• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Naming celebration was all cute and wonderful, but now we have one whole Swedish Princess Cake as a leftover with no idea about who's gonna eat it, because someone thought two cakes is not enough and that we need at least three... if not four...
(If we had bought four as I... erm, someone announced as a necessity [and that someone definitely not being the hostess aka me] we'd have two leftover cakes and two problems :ROFL: )

+ The Succession is a great show so far. Looks like it's gonna keep us entertained until Billions season 6.

Goldsickle

Trying to search for videos which contains "plump cat" (because I wanna avoid videos of cats that are overly fat).

Got a video of a cat with HUGE TICKS stuck on its body as top result : /
(There are two other HUGE TICKS videos...)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't think our freezer has ever been this full before. Literally nothing else can be put in there, and it's wonderful. Gotta love those companies that do bulk meat orders and such; our grocery shops are going to be pretty cheap for the next six months, I reckon. (I mean, there's still the matter of paying this order off, but it's completely worth it for free-range, no chemical, no antibiotics in the meat).

+So much to do today. x_x Friday, I need you to get here already.

Goldsickle

I don't think our freezer has ever been this full before. Literally nothing else can be put in there, and it's wonderful.
Be sure to use them up before expiry.

I filled up my chiller with meat meant for pizza (pepperoni and chicken ham) but I was too focused on work and leaned towards ready-made food on the go that I keep forgetting to actually make the goddamn pizzas.

Now all the meat are beyond their expiry dates.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's been a while since I had this recurring nightmare about my mother. Had it again last night. But something's different: now that she's gone, it was just a nightmare. No waking up crying in horror, no panic attack, no need to rush my head on my husband's chest to calm down. Woke up and sort of thought "that wasn't a nice one" before falling back to sleep, and in the morning it took a while for me to even remember it.

I think this nightmare will occasionally be there for the rest of my life, so it's definitely a good sign it didn't startle me too bad. :)

Also, I got the funeral arrangements done and the estate inventory is on a good track as well. I suppose I am able to get the legal stuff done well before next month.

One thing that bothers me though is how to respond to people saying "I am sorry for your loss" or sharing their "deepest condolences". Like, even people who know about my past say stuff like that. I don't get offended by that or anything, they are just being nice to me and it's all OK, but I never know how to react. Last time I let out a laughter which... didn't seem like a correct way to respond, according to the deep silence after that.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

It's been a while since I had this recurring nightmare about my mother. Had it again last night. But something's different: now that she's gone, it was just a nightmare. No waking up crying in horror, no panic attack, no need to rush my head on my husband's chest to calm down. Woke up and sort of thought "that wasn't a nice one" before falling back to sleep, and in the morning it took a while for me to even remember it.
I used to think that "recurring nightmares" was something that only happens on TV shows until it happened to me.
It happens in intervals but after a decade, I think it's shaken off.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

I think this nightmare will occasionally be there for the rest of my life, so it's definitely a good sign it didn't startle me too bad. :)

Also, I got the funeral arrangements done and the estate inventory is on a good track as well. I suppose I am able to get the legal stuff done well before next month.

One thing that bothers me though is how to respond to people saying "I am sorry for your loss" or sharing their "deepest condolences". Like, even people who know about my past say stuff like that. I don't get offended by that or anything, they are just being nice to me and it's all OK, but I never know how to react. Last time I let out a laughter which... didn't seem like a correct way to respond, according to the deep silence after that.
I can empathize with this. Your reaction/non-reaction to her passing is pretty much how I was when mine died. I still don't know how to interact with other family members as a result, because my experiences were vastly different. I'm glad it's getting easier though with the nightmares, and it's good to see you're doing well in spite of everything. :)

CT: Just had a crow land on the roof above the window my desk is positioned under. It hung slightly upside down and was staring at me for a few minutes (after giving me a mini heart attack. When it landed, it was loud). Gods, I love these birds so much. <3 I'd make friends with them if I could.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Some stupid jokes I made up.

What do you call a chicken with a gun?

Bang bang chicken

What do you call someone that's dying?

