this argument spilling into places it doesn't need to?

Seriously, take it to PMs or VMs. I don't want any of that sh!t where I can see it. I'm fed up with it.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
We knew it was gonna happen...
I'm so fed up...

Giving a Policeman a 'wet willy' is assault...
Never knew that

Meg

Chloe_Ryder;278162 said:

HEY HEY HEY! I still post in that thread. ;_; Of course my posts consist of :p, :lol: ,and =]

I'm trying to prevent anything else from breaking out since things HAVE quieted down a bit, but stuff could happen at any second. Sooo I go in post my :p ,:lol: ,and =] and then more people make jokes and there ya go! Mission accomplished. ^_^

@Aka- I think you're getting the wrong idea here. I don't think anyone is calling the people that don't accept change immature. There is nothing wrong with that, but the way some people are handling it is immature. On both sides actually.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
meg127;278212 said:
HEY HEY HEY! I still post in that thread. ;_; Of course my posts consist of :p, :lol: ,and =]

I'm trying to prevent anything else from breaking out since things HAVE quieted down a bit, but stuff could happen at any second. Sooo I go in post my :p ,:lol: ,and =] and then more people make jokes and there ya go! Mission accomplished. ^_^

@Aka- I think you're getting the wrong idea here. I don't think anyone is calling the people that don't accept change immature. There is nothing wrong with that, but the way some people are handling it is immature. On both sides actually.

Which is kinda why I'm just staying away from the whole mess. I honestly dunno where I stand, so I refuse to get caught in the crossfire :p

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;278206 said:
Why the hell is this argument spilling into places it doesn't need to?

Seriously, take it to PMs or VMs. I don't want any of that sh!t where I can see it. I'm fed up with it.

XD XD XD

Duuuuuuuddddeeeeeee. If your fed up with it, why do you even bother reading it?
Getting fed up over other people's arguments is just... laughable.

You don't need to write it all the time, you know, someone might be fed up with you complaining over other people arguing. XD XD XD

Soon... XD sooon people will XD get annoyed XD by other people opening their mouths! XD XD XD XD XD

You really know how to make me laugh DT. Keep up the good work man. ^_^

meg127;278212 said:

O_O
*hugs*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Again I'm not calling people immature for not accepting change, I'm calling them immature for reacting like it's the end of the friggin world. I get where they're coming from, but a lot of harsh words that were exchanged on the boards could have been avoided if they didn't rip out their pitchforks when someone else said they had a different opinion to theirs. It's immature of people to attack others who do readily accept change. No one (as far as I know) who is pro-DmC has gone back to tell the raging fans that they're wrong to feel the way they do. We all feel it because we're all fans, so throwing accusations around that the 'fake' fans are judgemental on the 'real' fans petitioning against this new game is uncalled for. I'm just as deterred by this brunette smoker as everybody else, but that doesn't mean I'm going throw all my toys out the cot because it's not what I expected to see. The people who have been going around stating that it's just a game and that people need to remember that never had the intention to upset the 'real' fans even more by telling them 'this is okay and you should just accept it'. It was meant to defuse the atomic bombs dropping all over the boards because 'it's not Dante!' We're all here because we have a common interest, and we're all on the same side, we're all fans and we're all also people with feelings. The 'fake' fans are just as ****ed about the new look for Dante as the rest, so being accused of not really being fans and being idiots for accepting this game or giving it a chance smacks of immaturity.

And I'm using the 'fake' and 'real' fan terms because I, along with several other members who were eager for this game from the moment the trailer was released, were called 'fake' fans because we didn't join in the charade of fanrage.

-edit-
And I got thoroughly ninja'd by everyone. It's not an argument DT. I'm not getting mad and I'm hoping aka isn't either, we're just discussing a topic.

@Meg: I don't know what's going on in that thread, all I know is that people were loading their fanrage when I last posted in it so I hightailed it outta there and am not planning on going back. That and I've heard several members complain about trolls and flames happening in there.

Meg

@Aka-Uncalled for. It would be better to message someone about it if they say something that annoys you. Or ignore it all together. :lol: Just cause its an easy way to keep threads happy. ^_^

Tonks;278213 said:
Which is kinda why I'm just staying away from the whole mess. I honestly dunno where I stand, so I refuse to get caught in the crossfire :p

Well right everyone is making jokes about how many nails are in the DmC coffin. The last argument forgotten. Mission accomplished! :D

EDIT: *returns Aka's hug even though has no idea why is being hugged in the first place*

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;278217 said:
@Aka-Uncalled for. It would be better to message someone about it if they say something that annoys you. Or ignore it all together. :lol: Just cause its an easy way to keep threads happy. ^_^

Well right everyone is making jokes about how many nails are in the DmC coffin. The last argument forgotten. Mission accomplished! :D

EDIT: *returns Aka's hug even though has no idea why is being hugged in the first place*

Yeah, he should've just messaged me or Chloe about it instead of posting he was fed up with the arguing. Totally uncalled for. :p

That hug was for you saying something I've tried to say.

@Chloe: You messages didn't suggest that. You may have given small hints but I was not able to see them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;278221 said:
@Chloe: You messages didn't suggest that. You may have given small hints but I was not able to see them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

:huh: Whut?

Okay, never mind.

CT: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I :wub: Dante. :D

Top Bottom