• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just swore off the DMC section of reddit. With JYB replacing Reuben Langdon there's been this whole thing where people have been chastising Langdon for his views. It started with the vaccine and moved on to transphobia. I don't know if any of it is true nor do I care. Political and personal stances are to each their own. I've only spoke to Langdon online so I have no horse in this race but if I knew he'd say something I don't agree with I would stand for his right to speech and his opinion. Even if I don't agree with it I believe in his right to have it.

I saw conversations where people were getting very vicious about their opinions and just moved on to other threads. Things took a turn when I was trying to post on a thread about Langdon deserving respect because of what he's done for the series and before I clicked my response the new mod had locked the thread. I didn't know the mod had left a response because I just clicked away; not until just a little bit ago when I saw someone posted a pic of it on another thread and the new mod basically said that Langdon's opinions were dangerous and anyone with wrong thinking opinions wasn't welcome. Specifically, homophobes, transphones, anti-vaxers and MEGA weren't welcome there. Honestly, I thought it was fake but I found the original and it's what they said and I've seen this rhetoric before. Basically, to them these are interchangeable and all equally grievous.

Said mod posted another response on a different thread they locked, too, which was made them come off as more reasonable and, frankly, should've been the first one, but since they made their stance that those who wrong think can f'*k right off first I decided to leave that page. I didn't delete my account since I only really post on the Criterion page but I can see the painting on the wall and I'm just going to abandon ship. I wasn't the only one. A lot of people just left, too, but they went by giving the place the middle finger.

One thing that sealed the deal for me what that on the second post I saw from the new mod they point out that the first and last rule of the page specifically state no bigotry and no politics. When the first thing I see from this person is an obviously political and even hateful post towards a huge subset of the nation they specified they lived it I know I'm better off leaving. If I have to specify my diversity points just to have value in my opinion, which they did, then that place is not worth being in.

And people warned me that reddit was garbage, too. I've had good experienced there, too, so I'll just go to the pages where this isn't an issue. Why can't we have nice things?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

this unused concept art of Chico from Mgs5 is the real phantom pain.

he should've gotten a spinoff ie a new metal gear rising?

Last edited:

Taramafor

I'm thinking that people DIE ONLINE from lack of communciaiton when abusive mods blindly follow rules.

Which is confirmed by mods and admins that LISTEN to me.

You do NOT know better the someone that talks to therapists and cops. People die online commonly from blindly following rules and going "You were warned". yet watch as abusive mods ignore YOUR warnings at every turn and INTEND to avoid communication.

I call bullshit on that. I. Call. Bullshit.

People know they could help. But who even tries? So maybe, just maybe I China has heavy gaming restrictions because people IGNORE ONLINE ABUSE.

To be clear I'm not saying abuse itself is the problem. IGNORING it is. That's the problem.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Where has the year gone, it is nearly october already. I know we kind of lost track of time for a few months after my wife had open surgery last december and a major health scare but is way better now thank god. Though even outside of that it feels like i blinked and half a year plus flew by.

Absolute craziness.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As a super normie when it comes to Lord of the Rings, I must say that everything surrounding the upcoming anime film based on Tolkien's world looks cool and I hope that it is both good and inspires more High Fantasy than the shlock of D&D we've been getting in the last ten years or so. :unsure:

The-Lord-of-the-Rings-1.png

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Metaphor Refantiazio's demo is great and ill pick up the main game after i beat my current load- mgsv, jedi survivor and hellblade.

but it does give deja vu to Persona in the archetypes system and how its awakened.

i do like the scholar More and Academia over the velvet room attendants. They fill the same role but More feels more tied to the main story than the Velvet room often does.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Mortal kombat 1 may be the best side scrolling 3d fighting game i have ever played.

It is certainly the most graphically gorgeous, especially on an xbox series X in 4k on my samsung QN95D

All i can say is, Wow

Taramafor

I'm thining Dante ****ed up with good intentions.

He almost had Nero living as a coward running away from his problems.

Nero had a happy ending. A lot of people don't. This is why I teach people to fight their own battles. Virgil has a better idea there.

Run away from your problems and you'll only live in fear.

Top Bottom