• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I feel like I've said this before, but... There is so little art related to the Triple Threat Triad. Why? o_O Such an underrated batch of antagonists. (Pity they didn't show up much in the series, either.)

+I wonder if I should go to the store today, or put it off until tomorrow? I am kinda jonesin' for a Timmies (especially considering all I have right now is Folgers pre-ground. Ick.)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
And...with Ip Man 3 watched that makes the entire trilogy done and dusted. It was truly a blast and I would recommend the series to anyone who likes martial arts flicks. :thumbsup:

So the third film can roughly be split between three main plotlines, the American property developers who want to demolish the elementary school, Master Tin who wants to earn money to start his own martial arts school even if he has to use unscrupulous means, and finally Ip Man's wife being diagnosed with cancer. If it sounds like those three might bloat the film...it's cause they kinda do. The first two had interesting setups but neither one ends quite satisfactorily, which is a shame as Mike Tyson was awesome as a villain and yet he felt sorely underused. Likewise, Master Tin's decent to villainy ended rather abruptly which is capped off with an okay final fight scene. On the other hand, Ip Man's wife slowly declining health was a heartrending sequence and you really felt something when Ip Man sacrificed a title match to ease her suffering in her final days. I do appreciate that they tried to make the villains actually have some character as both were family men and Mike Tyson's character held up his promise to leave Ip Man alone while Master Tin helped Ip Man to rescue the children who were abducted. This was something that was sorely lacking in the first two films. Bruce Lee's cameos were also amusing. But yeah, all in all a good movie that while doesn't quite reach the height of second movie, is still a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

Hmm...if I had to rank them, I'd probably go 2 > 3 > 1.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Ate too much. Going into food coma. :dead: Damn you, braised beef fajitas! Why did you have to be so good?

+
Maybe I'll watch Whisper of the Heart later; it's been so long since the last time. I barely remember what happens. :unsure:

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
The author tried so hard to cover up all them plotholes, but one seem to have gotten through - how the fudge did Erina breathe inside the closed coffin? XD
Also, Dio is a taunting type, not emotionally abusive, rants-for-hours-like-a-bitch, stereotype, but different authors - different vision.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Had one of those hilarious "I've already had this revelation before, but because I'm half asleep, I've just had it again" moments. Mainly that Cary Elwes was in Liar, Liar. :blush:

For some reason, as I was falling asleep, the voice of the Baron from Whisper of the Heart popped into my head (considering I just watched it the other night, I suppose it's not much of a surprise), which made the above click.

Seriously, brain; how many "we already knew that!" moments are we going to have, here? It's moments like these that make me relate to Dory. :facepalm: And yet, my long-term memory is nearly impeccable...go figure.

+I keep telling myself I need to read that book, but the thing is...I really don't like Buttercup. I just barely tolerate her in the movie (because satire). I'll have to try again soon.

Eventually.

Y'know...someday. :unsure:

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Man, things have really picked up. This book's super addicting.

+Come hell or high water, I'm playing ToS tonight. I doubt I'll beat the dungeon yet (mainly because I'm rusty as ****, but also because I don't have the additional 10 for my inventory that would make it possible). But still, I'm itching to play it, even if I my only progress is levelling up a bit. Wish I could dedicate the time and effort I once did for this game, but you know what they say: "You can't go home again". Maybe I'll pull it off, regardless... Though all-nighters are out of the question. :unsure:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hot damn! That was a righteous thunderstorm last night.

Light dancing across the sky, rain hammering down, roars of thunder like that of an angry god. Not to mention the cattle were going wild.

It was pretty intense. But I stsyed up really late watching it and now my eyes are all funny. :woot:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
What made it so fascinating was that I could actually see it slowly approaching over the South horizon and gradually creeping closer to me.

At first it was just strange lights in the distance and a low rumble. By the end, it was right in front of my face to the point I was genuinely worried about getting hit by lightning.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hot damn! That was a righteous thunderstorm last night.

Light dancing across the sky, rain hammering down, roars of thunder like that of an angry god. Not to mention the cattle were going wild.

It was pretty intense. But I stsyed up really late watching it and now my eyes are all funny. :woot:

I thought Thor had crashed his almighty hammer down on the roof of my house.

Top Bottom