An ambulance

I saw a sign at work that read "CAUTION! FORK LIFT TRUCKS". I thought to myself that must be a really strong fork.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I used to think that "recurring nightmares" was something that only happens on TV shows until it happened to me.
It happens in intervals but after a decade, I think it's shaken off.
For me it's not like that movie-style recurring, like the exact same stuff repeating every time. It's just the themes. I'm having this dream that I'm moving away from my childhood home (the place I never moved out the way people usually do: I was taken into hospital and straight after that into child custody center so I never got to pack or prepare anything) but mom is somehow blocking me, not in a physical way but somehow I know she's making it impossible. We are having an argument but she doesn't listen to me, she just laughs at my face. They're the recurring themes, but details are different in matters of where are we located in the apartment and whether or not it evolves into a physical conflict.
I can empathize with this. Your reaction/non-reaction to her passing is pretty much how I was when mine died. I still don't know how to interact with other family members as a result, because my experiences were vastly different. I'm glad it's getting easier though with the nightmares, and it's good to see you're doing well in spite of everything. :)

CT: Just had a crow land on the roof above the window my desk is positioned under. It hung slightly upside down and was staring at me for a few minutes (after giving me a mini heart attack. When it landed, it was loud). Gods, I love these birds so much. <3 I'd make friends with them if I could.
Got to say I'm really surprised I'm so OK. I was afraid of falling into postnatal depression, and considering my risk factors to that, I didn't count the possibility of mom dying and me getting all the legal stuff on my shoulders. I guess therapy is the thing here. Frankly, I can't figure out how else would I still be sane here - the estate inventory is going well on my end but let's just say that there's a reason why I'm not in contact with my step-brother, and I'd like to return to having no brothers after this legal hassle. So it's been anything else than stress-free situation.

Birds <3 Got plenty of them here as well. During spring it's actually pretty noisy with them, there's so much of them and several different species :D But they're cute.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I saw a sign at work that read "CAUTION! FORK LIFT TRUCKS". I thought to myself that must be a really strong fork.
Can we.....talk about this :oops:...
edit: I think this actual sign for fork lift :ROFL:.
4tcc3j.jpg

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Dante's human self should look like TGS10 DmC Dante.
And Vergil's downfall ending still remains unknown, a possible start for next game as villain who betrayed by his brother.
If you play DmC 2 the game gives you 2 paths from start (no DLC and story modes are unlocked from start):

》Dante: I don't have any clue but I think Dante & Kat fighting for humanity and Vergil is new threat.
》Vergil: After the downfall ending we see him he seek revenge from Kat & Dante and want rule humanity (according to first DmC).

@V's patron endings on you and we must give Capcom a little advice :cool:.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
And Vergil's downfall ending still remains unknown, a possible start for next game as villain who betrayed by his brother.
If you play DmC 2 the game gives you 2 paths from start (no DLC and story modes are unlocked from start):

》Dante: I don't have any clue but I think Dante & Kat fighting for humanity and Vergil is new threat.
》Vergil: After the downfall ending we see him he seek revenge from Kat & Dante and want rule humanity (according to first DmC).

@V's patron endings on you and we must give Capcom a little advice :cool:.
I guess they meet at a metaphorical crossroads where the final boss is

Goldsickle

It's just the themes.
Totally that way.
The setting, location and people change but the general fear is the same.

If you have hydrophobia, then your recurring nightmares will shuffle between being dunked into a swimming pool, deep sea, pond or even fish tank.
Not that I actually have hydrophobia, I just don't feel like sharing the details about my recurring nightmares.

As mentioned, it took me about a decade for it to phase out.
Hopefully it takes shorter time for you.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Chibnall tried to outdo Moffat and broke my brain.

If you thought the last two episodes were confusing....you ain't gonna like this one.

Goldsickle

Played Resident Evil 6 on PS3 and surprised that there are still some people out there playing online, almost 9 years after the game was released.
Decided to join and experienced a few different "tropes" of online gaming that I haven't felt for a while, including "I can't pause the game!" and partner leaving after a session, making you feel a little depressed.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Other people in the crowded bus: :|
Me, in the middle of the crowd: *thinking about Finnish music, remembers the video on I Wanna Love You Tender and starts giggling alone with seemingly no reason*

Public space is fun with me... Said my husband never.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don't mean to make light of a serious situation, but the fact that the terrorist from a few days ago who tried to blow up a church service commemorating Veteran's Day...was thwarted because the taxi he took got stuck in traffic is the most hilariously British thing I have ever seen, like no joke if it really is true that the reason he blew himself (and only himself) up was because he set the timer without making plans for delays and then realised he couldn't turn it off...it's almost a sketch out of Four Lions. :unsure:

Top Bottom