• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain
After thinking about, I'd say P5 would've benefited from the saga approach. Having Royal, Tactica and q2 as sequels to the base game like Strikers would've been more appealing. I'm hoping the mobile game is set in a bad future for p5. The new team has to succeed where the original Phantom Thieves failed.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain
After thinking about, I'd say P5 would've benefited from the saga approach. Having Royal, Tactica and q2 as sequels to the base game like Strikers would've been more appealing. I'm hoping the mobile game is set in a bad future for p5. The new team has to succeed where the original Phantom Thieves failed.
Interesting.

I should point out that the reason why the games stopped having an overarching story after P2 is because between P2 and P3 there was a massive turnover of staff in the persona team and the newer devs didn't want to touch the characters written by other people out of respect, which is why P3 was effectively a soft reboot.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Interesting.

I should point out that the reason why the games stopped having an overarching story after P2 is because between P2 and P3 there was a massive turnover of staff in the persona team and the newer devs didn't want to touch the characters written by other people out of respect, which is why P3 was effectively a soft reboot.
I know and I'm fine with that. I don't mind having the original cast pop up but it's not essential. I wonder why they kept Igor and the velvet room then. The Velvet room tends to be an outlier for the stories till 5.

I chose P5 because it's the most episodic conflict while the other two entries felt finite. Although I've seen fanfics that have the P4 team involved in Elizabeth's quest to free P3's protagonist.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wonder why they kept Igor and the velvet room then. The Velvet room tends to be an outlier for the stories till 5.
I imagine it's because Igor isn't really a "character" in the same sense as the rest of the cast. He was just a shopkeeper essentially and wasn't really story relevant until P3 came around. The Velvet Room had to stick around naturally because it's the source of Persona Fusion, but noticeably the Velvet Room attendants other than Igor were removed and replaced with Elizabeth and her siblings from P3 onwards.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wonder if they would use Philemon or Nyarltholep again.
It's a weird case because the director of P4 when asked why Philemon didn't intervene was all like "he's totally still around guys, the save points being blue butterflies proves he's still watching over the heroes".

So I dunno. Philemon definitely should come back after playing through Strikers and having Igor be absent once again because his original VA is deceased and they have him be absent with Lavenza standing in, is getting genuinely tiring after they did that in Q games as well. But as for Nyarlathotep, I wouldn't want to see him brought back just for the sake of it. Better to leave him unsoiled in the best game of the series than to wheel him out for nostalgia.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It's a weird case because the director of P4 when asked why Philemon didn't intervene was all like "he's totally still around guys, the save points being blue butterflies proves he's still watching over the heroes".

So I dunno. Philemon definitely should come back after playing through Strikers and having Igor be absent once again because his original VA is deceased and they have him be absent with Lavenza standing in, is getting genuinely tiring after they did that in Q games as well. But as for Nyarlathotep, I wouldn't want to see him brought back just for the sake of it. Better to leave him unsoiled in the best game of the series than to wheel him out for nostalgia.
I think he could popped up as one of Yaldaboth's prisoners in 5.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Reynatis was announced yesterday for ps4/ps5. My Twitter feed went crazy about it because it reminded them of Verum rex. It looks alright but I'm not feeling the hype yet.

Lost souls aside looks like the more intersecting Versus 13 spiritual sucessor currently.

I would've preffered Verum Rex over KH4 so I guess I'll just wait and see how it turns out.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
TFW you spend all day writing out a job application, but the second you click on submit the website says "oops, looks like we're experiencing an error" and you lose all the hard work you had typed out.

I think that deserves more than a simple "oops". :(

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
TFW you spend all day writing out a job application, but the second you click on submit the website says "oops, looks like we're experiencing an error" and you lose all the hard work you had typed out.

I think that deserves more than a simple "oops". :(
Sorry bruv.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Anyone else here share the occasional feeling that the rush of all the thoughts, ideas, stuff to remember, noise and lights around you just rips your brain apart...?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
When will this cold and rain end, and the storms and blizzards.We are sorry for whatever we did mother nature, please show mercy :LOL:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Presumably because I have been doing a re-watch of the anime "Princess Tutu" lately, combined with the recent discussions over the Persona franchise, but I had a dream about a new Persona "Dancing All Night" game which instead of the typical Pop Idol dancing on stage kinda vibe, was based around ballet instead. The "plot" (in so far as the Dancing games ever have one) was where the Metaverse starts crashing into the real world and so the Phantom Thieves can't simply use violence to kill the Shadows as they have started merging with real humans. Therefore Lavenza uses her powers to allow the Thieves to "steal" the humans out from the Shadows by outdoing them in performances from Ballet pieces.

...I would have bought it. :whistle:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Presumably because I have been doing a re-watch of the anime "Princess Tutu" lately, combined with the recent discussions over the Persona franchise, but I had a dream about a new Persona "Dancing All Night" game which instead of the typical Pop Idol dancing on stage kinda vibe, was based around ballet instead. The "plot" (in so far as the Dancing games ever have one) was where the Metaverse starts crashing into the real world and so the Phantom Thieves can't simply use violence to kill the Shadows as they have started merging with real humans. Therefore Lavenza uses her powers to allow the Thieves to "steal" the humans out from the Shadows by outdoing them in performances from Ballet pieces.

...I would have bought it. :whistle:
You could just have the Thieves target an evil ballet owner. Their palace runs on Ballet rules so the Thieves have to adapt.

Top Bottom