• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I think I'm beginning to form a list of phrases I hear/ have heard that I dislike.
"You can't have your cake and eat it too." - I get the principle behind this phrase, If I eat my cake it'll be gone and I'll no longer have it. However, what in the blue blazes is the point of having my cake I'm not going to eat it.
"It is what it is."- People throw this one out there like it's Hakuna Matata or something. It just feels like the go to thing to say when people can't explain something or do anything about it.

....I had a third one that I seem to have forgotten while I was typing the other two. Schwoops.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@ReaperHunter That first one, lol. It's always bugged the ever-loving crap out of me. x_x The second one I'm guilty of saying from time to time (though honestly, I'm not crazy about it, either. I'm usually just trying to minimize something that's bugging me when I say it).

CT: Hmm...maybe it's just bruised? I hope that's the case. :unsure:

+I wonder why that one is late? I also wonder what the seller plans to do, should it not arrive at all? I don't expect them to send me another copy for free (especially in the event the other shows up after the fact) but I also don't want to pay the same amount. I wonder if they'll sell me another at reduced price? I've never been sure about the process; I don't blame the seller for what's happened, so hopefully we can come to an equitable decision.

berto

I Saw the Devil
1457365025806.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
+ Why do some of us have green dots by our names while others don't??? Did I miss something?
Think Steve's been tinkering on the forum. If you're online, you get a green dot. Facebook has the same thing with chat lists.

He blocked someone else the other day too for asking which of two options he liked. XD
I love the whole 'you shall not speak unless spoken to' thing he's got going. Too entertaining.

berto

I Saw the Devil
He blocked someone else the other day too for asking which of two options he liked. XD
I love the whole 'you shall not speak unless spoken to' thing he's got going. Too entertaining.
I think he needs to get off tweeter and chill for a few. He should know that thin skin is not for the internet and if he's getting aggravated a break might be in order.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That moment when you're trying to clear up a misconception regarding your story, but it pretty much involves venturing into spoiler territory in order to do it. Gods, can't people just--I don't know--stop assuming they have the answers before they've even reached the conclusion?

Cripes, people. Speculation is fine; jumping to conclusions is a big NO in my books. >.>

+Have I never not been cranky on a Monday morning? :cautious: (Or, 'yknow...morning in general).

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This sucks.
He's got the week off from work. I don't, I still work. Which means I've got an early playgroup 30minutes away today. Totally forgot to mention it to him. And as always, he'll probably make me feel guilty for it. But wtf. It's my JOB. I get paid for this.

Plus there's free morning tea.
I'm really only there for the food.

Ugh. And he's cranky again. He should just stay in bed today.

Top Bottom