• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Not going to lie, if the supposed leaks about Atlus doing a Persona 4 Remake but are only planning on "remastering" Personas 1 and 2 turns out to be accurate, I will not be pleased and will angrily shake my fist at the sky. :mad:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Id play a Sho centered Shadow Operatives spinoff.

The hack and slash combat of Strikers would be perfect for him.

I remember when he and Elizabeth was rumored to be P5's protagonist. I'm curious how that would've played out.

@Lain
I got into Persona with 3 so I'm curious how the first two stack up. A remake would be great too.

It's hard to get excited for P4r/P3R given Persona's re-release strategy. I rather get sequels instead.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I got into Persona with 3 so I'm curious how the first two stack up. A remake would be great too.
It's hard to compare the games pre-Persona 3 as they might as well be from a different series really - No Social Links, no slice-of-life going to school everyday, and heck in P1 you even have two completely separate Story Routes to go through and at the start of each one you have to pick between a roster of potential Party members with whom you will be locked into for the rest of the game.

That said, despite the difficulties in trying to bring the old games onto the modern systems, I really do think it's worth it as Tadashi Satomi's writing was always leaps and bounds ahead of Katsura Hashino's and I would love for the stories of P1 and P2 to get even a modicum of love from the fanbase as the latter games get.
It's hard to get excited for P4r/P3R given Persona's re-release strategy. I rather get sequels instead.
It's especially frustrating as dataminers have found that there's P3: The Answer stuff on Reload's disc which means that despite Reload supposedly being the "definitive" edition, they're going to lock story content behind a paid DLC wall.

Reactions: Meg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wish my body felt it's age, i am going to be 37 the end of april and there are says where my back pain and body aches make me feel 80 ha ha
Once you hit 25, you might as well bust out the walking stick.

Lol.

@Lain

P2 sounds really interesting in the youtube retrospectives I've watched. So I'll give it a shot when the remastered happens.

Including a reworked version of the Answer in the P3 remake would've been cool.

I don't mind paid dlc, I rather it was new content than old content we should already have.

I'm curious what they'll do with the female protagonist route. I would've preffered her as a new character that joined the Phantom Operatives after p3. It's cleaner to me.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@V's patron

The Persona franchise strikes me as something that ended up suffering from its own success. After the explosive popularity of P3 back in 2006, the games rapidly started to stagnate in both story and gameplay, and we got various cashgrabs like the Dancing and Q games which did little to advance the series. The only side-game that remotely was worth playing was Strikers which was mainly by being a direct sequel to P5. Sadly I doubt anything is going to change soon as despite Hashino's departure as with Wada now in charge of the Persona Team, we immediately got Tactica after Strikers which went right back to being wasteful filler.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The new episode of the grand tour is up and is 137 minutes long, nice wan :giggle:

I think i will watch that and then go to sleep after.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I used to live in NY. I visited NY for my sister's birthday. It's a weird feeling going back.

@Lain
Damn. I hope 6 and metaphor has a better approach to its spinoffs.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Haven't had a kebab in a long long time, think i will have a plain donor kebab later with curry sauce on it and that's it, and a few homemade chips(french fries) .

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Is it because English is not my native language, or does "the Bar Exam" make you too think of something entirely different than attorneys?

It sounds so weird to me...

+ My brain is working so much overtime with all the current hassle. It's all positive, but a little too much at once.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Is it because English is not my native language, or does "the Bar Exam" make you too think of something entirely different than attorneys?

It sounds so weird to me...

+ My brain is working so much overtime with all the current hassle. It's all positive, but a little too much at once.
Lol. It makes me thinking of how bartenders are hired.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain
I wished KH and Persona swapped approaches. Persona has a stronger cast to me and theyd benefit from an overarching story. KH would benefit from a more episodic approach.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain
I wished KH and Persona swapped approaches. Persona has a stronger cast to me and theyd benefit from an overarching story. KH would benefit from a more episodic approach.
I'm afraid I don't follow, which Persona game are you suggesting would benefit from being carried over?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm afraid I don't follow, which Persona game are you suggesting would benefit from being carried over?
It's more of a preference as I didn't find Kingdom Hearts's core cast strong enough to keep my interest long term. So the series having a long running plot didn't work for me.

Having an overarching plot between the persona main entries and its spinoffs would've been more appealing personally.

I'm thinking more like how FF7 originally teased a plot with Genesis appearing in Dirge of Cerberus's ending.

I'm not thinking of any of the persona entries specifically. It's an just approach I would like for P6 and it's inevitable spinoffs.

Sorry if my initial post was confusing.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The original modern warfare 3 is night and day better than the remake from 2023.

Replaying the og modern warfare games again and loving it.

Top Bottom