• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
GOT fans petitioning to remake the whole eight season and the Sonic movie getting delayed to change the design...

I mean everyone has the right to criticize something they don't like within reasonable terms and all but it's starting to feel like the fans own these properties now. The audience shouldn't have this much power over an artistic medium. IMO, it's creating a dangerous precedent.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
GOT fans petitioning to remake the whole eight season and the Sonic movie getting delayed to change the design...

I mean everyone has the right to criticize something they don't like within reasonable terms and all but it's starting to feel like the fans own these properties now. The audience shouldn't have this much power over an artistic medium. IMO, it's creating a dangerous precedent.
Is it that the audience have power, or that the companies are too afraid of taking any risks? They'll cancel a show at the drop of a hat these days, even the good ones, but at the same time the aim is usually to drag shows out as long as they can. Changing movies because of a bad reaction isn't anything new, they've had test screenings for a long time and if the tiny audience in those doesn't like something they'll ditch or add almost anything to get a rise out of them.

But I guess the audience does have one thing they never used to and that's social media. They can cause something like the Sonic reaction to be viral in minutes. They can exert some pre-watch pressure audiences never had. Still up to the companies whether they take it on board or not tho. I wish more of them would just do what they want. Same with games companies. In the end making something truly original and good will bring the fans instead of trying to chase the fans.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I started playing Danganronpa V3. I just got through the first trial and I am flabbergasted. I feel lied to hoodwinked and led astray.
It was as bad as having to accuse Chiaki in the penultimate trial. Only this game got the same effect with only one case to get me to like the culprit.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Goodbye old Ty beanies. Too long you've languished in my closet. You were good friends to me in those long, arduous years, but now it's time for you to find new people to love and appreciate you--care worn as you are.

+I wish writing retreats were a thing. I'd get so much more work done if people didn't foist their obligations on me. >.>

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I really haven't been posting here at all lately... Haven't found a reason to TBH.

I've been whiling away the hours watching Space Battleship Yamato 2199. The new series. Planning on binging 2202 after that, even if people say it's not as good.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
John Wick 3 was pretty good. It fell off during the second act, but came back in the third, and as fantastic as the fight choreography is, the gunfights are very stale.

For some reason there were 2 kids at my showing and they were right behind me, constantly talking the whole way through. Would've enjoyed the movie far more without them, but that's "the theater experience."

Top Bottom